PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Annual PatsFans Draft Contest: 2014 Winners!

patchick

Moderatrix
Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
After a single pick, the PatsFans draftnik community was feeling smug. 17 of us correctly predicted Dominique Easley. Dang we're good. :cool:

8 picks later, we had been returned to our usual position of baffled humility. An apparent shift in philosophy on the offensive line was a big culprit, as the Patriots -- under Dante, a team of jumbo ballet dancers and high jumpers -- targeted a bunch of power OLs with less focus on grand jetés. Nonetheless, two bold draft oracles managed to predict two picks:

Patsattax (Easley, Stork)
reaper8 (Easley, Halapio)

I had planned to use spelling as a tie-breaker, since I did ask everybody to play nice and use full names with careful spelling. Unfortunately, I had to take a quarter point away from Patsattax for his prediction of "Dominic" Easley, and a quarter point away from reaper8 for only using first initials.
brickwall.gif
That left a tie at 1.75 points.

Then I noticed that reaper8 only named 7 players, making his 2 hits even more impressive! But how much should we honor our fellow posters for not being able to count? Let's call it:

1a: reaper8, with 1.75 points
1b: Patsattax, with 1.75 points

Congratulations guys, and best of luck to all of us next year.

Last edited:
Haha I'll take it ;). Next time I'll double check first name spelling!

28.6% hit rate, take that KIper,Mayock :cool:

Edit 2 "rookie" posters getting it done lets hope is a sign and a couple of draftee's contribute straight away

I almost predicted Jordan Love correctly (assuming he does well at his tryout)

What was the big hint that made a lot of us know it was going to be Easley? I haven't been paying enough attention I suppose.

Next year I'm printing the entire collegiate football roster and tack it to my wall. Then I'm going to throw as many darts as we have picks. Those will be my choices next year.

I had 3 hints. Patriots needed a DT/DE, Easley is from Florida, and I thought he was going to be drafted after a trade down. Now I definately didn't get the location part right as I thought no way he'd go in the first.

I had 3 hints. Patriots needed a DT/DE, Easley is from Florida, and I thought he was going to be drafted after a trade down. Now I definately didn't get the location part right as I thought no way he'd go in the first.

Was DT/DE really a need? Wilfork (2017), Jones (2016), Nikovich (2017) still have multiple years left. Tommy Kelly is in his last year, but there's still depth at the position with C Jones (2017) and Vellano (2016).

Does Easley start over Kelly this year?

I think Bellichik viewed it as a need. He also addressed the Oline with a bunch of picks there. Just giving my reason for thinking Easley would get drafted. If healthy I could totally see him having a heavy play count but not starting.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back