PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another appreciation thread for the Big Uglies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
They deserve it. No, they haven't been perfect, but they've been very, very, very good to Tom, Sammy, and Laurence these last five weeks.

#3 in the league rushing, and just 3 sacks allowed in five games--while using at least one backup in nearly every game.

Keep up the good work, sirs.

Here, here.

I've always marveled at killer lines on other teams, as pointed out by broadcasts. Cincinnati always had one. Denver, Dallas always seem(ed) to have machines. KC and STL, recently (except this year). Since joining this site, I've become more critical of the line as a complete entity.

I'll be damned if we don't actually get to watch one ourselves, thus far. Without lauded studs and darlings, this line is looking like one for the ages, as if NFL films might produce a feel-good piece on the unheralded line of the "great Patriots juggernaut of 2007".

Cheers to the OL. Good call.

PS: Honorable mention to Randy Moss. His blocking last game was extraordinary. Underappreciated, too, from what I"ve read on the board thus far. Blocking two guys on one play, perfectly timed?

Last edited:
Here, here.

I've always marveled at killer lines on other teams, as pointed out by broadcasts. Cincinnati always had one. Denver, Dallas always seem(ed) to have machines. KC and STL, recently (except this year). Since joining this site, I've become more critical of the line as a complete entity.

Indy has had a very good to great OL for years as well.

They deserve it. No, they haven't been perfect, but they've been very, very, very good to Tom, Sammy, and Laurence these last five weeks.

#3 in the league rushing, and just 3 sacks allowed in five games--while using at least one backup in nearly every game.

Keep up the good work, sirs.

Good thread idea. It's remarkable how these guys who are so responsible for the success (or failure) of the team are talked about so little.

Props to Hochstein, who filled in nicely (minus some poor red zone blocks in the 2nd quarter that spurred the thread I started the other day).

Another thing to mention about the Browns game - and this isn't to take anything away from the OL - but they were only rushing 4 (a few times, 3). I think Romeo realized that getting pressure on Brady is a bit futile and counter productive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back