PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anonymous NFL Owner: Deflategate Has Been ‘Embarrassing To Our League’

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has nothing to do with Goodell.
Are you implying that since Kraft was effective in his role as an owner that means he should forget that Goodell royally screwed him in spygate? That makes no sense.

What?

That has nothing to do with Goodell.
Are you implying that since Kraft was effective in his role as an owner that means he should forget that Goodell royally screwed him in spygate? That makes no sense.

This was last year, months ago.

Capture.jpg

You're saying he should have ignored being considered the most influential owner in all sports and instead, sit in his room going "I know Goodell's going to get me. He waited 8 years just to throw me off, but he can't fool me!"

That would be psychotic.

Conversely, Brady would have gone into the appeal, with his team just having lost an appeal of the same charge.

And he would be worse off...how?
Had Bob appealed it is more than likely that the league office would have made additional stupid & self-contradictory statements in the TEAM appeal that could be used against them in the Brady court appeal.

Capture.jpg

You're saying he should have ignored being considered the most influential owner in all sports and instead, sit in his room going "I know Goodell's going to get me. He waited 8 years just to throw me off, but he can't fool me!"

That would be psychotic.
Your answer is psychotic.
Kraft does not owe his success to Goodell.
Of course he should have known Goodell would screw him again, because he already did it once.
On top of that, he has witness the horrendous handling of many other issues by the boob that he allowed to retain the power to do this to him AGAIN.

Clearly you don't think he belongs on a most influential list right now do you?
Being that his franchise is getting screwed and no one in the entire league has come to his support.

Your argument seems to be that in between getting screwed by Goodell twice, Kraft had a nice run so he should have forgotten who Goodell was because everything is going well today, so we don't have to worry about yesterday or tomorrow.

Had Bob appealed it is more than likely that the league office would have made additional stupid & self-contradictory statements in the TEAM appeal that could be used against them in the Brady court appeal.

The judge and the public would have known they lost an appeal on the exact same charg.

If you think that helps them, so be it.

Your answer is psychotic.
Kraft does not owe his success to Goodell.
Of course he should have known Goodell would screw him again, because he already did it once.
On top of that, he has witness the horrendous handling of many other issues by the boob that he allowed to retain the power to do this to him AGAIN.

Clearly you don't think he belongs on a most influential list right now do you?
Being that his franchise is getting screwed and no one in the entire league has come to his support.

Your argument seems to be that in between getting screwed by Goodell twice, Kraft had a nice run so he should have forgotten who Goodell was because everything is going well today, so we don't have to worry about yesterday or tomorrow.

Kraft is not the commissioner. He was considered by that sports business periodical as the most influential owner in all of sports.

You think he spent eight years obsessing over the spy thing, I think it seems he put it behind him, like successful people usually do. He got stabbed in the back. I think he was shocked and even more so bt the punishment. I know I was.

Maybe you expected a farcical "scandal" regarding air in balls, but that would just make you a lot more prescient than me, Kraft, Brady and lots of others.

Maybe the Saints are obsessing about their debacle with the league, but i think they're probably moving on and trying to get back to Super Bowl caliber.

Capture.jpg

That would be psychotic.
What most people fail to realize is that the influence that Kraft had was only in financial matters (sports business) which is great for his beloved partners but nothing for his team or fans. When it comes down to competition on the field, he has zero influence or respect among his peers and Goodell. Certainly they will give him lip service to massage his ego, but when it comes to helping his team and its fans we can see the results even though he didn't for the last eight years. I hope that his eyes were finally opened but I wouldn't put any money on it despite his pronouncements.

Kraft is not the commissioner. He was considered by that sports business periodical as the most influential owner in all of sports.

You think he spent eight years obsessing over the spy thing, I think it seems he put it behind him, like successful people usually do. He got stabbed in the back. I think he was shocked and even more so bt the punishment. I know I was.
Clearly he should have.
Are you seriously telling me that in your opinion Kraft was wise to ignore the screwing he got in Spygate and support Roger Goodell, and it is shocking that the same exact thing happened the very next time there was an accusation?
Why would the punishment be shocking after Spygate? That was the 2nd most ridiculous punishment in NFL history, only surpassed by the next time Kraft was in the sights.

Maybe you expected a farcical "scandal" regarding air in balls, but that would just make you a lot more prescient than me, Kraft, Brady and lots of others.
You don't have to be prescient to know you got screwed beyond belief the last 2 times you were accused.
Should he still support Goodell and realize it would be silly, or what was your word psychotic to sit around thinking he will do it again?
How many times does it take/

Maybe the Saints are obsessing about their debacle with the league, but i think they're probably moving on and trying to get back to Super Bowl caliber.
What are you talking about? Taking support away from an incompetent and corrupt commissioner is not counterproductive to winning football games.
In fact, it would help, because you won't keep losing draft picks for nothing.

You usually are a pretty sharp guy, but wow, you are way off in the weeds on this one.

He would be worse off because to imply otherwise would be to consider that Robert Kraft royally screwed this up.
No, he shouldn't have done anything because of course he would have lost so how can you possibly discuss what would be different if you won't accept the fact that it was 100% certain he would have lost.
Thats the logic you are facing here.

Apparently we have some true believers in the infallibility of Kraft, to the extent they can't realize that Goodell and the other owners have played Kraft for a gullible fool for the last eight years . In this period, Kraft's support for Goodell has done nothing but harm his team and its fans, but to admit that would shake their beliefs so much that they have to use torture illogic to avoid that.

I went back and reread the original article and I am astounded at just how clueless and tone-deaf these owners are. On the one hand, everybody agreed to the CBA so it is hypocritical to do complain about what's happening. On the other hand, this is profoundly embarrassing and has damaged the league, a great player and the commissioner.

This is textbook cognitive dissonance. You can't say it's a huge problem which has never existed in the NFL or any other sports league and then say - well, that's how we decided to do it so everyone should quit complaining.

There's no hope for the NFL as long as Scheisskopf is in charge. Sad to say though, the owners are very bit as clueless as their $40 million per year dimwit. Blaming Roger is like saying "the dog did it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back