Welcome to PatsFans.com

Another 40% Republican Majority

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Mar 25, 2010.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

The fantasyland mantry that "the majority of the country" is against health care has been bleated on this forum for months, and continues to be bleated, by the lock-step echo chamber of right-wing "thought," and I use that term very generously.

Here are the numbers on what Americans say about the passage of health care:

49% think it is a good thing
    40% think it is a bad thing
    Remainder undecided.

By Slim Margin, Americans Support Healthcare Bill's Passage

And by the way, "bad thing" has crested.

Memo to GOP puppet party, and GOP:

YOU LOSE AGAIN.

Now it's threats and vandalism, along with the natural stupid "do-overs" shenanigans on the Hill that Republicans start in with when they lose (which seems to be a habit these days.)

The plurality support the bill.

The minority oppose it.

Know your role, right wingers.

PFnV
  2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Are you lumping in threats of vandalism with legal challanges? Agreed they may be a waste of time and I'm getting pretty sick of all vandalism and violence talk too but it is flat out wrong to link it to the majority of people who oppose the health care bill. It maybe loud but it is not widespread. The dems love this stuff and will exploit and blow it out of as much proportion as they can....and the media is only to happy to further that cause.

Lets get back to the good old days when we could just exort people to simply "vote or die" and hardly a soul would pay attention to it.:rolleyes:
  3. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

What, if you say it often enough it becomes true?

There is no majority of people who oppose health care. I just gave you the numbers, and provided the most recent poll establishing this fact.

I'm sorry my friend. Reality, once again, has a liberal bias.

As to d1cking around and wasting our time, you are right.

The anti-health crackpots threatening or vandalizing at least 10 members of congress as of this morning are another thing. They are not "isolated".

The clowns in Congress have been courting the frothing fools out on the fringes way too long, and the fringies are defining themselves and their behavior as the "real" right wing.

When America next votes in 2010 - as we will, much to the chagrin of our corporatist and domestic terrorist opposition - we will remember this behavior.

Yay!!! They've energized the base! (The other side's.)

PFnV
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Have contended ever since the party of law and order morphed into the party of anarchy that there will be unintended consequences.. and the whole thing may backfire.. all of this makes great advertising for the Democrats...
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

It's our kids and their kids who lose. They're the ones who will have to deal with the massive spending and what will be a lesser health care system. As for the poll, things are always more popular when they pass and lots of people get "free" stuff. It won't be long (weeks, not years) until this poll is flipped. Especially if the question is asked better. Some will have said "yes it's good that it passed" just because they were tired of hearing about this behemoth.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Too bad there was not the same sentiment before we went to Iraq, and before we almost doubled the Dept of Defense budge X 2.... the outrage is so situational, it verges on hypocrisy.. if there were concerns about fiscal responsibility, the previous 8 years did not do very much for that ideal, in many circles the memory is short and/or non existent.

At least with this bill we are not destroying countries, then having to rebuild them, turning blind eyes towards massive defense contractor fraud, and doing the collateral damage thing..

Still contend that what is happening right now, will have severe unintended consequences... and may backfire, our society does not like anarchy.
  7. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

Verges on?

"Ronald Reagan proved that deficits don't matter."
    - GW Bush

Idiots: the bush tax giveaway to the wealthy, and the cost of the unnecessary Iraq war doubled the deficit during George II's reign. You supported all of them.

Gotta go to work. Some of us do tht.

PFnV
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Whatever, this is a separate issue. What's done is done over there, it has no bearing on this.
  9. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm curious about the question that was asked... it could be people are happier that the vote finally happened... so now the government can focus on JOBS.
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

The share of the income tax paid by the rich went up under Bush - I understand their income did too but this "tax giveaway" argument is silly.

The Tax Foundation - Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data

You can look up all the numbers in Table 6. But to show the point, the bottom 50% went from 3.91% to 2.89% from 2000 to 2007 (yes, in 2007 the bottom FIFTY PERCENT paid less than 3% of the income tax). The top 1% went from 37% to 40%. So . . . you're wrong.

BTW, the income share was more flat, with the bottom 50% having 13% of the income in 2000 which went down to $12.26% in 2007. So while the income share of the bottom 50% went down 5.7%, the income tax share went down 26%.
  11. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

12. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As I remember, Bush tax cuts averted an economic crisis.
  13. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

A crisis, what kind of crisis how can two tax cuts for the wealthiest avert a crisis, unless were talking bout hte size of someones yaght not being up to par with the others in the club. So Sorry pal i don't think so. i think you should use the GOOGLE
  14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

They did result in the rich paying a higher percentage of the total income tax and the bottom 50% paying a lower percentage. I already showed that.
  15. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

16. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

17. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sweet, I'm glad you believe lies. Would you like some cake?
  18. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Its not a crisis IF millionairs or billionairs have to pay a little more in taxes. Why do people like you keep sticking up for rich people, when your not rich and are most likely NEVER going to be rich. This has always baffled me.
  19. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Because the rich are likely to always be rich. They either earned it or inherited it. What the rich don't like to do is have someone else make them un-rich. So if the government takes more of their money, they spend less. If they spend less, economy hurts.

It's even worse when we're talking about families making over $250,000. That's middle class.
  20. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Your not rich So why do you let them screw you and say thank you may i have another.