PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another amazing stat from the ESPN Pats tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
First off, I think the concept is hysterical.

In any case, here's the stat that impressed me: the Patriots are 80-1 (in the regular season) since 2001 when they hold a lead at any point in the fourth quarter. Here are the two reasons why I find that amazing:

(1) In that same time span, every other NFL team has blown at least seven fourth-quarter leads.
(2) It basically means that every time the Pats have lost under Brady, it's because a comeback "attempt" fell short.

The game that comes to mind on hearing this stat was the loss in Denver in 2005: although the Pats lost by over a TD, Brady still managed to quiet the Donkey fans in the fourth quarter ("Oh, s#$@#$, is he going to pull this off again?").

First off, I think the concept is hysterical.

In any case, here's the stat that impressed me: the Patriots are 80-1 (in the regular season) since 2001 when they hold a lead at any point in the fourth quarter. Here are the two reasons why I find that amazing:

(1) In that same time span, every other NFL team has blown at least seven fourth-quarter leads.
(2) It basically means that every time the Pats have lost under Brady, it's because a comeback "attempt" fell short.

The game that comes to mind on hearing this stat was the loss in Denver in 2005: although the Pats lost by over a TD, Brady still managed to quiet the Donkey fans in the fourth quarter ("Oh, s#$@#$, is he going to pull this off again?").

That's shocking to me, and almost hard to believe.

Does that include playoffs because I can think of the Miami game in 04 and the Indy AFCC game last year.

Last edited:
That stat means that NE owns the 4th quarter. That's really a testimony to Belichick, for making all the right moves late in these games.

Just looked back at the schedules and if it's regular season then they are right. Amazing we haven't heard this one before.

That stat means that NE owns the 4th quarter. That's really a testimony to Belichick, for making all the right moves late in these games.

Also the players playing smart and not doing things to cost the team a chance at the comeback.

Yikes... that's incredible. I guess we just need to be wining by a bunch going into the forth quarter so there's no chance of NE taking the lead at any point. Pretty tall order.

I didn't know it had gotten up to 80, but I did know we had an overwhelming majority in that area.

That is amazing. Anyone need convincing that this dynasty talk is for real?

The amazing part of that stat to me is 'at any point in the 4th quarter', basically the moment we take the lead, at any time in the final period, the game is over.

So what was that 1 regular season loss?

Anybody know the game the Pats lost? That's right, 2004 @ Dolphin Stadium. :D

Well, at least the Phins have that going for them...oh yeah, that's right that was 3 years ago.

The amazing part of that stat to me is 'at any point in the 4th quarter', basically the moment we take the lead, at any time in the final period, the game is over.

So what was that 1 regular season loss?

The lphins in 2004.

80-1 !!!

Lol !!!

Anyone need convincing that this dynasty talk is for real?

I'll believe in the dynasty only if they manage 100-1, and Posh Spice removes her breast implants.

You can make a strong case that the dynasty is up for debate until Posh removes her breast implants, but some might argue that this is immaterial given the fact that she is married to a soccer player.

I say the dynasty is firmly in place and the ESPN Patriots tracker is the greatest thing since sliced bread. It is is really pissing people off here in the denver area- I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes