Welcome to PatsFans.com

Anita Perry: Husband Rick Perry "brutalized" by media, the GOP because of his faith

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Sorry sista, but your husbands problem is that he's really sucked at making a good impression. His faith hasn't had anything to do with it. Well, maybe his choice of pastor has.

Anita Perry: Husband Rick Perry "brutalized" by media, the GOP because of his faith

ByWayne Slater/Reporter

wslater@dallasnews.com | Bio

12:23 PM on Thu., Oct. 13, 2011 | Permalink

Anita Perry, campaigning for husband Rick Perry in South Carolina, suggests he's been "brutalized" by the media and the GOP because of his faith. Perry is the most religiously expressive candidate in the Republican field. He hosted a seven-hour Christian prayer rally in August in advance of entering the presidential race. And at last week's Values Voters Summit, he was introduced by a Dallas Baptist pastor who said rival Mitt Romney is not a Christian and Mormonism is a cult.

Perry has suffered several extremely bad weeks, stumbling in the debates and losing the coveted endorsement of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who's backing Romney. Here, in emotional remarks at a South Carolina campaign stop, Anita Perry said:

"It's been a rough month. We have been brutalized and beaten up and chewed up in the press to where I need this today. We are being brutalized by our opponents, and our own party. So much of that is, I think, they look at him because of his faith. He is the only true conservative - well, there are some true conservatives. And they're there for good reasons. And they may feel like God called them too. But I truly feel like we are here for that purpose."

Anita Perry: Husband Rick Perry "brutalized" by media, the GOP because of his faith | Trail Blazers Blog | dallasnews.com
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -9

Re: Anita Perry: Husband Rick Perry "brutalized" by media, the GOP because of his fai

I fully support any individual's choice to have faith (or not have it). But I am ALWAYS skeptical of anyone who believes "they are among the chosen few".

That's what came to mind when I read,

"But I truly feel like we are here for that purpose."

Hell, doesn't everyone?:rolleyes:
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +312 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Re: Anita Perry: Husband Rick Perry "brutalized" by media, the GOP because of his fai

I like this part:

And they may feel like God called them too. But I truly feel like we are here for that purpose."

It's like she's saying, "You only think God talked to you....but he really talked to us."

I gotta tell you....people who claim God told them to do anything make me extremely nervous. So far we have Bachman, Perry, Cain and Palin with direct lines.

Doesn't anyone else think it's kinda strange that God would personally tell 3 people to run for the same position? He's setting someone up to fail, that's for sure.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I have no issues with people of faith, or people discussing their faith. What I am wary of is people who bible bop. I think there's sometimes a fine line between the two, and how religious or faithful the listener is, will usually determine where that line is drawn. I agree though that people saying God has "chosen" them specifically, always makes me feel queesy.
  5. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 5 / -8

Wait, what she's saying is,

"Our faith calls us to judge others by their faith (Mormonism,) and it's not fair for the media to notice that..."

Now, the closest thing to an honest "play" here is to say, "We stand with George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and those who have stood with them to this day, and reject judgment by faith, including those made by this whack-job pastor. Now you know we do not share his views...We hope the media follow suit."

Blah blah blah Reverend Wright blah blah blah, okay, that's what you thought 3 years ago? Why don't you think it now?

PFnV
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +312 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

But wait!!! Now she's saying that her very family has also been brutalized by none other than the very human being himself - Barack Obama!!

Her son is unemployed and it's all Obama's fault!!

It is!! She was commiserating with an audience member who was telling her that he'd lost his $100,000 a year job and was now working for $10.00 an hour as a handyman.

She said she knew exactly how he felt because her son, too, had lost his job due to Obama.

The poor 28 year old kid was working in a bank and, supposedly because of SEC regulations, found he could not work both for his bank and campaign for his father - and so he elected to quit his job.

His wife is a lawyer, however, and employed. He, too, has started his own independent consulting firm.

Oh, and no one really seems to know why he had to quit his job - It remains unclear what SEC regulations Perry was referring to, but the commission adopted a new rule last year aimed at limiting political activity on the part of investment advisors.

Nevertheless, Mrs. Perry insists that, "My son lost his job because of this administration."

Anita Perry blames Obama for son’s job loss – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Anita Perry, Rick Perry's Wife, Blames Obama Administration For Son Losing Job
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

N..erhead also played a part..

Poor form in today's society.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  8. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 5 / -8

"Yea, even our own town crier hath fallen prey to the enchantment and witchery of the mainstream media; for of the three hundred and seventy-four so late saved in the last auto-de-fe, each of them hath confessed to consorting with the devil and all manner of vile corruption. Even so, the town criers do persecute me for my faith..."