Announcement: Server Update 11/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
As you can tell we're still on the same account and haven't moved to the dedicated server just yet. I ran into an issue late last night that prevented me from being able to finish, and instead decided to call it a night and get back to it today. I'm going to test the new forum once it's up and running, and will direct everyone at that point once I'm sure it's functioning correctly.

Ian

Really appreciate the updates, Ian.
It is nice to feel i'm not totally in the dark about what is going on!

Good luck with all the shenanigans!

Okay...let's make this easier on everyone.

1: We still have the Donald Hayes Server.

2: The Chad Jackson server has an issue or two and is not ready.

3: The Chad Jackson server needs to be practiced at game speed.

4: If that practice goes well The Chad Jackson server will be the new starter.

Does that sound about right?

NEM said:
What if we cant get back into THIS site to get those directions. E-Mail?????

Not to worry. It won't go ever down, it's just extremely slow. If there's a problem and you can't access this board, you'll also have instructions at the front page of PatsFans.com as well to access it.

Ian

F.B.N. said:
Okay...let's make this easier on everyone.

1: We still have the Donald Hayes Server.

2: The Chad Jackson server has an issue or two and is not ready.

3: The Chad Jackson server needs to be practiced at game speed.

4: If that practice goes well The Chad Jackson server will be the new starter.

Does that sound about right?

Very nice FBN :D

Ian

ISP's should have the new patsfans.com IP address within a few hours. However if you access the message board and it's still the old (slow) board, then use the IP address that Ian provides. For example this IP address takes you to the old (slow) board:
http://216.69.140.4/new-england-patriots/messageboard/forumdisplay.php?f=1

If you are using "DNS Caching", such as Windows XP's "DNS Client", then you will have to clear your "DNS Cache" to get the new IP address. To clear the "DNS Cache" you can re-boot or manually stop the "DNS Client" Service and re-start it.

lobster said:
ISP's should have the new patsfans.com IP address within a few hours. However if you access the message board and it's still the old (slow) board, then use the IP address that Ian provides. For example this IP address takes you to the old (slow) board:
http://216.69.140.4/new-england-patriots/messageboard/forumdisplay.php?f=1

If you are using "DNS Caching", such as Windows XP's "DNS Client", then you will have to clear your "DNS Cache" to get the new IP address. To clear the "DNS Cache" you can re-boot or manually stop the "DNS Client" Service and re-start it.

We're still going to be here for another day or so. I've uploaded the forum to the new server and have been testing it, and I'm also working with the server company to make absolutely sure it's optimized for the software and the amount of traffic we'll be sending it. It's real simple, I want everything to be perfect before we transfer everything over. It's been enough work up to this point, and I want to make sure this is the last time I need to do it.

Hang with me a little longer, but hopefully it will finally be done shortly.

Ian

It does seem to be back to normal the last couple of mornings.

However, in the afternoon and evenings it is very slow and sometimes I can't get on at all.

Fine for me this morning - no problems very speedy... lots and lots of work for Ian apparently.... would love to get our collective hands on the person who caused these problems in the first place with the server attack

everything seems OK now..., Hope it stays that way..and I hope there is some way the hacker(s) can be found..and justice given out to them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back