Welcome to PatsFans.com

Anne Coulter Pounds it on Coakley..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Dec 10, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Do not give a Ratz Azz about who wins in Mass, but always find it interesting how anyone can come forth and attempt to divert attention from the actual issues and use flawed info.. as is in the case of the famous, Fells Acre Day Care Case... there has been discussion about whether or not the Ameriaults were falsely tried, whether the evidence was tainted etc.

Today Coulter says you mass folks should not vote for Coakley because she opposed the parole of Gerald Ameriault... last week she was too lenient on the priests...

Think Coulter may be striking the wrong nerve here, as would probably think that most folks believe the allegations in the Fells Acre Day Care case... Coakley is vulnerable, but this is the wrong area to attack.. Poor Gerald Ameriault is probably not going to resonate real well...

Interestingly enough the victims never rallied to the support of the Ameriaults... HB will probably have some input, as he likes to rant and rave about this stuff..

Ann Coulter : Martha Coakley: Too Immoral for Teddy Kennedy's Seat - Townhall.com

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Coakley will win, then they will canonize her, then she will stick it to them and they will love her.......

The only thing that interested me about the Day Care Thing was how the same people who wanted the Amiraults sent to the Electric Chair looked the other way with that Fat Pig Cardinal Law and his "boy humping priests"
  3. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Guess the Mass. Parole Board is the only thing conservative in the Government...
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Coulter makes a very powerful case and you have done absolutely nothing to refute any of the points she made. And I hate to tell you this, but this is a legitimate issue much like Dukakis' furlough program was a legitimate campaign issue 20+ years ago.

I always believe there are 2 sides to every story so if someone wants to present the opposing point of view I would be very happy to read it. Right now all I have seen is people criticize Coulter but without actually pointing out where she went wrong or why Coakley was justified in her actions.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  5. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Sounds an awful lot more like Jane Swift's failure than Coakley's.
  6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Like I said, right now all I have seen is people criticize Coulter but without actually pointing out where she went wrong or why Coakley was justified in her actions.
  7. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Coulter is attacking Coakley while giving a free pass to the person who actually made the decision. Further, she never firmly establishes the extent to which Coakley is responsible for influencing the decision. It's dishonest at best (it's Coulter so that's no surprise).

Really all she did was to make Swift look bad. It's really a horrible argument. What ever happened to personal responsibility? Obviously Swift is the ultimately responsible party here, just by definition.
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well the person who actually made the decision neither holds nor is running for public office. If it makes you feel better, you can rest assured that Coulter is certainly no fan of Jane Swift.
    Don't be so naive. Governors will listen to advice and counsel in these types of situations, especially from prosecutors and district attornies. Coakley's actions are 100% fair game.

I am completely open minded about this issue and willing to listen to the other side of the argument. But it is pretty sad when the best the other side can give is "it's Jane Swift's fault!" Sounds to me like you have no defense for what Coakley did, so you're just desperately trying to pass the buck. How courageous.
  9. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Uh, isn't it actually you and Coulter passing the buck from the decider to the advisor? Ouch.
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Let me try to dumb this down for the right, as they are easily confused..

Last week there was a thread about how Coakley did not respond correctly to the Geoghan case.. and that her inaction caused more abuse..

This week Coulter makes the case that because Coakly oppose the "notoriously tough conservative parole board", she kept an innocent man behind bars.. the parole board felt that the case deserved clemency even though they should not make that decision..

Lets review the Fells Acre Case... their convictions were upheld upon appeal..

Gerald Amirault would end up being convicted of assaulting and raping nine children and was sentenced to 30 to 40 years in prison, while his mother and sister were convicted in a separate trial of similar crimes against four children and sentenced to jail for eight to 20 years. They were convicted by a jury of their peers..

The Massachusetts parole board recommended the commutation of Gerald Amirault's sentence in July 2001 (an action that the alleged victims strenuously objected to). The then–Acting Governor, Jane Swift, rejected the decision in February 2002. He was ultimately released from the Bay State Correctional Center on April 30, 2004.

Mass. Victims Fight Commutation Plea

Lets reframe the Coulter Article, she claims "tookie" was innocent, he was guilty and his appeals all failed.... I do not know much about Martha Coakley, but what I do know is a lot about child abuse as this was my profession for 30+ years, and I understand all the legal subtleties... Coakley had to represent the people of Mass, in this case the victims who strenuously objected to the Ameriaults being paroled... if she did not contest their parole she would be raked over the coals.. she acted in the best interest of the commonwealth in this case

Comprende...????
  11. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The parole board is not supposed to consider guilt or innocence, as far as the system's concerned that's settled long before the parole board gets a hold of the case. Parole is granted for factors outside of guilt or innocence, or at least its supposed to according to the law. The parole board's report made it clear that they failed to obey the law and deserved scrutiny.

Besides, its not up to a prosecutor to advocate for the defense, in fact the prosecutor's job is to advocate in exactly the opposite direction. Prosecutors are supposed to be biased, bias is the whole point for lawyers, anything other than bias in favor of the client (in Martha's case the citizenry of Massachusetts) gets them disbarred.

What it all comes down to is that Mann Coulter is vilifying Martha for doing her job properly and not getting herself tossed out of the MA bar. Not surprising at all. What's also not surprising is Wolfpack's happy willingness to give the Republican governor, that actually made the decision, a complete pass.
  12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Uh, no it isn't. Coulter asks some very legitimate questions about Coakley's role in that issue. And you don't seem to have any answers.
  13. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Whoosh, and then, move the goalposts. In any event Daryl nicely ended the thread.
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Coulter talks back to the Left Liberals, she doesn't take their sh!t, she isn't afraid of them, and many times she shows them up for what they are (phony's) I don't blame them for hating her..................:mad:
  15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bullcrap. Parole boards cannot commute sentences, but they can recommend it. They will also try and decide whether or not a prisoner poses a risk to society if he is released. They are certainly going to consider if the accused is actually innocent when determining if he poses a risk to society.
    Again, bullcrap. Prosecutors are not supposed to be biased. They are supposed to pursue convictions of guilty parties with neither passion nor prejudice. And they are not supposed to pursue (or uphold) convictions of individuals who appear to be not guilty.
    I am not giving anyone a pass. Jane Swift is a complete d-bag and this decision looks like further evidence of that. I would proudly have voted against her if given the chance (but she dropped out of the race rather than face the humiliation of losing her own party's primary).

But Jane Swift is not running for public office, Martha Coakley is.
  16. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Martha Coakley went out of her way to keep the alleged in jail. She dragged out the families of all the plaintiffs, put them in the public eye and really tried to keep that guy in jail.. I think since some of the children have come forward and recanted their testimony. The thing that looks worst for M. Coakley is the effort she spent to keep an innocent man in jail. You can't hold that against her, that's the way the game is played these days..... Clemency ends up being a losing proposition just ask Huckabee......
  17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually, he did nothing of the sort. All he did was post a link to an article which pretty much supports Coulter's point more than his own. You would think there might be just a teensy bit of physical evidence on children that were sexually penetrated with knives, wouldn't you?
  18. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The article only supports her claim in the form of a statement by Amirault's lawyer, and citing the well-known lack of physical evidence. Of course, one who agrees in any way with Coulter is going to be pre-disposed to, shall we say, enhancing the truth.

That depends on a lot of factors, obviously.

Edit: Here's the error in this reasoning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirming_the_consequent
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

In all my time working around courts never heard of an AG advocating for those found guilty.. the reality is she has to honor the jury of the verdicts of the court, she is the peoples attorney, the prosecutor... her responsibility is to the victims in this party, the laws of the commonwealth, she has no responsibility to Amerault..

I completely debunked the Coulter article.. a mature person would move on, but your idiiotic attacks just continue...

Coulter says he was an innocent man, he was found guilty by a jury of his peers, his appeals were denied..... you have to just accept it and move on.. even the right can make mistakes..

The victims spoke against his release, and confirmed that they were abused...

In the world of the right, anything Coulter says is correct... if that is so, you folks are more desperate, naive and stupid than initially believed..

I am completely appalled that anyone can defend Coulter's premise in this article... you obviously have never been around victims and perps...

You contended:

Here is what they do:

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eopsmod...=terminalcontent&f=pb_parole_board&csid=Eeops

20. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So if Mann's thoughts on the parole board using guilt vs innocence are inaccurate, how much more bs is there in her hatchet job of an article?