Welcome to PatsFans.com

Another Benefit of Affirmative Action

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by BelichickFan, Mar 26, 2008.

1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +285 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

2. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Racial flame war on!
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Well of course... If it's from BF, it's anti-minority tinged in some way...

Period.
  4. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You're having your period? Now I understand your behavior.
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Watch as this antagonistic post is ignored by the mods.
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

So much for personal responsibility. Let's not blame the mortgage companies; let's blame the deregulation that allowed mortgage companies to act irresponsibly. We need more government oversight of lenders. When we loosen the strings to promote investment in poor areas, we need to keep an eye on the lending institutions that in fact have a short term interest in loans, even if those loans go belly up. Many investors did well thanks to the mortgage scandal and are only complaining now that their gains are being replaced by losses. Perhaps we should tax their earlier gains (that resulted from bad mortgages) in order to create a fund to help people manage their debt? Also, one wonders the percent of poor people who borrowed from responsible lenders who are successfully manage their mortgages. My gues is it's a reasonably high percent.
  7. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

this article is very anti-minority tinged by the wall street journal...

DEADLY BUSINESS
    Violence Roils Black Funeral Parlors
    By GARY FIELDS
    March 26, 2008; Page A1

CINCINNATI -- Clarence Glover has a surveillance camera in the chapel of his funeral home. Joseph Garr sometimes carries a revolver in his hearse. Carl Swann Jr. is contemplating leaving the business.

The three directors of black funeral parlors here have been assaulted at services and each has had gunshots fired during burials. Concealed-weapons, pre-funeral intelligence briefings, cameras, panic buttons and armed security guards are becoming as much a part of services as the eulogy.

"I've been in this business 42 years and I'm jittery now," Mr. Glover says.

Across the country, black morticians are changing the way they operate. The reason: a spike in African-American murders -- and the violence that sometimes follows victims to the grave. In an echo of more volatile parts of the world, such as Iraq and Afghanistan, African-American morticians report seeing an increase in violent behavior, and occasional killings, at funerals.

Note from Forum Moderator (Patters)

Please provide a link to this story. We try to be strict in enforcing the rule limiting quotes to a maximum of four paragraphs. This is to protect Patsfans.Com from copyright infringement.
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +285 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

It is what it is, isn't it. If mortgage companies have to reach into the inner cities, it becomes racial. That's not my fault. I want all races to be able to buy houses they can afford. But don't start calling me a racist simply for presenting an article that doesn't blame big business.
  9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Actually, I call you a racist because of your countless posts calling out blacks, and other minorities. In fact, it makes up seemingly over half of your post total in here. It's your body of work, certainly not your slant on this one post here. I believe PF1996 documented your most egregious offerings.
  10. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Watch Patters completely ignore this.
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

What's the specific problem? I'm commenting on his post history.

Unlike you, who suggests another poster is menstruating. Got a free pass for that one, didn't you forum coward?
  12. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Forum coward? Dude, it's a message board. Get over yourself. And I didn't suggest you were menstruating. I suggested you were suffering from PMS. And I got my cue both from your behavior and from your own words.
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Wait. Poly-Sci, did YOU just suggest that someone ELSE here needs to get over himself? Wow. That's rich.
  14. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Not someone else, just you.

Reading comprehension much?
  15. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

Putting On My Moderator's Hat

a.paul and PC, must you hijack this thread with your own little pi$$sing contest (and I don't care who started it)? Please return to the original subject of the thread.
  16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +285 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Oh bull****. My largest "body of work" is tax cuts and privatization of social security and you know it.

I expect people of all races to do what they have to do to be the best they can be; too often that doesn't happen with some (not one) races and that's unfortunate. If I were racist I wouldn't believe they have the capability to be successful; and I think people of all races have that capability.
  17. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's just easier for him to yell "racist". Of course, calling someone a racist is against the rules and is something a moderator told me was specifically forbidden, but it appears to be allowed as long as you're on the right side.

If he had anything worth saying, he wouldn't have to resort to bull**** crap like "racist" and "neocon" and "Reichwing" with impunity.
  18. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'm going to side a bit with Patters on this one, in the way that lending companies acted dishonorably. The lenders and the lendees are both to blame for this current housing slump. It was bad of companies to take advantage, yes. But I also think that people who took out loans and such without doing research were acting pretty daft. You can't (err... shouldn't) undertake such a life-altering thing like get a mortgage without doing at least minimal research.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  19. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

How is this:
    companies takng advanatage?
  20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Really? Well, why did you not chime in in response to this thread then? Did you or did you not say those things?

Why is it that most threads about perceived reverse racism and "lazy blacks" topics come from you?

"do what they have to do to be the best they can be"... Wow... did you get that off a fortune cookie? How vaguely convenient. You can't hide your agenda here. We're quite on to you.