Welcome to PatsFans.com

Andrea Mitchell blasts Obama's "fake interviews" during Iraq/Afghanistan trip.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInMaine, Jul 21, 2008.

1. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  2. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,939 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

I just saw the linked video - - "blasted"????? She seemed more bored and resigned than anything.

"Waaaa, they're stage managing the photo ops.......waaaa, they're handpicking the audience......waaaaa, they're not taking questions from the press.....waaaaa.

- - - sounds very much like a George W. Bush event to me (although Obama's is successful).

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Where are all the white people at? :confused:

So he avoided the press (it's not like they were going to ask any hard questions anyway), and hand picked the crowds and tape (nothing pols don't do everyday). So what's the big deal? The guy is as empty a suit as has run in my lifetime. Maybe, just maybe, he managed to ruffle the feathers of a few of the premadonna's in the media a little bit. How dare he not invite them eh? This is the smoke and mirrors campaign, with the smoke and mirrors candidate. To think that the alternative is a guy that's probably wearing Depends. Good grief.

:rip:

4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +564 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

How can you be any more empty than running on daddy's name and then showing consistent incompetence for 8 straight years. I think we can all agree that George W is the least intellegent president we've seen in our lifetime.

Emptiness can only be proven or disproven upon getting the job. A candidate can flip-flop his ash all the way to the white house. If he does a good job, he's not an empty suit.

We need to admit that picking the right staff and advisors goes a long way...along with an ability to speak to the people without goofing up every other word while making funny faces.

5. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

More of the same from politicians here. The media is complicit, the candidates are a sham, and the public is duped by it. Welcome to 1984, where Presidential candidates are so arrogant and manufactured, they don't even have to answer questions anymore; they just put on a show. What a joke.

Or wait, am I supposed to defend Obama by pointing out Bush is the same because I've been designated as on the "left" and therefore a Democratic Party apologist? Um, no thanks.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Andrea Mitchell is long considered a fairly right-sympathetic "journalist"... She pretty much admitted it on Bill Maher's show...

7. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I watched Hardball yesterday, how did you come up with 'Blasted'? Should have said, Obama, not even close to 'nothing but net'.

8. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yep. nothing but Net:rolleyes:

What's up with Mathew's bringing the issue of race into this? Andréa’s comments must have temporarily stopped the quiver he feels in his leg for Obama and he reached for whatever he could come up with.

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

#1, is George Bush running for president? I didn't think so. It's Yo-Bama, and McLame.

#2, GW might be gross, but he at least ran something. He had a far more indepth resume than Men's Warehouse.

#3, Emptiness is a lack of substance. What substantive thing has Obama done in his short career? Nothing.

#4, this isn't a beauty pageant, or the NFL combine. Hiring trainers, or choreographers (sp?) is nice when you're looking to answer questions about world peace, look good in a bikini, or run the 40 in less than 5 seconds. When the prize is the most important, and powerful position in the universe (the POTUS), the staff shouldn't get you elected. Your qualifications should.

I don't mean to pick on Obama, as I don't think McLame is a good presidential candidate either.

10. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +568 / 50 / -7

#75 Jersey

HERE WE GO AGAIN>>>>>>>

Anyone here, sell your business for 200 MILLION more than you bought it for??

Anyone here, graduate from both Harvard and Yale???

Anyone here, get the most votes ever, in a Presidential election?

Anyone here know how to fly a fighter plane???

You are like the kid at Starbucks who I skinned alive when he said that Bush was "Stupid" and I pointed out to him, that I'm pretty sure that criticism from a guy who can only muster the mental ability to garner a job selling $5 cups of coffee, doesn't really bother him.

11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

And look at you, running to Boy King's rescue.... Newsflash, he doesn't care that you're gushing over him on some football message board either. But thanks for pointing out that you're a loyal Starbucks patron, and pat yourself on the pack by taking on kids. How fitting. Felt like a real champ that day, didn't you?

No one here ducked military service or had their daddy zoom them to the top of the air national guard list during a draft either. What, exactly, is your point? Each of your bits of "evidence" of the C-student-in-Chief's "brilliance" are laughable. I'm going to enjoy this...

What company would that be? One of the energy companies he drove into the ground? Or the Rangers and their ballpark that relied on tax payer subsidies to get started? Here's the truth about Boy King's business ventures:

The most votes argument is a tired one for you guys, but you keep trotting it out as if it holds any weight. Kerry also got the most votes as a losing candidate. All your "statistic" shows is that more people vote during every election. You know, come to think of it, I believe population is also growing! Who knew!? ... Regardless, what does that have to do with the idiot's IQ?

The Yale/Harvard priviledge is just that... A spoiled son who had opportunity and influence behind him, nothing more. You wanna talk about his performance at those schools?

Being born with a silver spoon in your mouth and having the opportunity most others don't says nothing about one's competence. But then, I can see how a dyed-in-the-wool Con man might believe otherwise.

12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

Gee PC you volunteered for the military , never knew...

BTW being a fighter pilot wasn't a way to avoid combat during ANm I know since I was n the USAF at that time.