PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andy Reid's son Garrett found dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a sad day for sure. May God bless the young man and the Reid family.

. Anyone have any ideas what we can do to stop the nonsense?

Unfortunately not every death of a child is what we're presuming might have been the cause of this.. For some, it's suicide, cancer, accident or some undetected congenital abnormality....Hopefully they can find a support network like "the Compassionate Friends" or others who have been down the same road as them...

Time doesn't heal a broken heart, it just teaches you how to live with it.....

How awful. The NY Times published a very nice piece this morning on how things had settled down in Philadelphia and for Andy Reid.

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Make sure the ones you care about know that you love them. Life is fragile.

Too bad.. RIP Garrett Reid, condolences to the coach.

First off, no parent should have to bury their children.

Now starts the inconsiderate jerk.

I can hear Philly sports radio blaming any random loss on Reid's mental state because of this.

First off, no parent should have to bury their children.

Now starts the inconsiderate jerk.

I can hear Philly sports radio blaming any random loss on Reid's mental state because of this.

Even worse, an individual predicting inconsideration on a condolence thread.

Such terrible news. RIP. I always liked Reid. I hope that he and his family come out of this OK. They're going through hell right now.

I'm sorry, I did not backread the thread. I am assuming it was the son who had the drug problem then? Is that the general consensus as to what the cause of death may be?

What a horrible shame. I have nothing but respect for someone like Reid as a coach, and even moreso as a human being. There are some idiots in the league but Reid was never one of them.

The main problem with many of these drugs today, is once you have a taste you have a very hard time getting out, particularly with many of the added stressors and intensified problems of our current society. They are significantly stronger than in the past, particularly heroin and many opiates/pain pills. There is not much reason to need pain pills that are literally 50x stronger than in the past, and that was my main drug of choice. I was lucky enough to get out relatively early in my mid-20's, and have been clean for 10+ years. My younger brother was not so lucky though, and suffered the same fate as this young man earlier this summer.

I certainly agree that some type of focus on possible change needs to be done on both the rehabilitative and punishment level in our criminal justice system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes