PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anger Management - how are you dealing with your emotions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I tossed my 7 yr old stained Pats sweatshirt into my donation/to-be-tossed pile of clothes. (it was light colored and had too many beer and coffee stains ok??:confused2:)

I also removed the two Pats cutouts from my windows and kept them away. In no mood to hear or see about them. :mad:

Sad to say but as of 5.45 PM EST, the logical part of my brain has checked out of this team for this season, whereas the emotional part, suprisingly, is trying its best to smile and ignore this pain. Usually it is the other way. :(

My only hope now is that this is similar to my golf game where I keep giving it up after every bad shot and am shamelessly back the next day. :D

Last edited:
I'm dealing with it fine

my dog???....not so much

I'm just thinking of how the homers will try to spin everything. That should be entertainment enough.

I'm not angry, I'm upset. I'm a logical fan. I think a team has to earn what they achieve. I think the best teams should win. Right now it's clear that we are not a great team. I'm fine with the realization that we probably aren't going deep in the playoffs this year. The Pats haven't EARNED it. Thus, I don't feel like they deserve it. If they turn things around, great. I'd love to see this team win another Superbowl. However, I won't stop being a fan of football just because my favorite team isn't doing well.

Last edited:
Ignoring all football related programming, and trying to see SOME silver lining that this team should still make the playoffs. It's not working all that well... I could live with New Orleans. That was a fired up team that is CLEARLY more talented taking the Patriots to the woodshed. Up 14-0, 21-19 with 1st in goal in the 4th quarter, and can't close the deal and, essentially, lock up the division... this one will bother me immensely...

I'm just thinking of how the homers will try to spin everything. That should be entertainment enough.

You are neither angry nor upset? Curious how you would categorize your current emotions. Please indulge me. (I am not baiting you...genuine curiosity.)

Joker - that was a really funny response. :) And hope you were joking. :D

Last edited:
You know- I scream and yell at the T. V. saying stupid things like "you bums deserve to lose" "it's all your fault Brady going for it all instead of little short passes" then boom I'm done and next week I'll be sitting in front of the t.v. again just like I have been for the past 36 years.:D

I stopped caring around this time....

I see 3rd and 8 coming up.

Brady lines up with Faulk the single set back, looks familiar doesn't it?

Brady puts his head down, are we REALLY running this play again?

Brady turns his body, you've got to be ******* kidding me right?

Brady hands off and Faulk is smothered at the LOS as if the fins weren't fooled at all (wonder why :eek:)

I just laughed at that point and it saved me alot of emotional distress.

I stopped caring around this time....

I see 3rd and 8 coming up.

Brady lines up with Faulk the single set back, looks familiar doesn't it?

Brady puts his head down, are we REALLY running this play again?

Brady turns his body, you've got to be ******* kidding me right?

Brady hands off and Faulk is smothered at the LOS as if the fins weren't fooled at all (wonder why :eek:)

I just laughed at that point and it saved me alot of emotional distress.

LMAO thats exactly what I did. If I can tell what an NFL TEAM is going to run on a play, it shows how bland the playcalling is.

you cant have any emotions when they were all thrown out the window mon night

my pats hat is done for the yr

I'm not angry, I'm upset. I'm a logical fan. I think a team has to earn what they achieve. I think the best teams should win. Right now it's clear that we are not a great team. I'm fine with the realization that we probably aren't going deep in the playoffs this year. The Pats haven't EARNED it. Thus, I don't feel like they deserve it. If they turn things around, great. I'd love to see this team win another Superbowl. However, I won't stop being a fan of football just because my favorite team isn't doing well.

Good post.

I'm not angry. I'm resigned. The Pats proved they are not an elite team. Now they've proved they are at best a borderline playoff team. The 2009 Pats ranks with 2002, 2005 and 2008 as the weakest teams of the BB era (not counting 2000, which was a rebuilding year).

We've shown several things so far this season:

1. We can't beat any good team. Couldn't beat the Jets or Broncos when they were hot, or the Saints or Colts.

2. We can't win on the road.

3. We can't fix our red zone problems.

4. We can't put teams away.

Most importantly, unlike most BB teams, we haven't been able to correct problems and get better. We don't seem to have learned from our mistakes.

We may make the playoffs. But I have little confidence that we belong there the way we are playing right now. We've gone into the most critical 5 game stretch of our season and gone 2-3, blowing 4th quarter leads twice and laying a duck egg on national TV in a showdown game. Our coaching staff makes the same mistakes over and over again, and we lack the horses in certain key areas, most notably the pass rush.

3 weeks ago I believed that if we faced Indy in the playoffs we would win. I believed that we were mad as hell after the Indy loss and would go on a rampage the rest of the season. That hasn't happened. My guess right now is that if we faced Indy in the playoffs (which may happen, as we will likely be a #4 seed if we make the playoffs and get by the #5 wild card team, probably Denver) they would shred us.

The 2008 team minus Tom Brady finished the season on a high note as one of the best teams in the NFL. Despite missing the playoffs, we were clearly a team no one wanted to face, and much better than the Dolphins. We had a balanced offense with a potent running game. This team isn't near the caliber of that one right now.

I sort of hope we miss the playoffs at this point. I don't think we really belong, the way we've played this season. Indy, Cincinnnati, San Diego and Denver are clearly better teams than we are. Denver had some problems but has regrouped, and appears to have actually fixed them. We haven't fixed anything.

You are neither angry nor upset? Curious how you would categorize your current emotions. Please indulge me. (I am not baiting you...genuine curiosity.)

Joker - that was a really funny response. :) And hope you were joking. :D

My concerns about this team have been around since the departures of Pioli and McDaniels, so there's nothing really shocking about what I've been seeing. After moments of "WTH?" while watching the games (that 4th down inside the 10 was just a terrible play call, for example), I find myself going numb pretty quickly.

Ignoring Sirius NFL Radio, ESPN, and all other football until next Sunday.

Ohh, and Xvideos and similiar sites are your best friend on days like these. :popcorn:

Mythbusters marathon.

It's a ******* game, people. It was created for our enjoyment. If you're going to *****, moan, and become more insufferable than Jets fans every time they lose, then find a new hobby.

I want to see them win, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't watch the games... but I'm also not going to cry myself to sleep when they lose. For ****'s sake.

Good post.

I'm not angry. I'm resigned.

Mayo, resignation is a way of accepting the fate. What were your feelings before today's game?

Chances are you were hoping we are going to bounce back from that stinging Monday night loss and expecting us to run the table.

If yes, the immature and helpless manner in which we lost again today has to lead to being upset/flustered/annoyed/angry etc.

Just disappointed thats all...I dont mind the pats being beat but they seem to lack a coherent idea of what they want to do on all phases of the game..coaching included. Thats how i would sum it up. Especially on offense.
Its not the same talent and its not the same coaches. The signings of galloway,burgess havent helped and BB is now trying to make it work with whatever patchwork team he has with no coaching leadership or player leadership to take charge.

The question is, how will you deal with your emotions on superbowl sunday:

"18-0 vs 18-0"

I stopped caring last week. Now i'm jsut watchign the games hoping we win but not counting on it. I dont have the time or patience to be stressed over how bad we are or get upset after the losses.

I stopped caring last week. Now i'm jsut watchign the games hoping we win but not counting on it. I dont have the time or patience to be stressed over how bad we are or get upset after the losses.
In other words after an incredible 8 year run we're reduced to being just like the fans of all the other teams (possibly excepting Indy and this year, the Saints).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes