Welcome to PatsFans.com

Animal Advocacy and Abortion

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by 3 to be 4, May 9, 2007.

1. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

http://articles.animalconcerns.org/ar-voices/archive/ar_abortion.html

This subject struck a nerve with me when I read an article about how Whole Foods wouldnt sell a certain kind of fish because of the cruel way they were being caught. Instinctivley, I asked myself, why is it that whenever you meet or hear of someone who is over the top concerned about animals, almost ALWAYS, they are Pro-choice? I did a search on Google and just put in "Whole Foods" and "Planned Parenthood" and sure enough, Whole Foods was one of their top 10 contributors.

Its as if , in the mindset that some people have, animals are more important than unborn babies. At the time I looked at it solely as a biblical thing, kind of a first step towards evil idolatry, devaluing human life to the point that a cat or a dog is more important than an unborn baby. The beginning, or continuation of, a culture where human life is valued less and less all the time. And while i do think there is some merit to looking at it purely as a Biblical battle, now im thinking its even more just a plain old moral issue here, not confined to any theology. Still, the pattern remains.

Have you come across any animal kooks, you know, the ones who dress their dogs up to look like their husband, or shout at people who wear fur, or vegetarians even, who at the same time are Pro-Life? I cant think of any I have come across. And say what you will about Christians, most of the ones I know dont worship animals as scripture makes it clear that man is above animals.

not introducing this is an introduction to a hostile battle of secular vs Christian, God vs athiest. I thought i would start a dialogue about the connection that any of you might see or have noticed.

the article is very balanced and brings in all the arguements. Obviously, I dont agree with some of the ideas of the animal rights/pro-choice backers. To me, their stance basically that you have "bring something to the table" as far as intelligence and spiritually in order to ( for a "fetus") to equal a pig or a chicken doesnt hold up because, for one, how intelligent and spiritual is a pig or chicken, and two, that means all retarded people and Alheizers patients etc etc can report to the gas chamber at 9AM tomorrow

not that i have an opinion:)

but if you disagree feel free. Ive never heard this discussed before and I welcome ALL viewpoints ( as long as you, you know, bring an arguement and not a personal, blanket insult against those you disagree)

* before its even said, yes i did think about putting this in the other forum, but seeing as Animal Advocacy and Abortion are valid political issues and lately, outside of the music videos, the Religion forum has been hijacked as an Ebay site, i figured it was appropriate for here. If some disagree, I respect that, and I apologize in advance, but for the reasons stated above, thats why it was put here.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  2. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

nothing ironic about the "fur is murder" crowd supporting abortion?

ok.