Welcome to PatsFans.com

Angel Hernandez gets 4th DWI, crashes into Waltham Police Department

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Mar 11, 2008.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought having licenses was supposed to prevent this type of behavior :confused: :confused: :confused:

http://www3.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO75137/

WALTHAM, Mass. -- Police didn't have to go very far to find an accident in Waltham after a pickup truck smashed into the police department Monday.

The Ford Ranger crashed through the rear door of the building on Lexington Street, said police.

Officers found the driver, Angel Hernandez, 45, lying across the front seat unconscious. He was transported to Lahey Clinic in Burlington with non-life threatening injuries.

Hernandez is facing his fourth drunk driving offense and was driving without a license.

(NOTE: The article quoted above is slightly misleading... According to WBZ, Mr. Hernandez used to have a regular driver's license and currently has one where he is not allowed to drive after hours)
  2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Boston.com has the info I was mentioning above... I thought driver's licenses were supposed to prevent this sort of behavior... :confused: :confused:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2008/03/man_crashes_int.html

Hernandez has a hardship license which allowed him to drive between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., said Ann Dufresne, spokesperson for the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles. He was given a hardship license when he appealed several times to get his driving privileges reinstated after his license was suspended following his third drunken driving arrest in Littleton in 2003, Dufresne said. A fourth operating under the influence conviction could result in a 10-year license suspension, she said.
  3. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

There is nothing extraordinary about this news meriting a thread, except that the person has a Hispanic last name, and that your mentality reflects that of various Hate Groups in America.
  4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank you, Mr. anti-Semitic. Don't you have some Jewish groups you should be bashing right about now..?
  5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 5 / -9

#37 Jersey

And hating Jews is OK?
  6. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

This is a joke right? What do licenses have to do with this? Oh that's right, you saw a latino name and assumed he was "illegal." You are seriously making me laugh now Obi.
  7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Because there are a lot of morons that think giving licenses to illegals will solve these sorts of problems. And all I am doing is pointing out an example of a legal immigrant who had a license doing the same type of thing.
    No, that's what you do. Where did I say he was illegal..? He has a license so obviously he isn't illegal because (as of right now) illegals in Massachusetts can't have licenses.

The whole point I was making is that this guy had a license and still drove around drunk, so what did the license solve..? Nothing.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  8. Patriotic Fervor

Patriotic Fervor Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Actually, I was drawn to this thread because someone drunk smashed into the local police station, which is a phenomenon you don't see every day!

Most newsworthy, and yes, it deserves a thread of it's own because of that!
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

Welcome to the Political forum bud! ;)
  10. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Can a conservative here please say something about this? I honestly don't understand this person. He's saying that this story about a LATINO is relevant because it shows giving licenses to "illegals" doesn't work. Then he says he never assumed this guy was an "illegal." I'm sorry but I cannot reconcile those two statements as they simply don't make sense. And now your trying to say that it was just about a license not stopping drunk driving and yet you specifically chose a Latino to illustrate it. The point about giving "illegals" licenses isn't about stopping drunk drivers it's about making sure that if an undocumented immigrant gets involved in an accident, they will be there when the cops show up.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  11. Patriotic Fervor

Patriotic Fervor Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Thank you! Glad to be here....
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Drunk Driving should be illegal.

Obviously a 5th strike is required in Waltham......I'm not sure who should be locked up here, the drunk driver, or the judge who let this alcoholic operate an automobile for the 4th time.
  13. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Yes, I agree what this guy did was bad. They should certainly make a law banning drunk driving. End of thread.
  14. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Are you really this obtuse or are you just being deliberately belligerent...? I don't mind explaining these things to you slowly and I will even use small words so that you understand, but (of course) you'll just respond with accusations of racism...

1) There are people (mostly on the left) that think that if we give licenses to illegals, that will stop this sort of behavior.

2) This news report is an example of the fallacy of this line of thought. This event literally occured last night as I was trying to explain to you the fallacy of giving licenses to illegals.

3) I never once thought he was illegal because when I first heard the story on the news, they said he had a license and it was revoked so that he could only drive between 6 AM and 6 PM. That fact alone made it pretty clear he was not an illegal.
  15. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

That point is incorrect and stupid. As is everything else that dribbles out of your mouth.
  16. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good Lord... here comes Mr. "I have to have the last word no matter what even when I add absolutely nothing to the conversation".... :rolleyes: so go to it.... :rofl:
  17. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

what did you say? take him out of here!!! Give him two months solitary. Did I make myself clear, or was I being ...Obtuse?

* quick ,what movie???? :)
  18. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Shawshank. That warden actually reminds me of Obi.
  19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

One of the greatest movies ever made. I've seen it at least a dozen plus times.