Welcome to PatsFans.com

Anne Coulter not going to jail.. FBI steps in..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 12, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -26

Found this story this AM about how an FBI agent, a profiler, stepped in and helped Anne get out of doing some time for her voting indisgretions.. interestingly this guy takes time out to do some old fashioned politicing for Anne.. one story has to do with this being an old boyfriend.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2007/05/11/m2a_jose_col_0511.html

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter has been cleared of allegations that she falsified her Palm Beach County voter's registration and voted illegally — this, after a high-level FBI agent made unsolicited phone calls to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office to vouch for Coulter.

The caller wasn't just any G-man. According to PBSO documents, he was Supervisory Special Agent Jim Fitzgerald, of the FBI Academy's Behavioral Analysis Unit in Quantico, Va. — the closest reality gets to the serial-killer catchers on CBS' Criminal Minds.

So why would an FBI profiler who went after the Unabomber take time from his busy day to even think about a municipal election snafu?

Fitzgerald is mum. But when the bureau heard about this from Page Two, it immediately launched an internal review of the agent's involvement.

"We're looking into it," bureau spokeswoman Ann Todd said.

She declined to say whether Fitzgerald acted on his personal behalf or as an FBI agent or on someone else's orders.

County Supervisor of Elections Arthur Anderson, meanwhile, decried what he called "FBI intrusion." He referred the Coulter case to PBSO after poll worker Jim Whited originally reported the incident.

"This doesn't bode well in terms of the public's impression that celebrities receive preferential treatment," Anderson said. "I'm curious about how anyone can justify the FBI's intrusion."
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

MAnne Coulter has a boyfriend?...:eek:
    I had no idea he was gay! Good to see the FBI being more tolerant of gays in the Bureau, as well.
    Last edited: May 12, 2007
  3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Too bad. I was really holding out hope that AC had gone a little wacky that day and that she had run around and voted seven or eight times. Not that even then would I want her in jail. It would have just been funny if that had been the case.

Even though I can clearly see her as the type who'd yell 'stalker!' every time someone criticized her bs, stalking is a serious issue and with 'her' being female:confused: we really need to cut 'her' some slack with regards to that sort of thing.
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

hysterical in its irony and in its transparency... lame felony, but still a curious set of circumstances clearing her...a stalker made her give a fake address?? :rolleyes:

As for Coulter's alleged stalker, check this out: Fitzgerald identified him as conservative Christian, rabid anti-Coulter blogger Dan Borchers of coulterwatch.com. Borchers said he remembers talking to two FBI agents about stalking accusations — in 1998.

"They stayed for five minutes," he said, "told me to be careful not to scare Ann Coulter. She hollers stalker at anybody who opposes her."

Fitzgerald told Villa that the supposed Borchers probe led to no arrest and he saw no reason why Coulter's address should remain secret.​
    Last edited: May 12, 2007