PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andre vs Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The camera did seem to dwell on him doing slow jogs, but I'd still guess they started only after everybody on the field correctly diagnosed run.

A WR should never quit trying to get open on a PASS play. But once the ball is out of the QB's hands -- and has been out long enough so as not to mess up future play-action -- I don't see the problem.

Yes, Andre Johnson is terrible. I hope the Texans release him and the Pats pick him up as a salvage project.:)

One of the best in the NFL, and a good soldier with the Texans. He is no prima donna.

That takes nothing away from Lloyd's game. He played well.

I doubt the LBs will look at Johnson to figure out if it's a run play. The only person who would notice would be the DB he is taking 20 yards down field. If the DB is smart he won't leave Johnson since you never know if it's going to be playaction. The only thing Johnson probably could do better is put himself in position to block in case the run breaks to his side. I thought Johnson had a good game

Note: I pointedly asked "WAS IT JUST ME?". Thanks, I'll count you as saying yes. ;)

And for the record, the plays I saw that particularly drew my attention; he DIDN' T DRAG DOWN the field anybody if he starts jogging at 3 yards after the line of scrimmage.

By going off the line, he forced his man to follow him. He dragged the player along. When you're looking at inside runs, or runs to the opposite side of the field, that's all you need from your outside WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back