PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andre Roberts - The Citadel

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Riddler

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
This guy could be our late 2nd round steal, allowing us to focus on RB and the pass rush with the 1st 3 picks. This guy sounds like a perfect fit for our offense.

"Draft Day Shocker Part 2...Last year I posted that an offensive tackle out of Houston by the name of Sebastian Volmer was flying under the radar, and would be picked much higher than what most draftniks expected. The New England Patriots selected Volmer in the second round of the 2009 Draft with the 58th overall pick, and Volmer turned out to be a pleasant surprise. For the 2010 Draft, one of the prospects that is flying under the radar is Citadel WR Andre Roberts. Roberts is a play-maker who has some of the best hands in the draft, to go along with his ability to seperate from a defender and get in and out of his breaks quickly. At the combine, Roberts posted better times in the forty yard dash, short-shuttle and three-cone drill, than all of the top-rated receiver prospects in the draft. Roberts also appeals to NFL teams because of his return ability and because he's clean off the field. Roberts will come off the board on Friday night, much earlier than what the Gallery Gods expect." -Al Fronczak

Last edited:
But if we take him the in teh 2nd round, it's not really a steal.

Citadel? how do they judge game tape on him? 2nd round is a huge gamble for a small school guy unless he's walter payton or jerry rice or something.:bricks:

Gimme the pom poms. Roberts fan right here. What limited stuff I could find on him has me really impressed. He's extremely fluid, great footspeed, powerful burster who accelerates through cuts. He gets open either through quickness or scrappier methods. He runs crisp, tight, smart routes. Strong hands. Looks like a tough guy. Couldn't see the safety on his side of the field a lot- bracketed but produced. Well developed hand techniques to fight off the line. I like him. Poor man's Deion Branch.

If he's a good player, he's worth a second round pick.

This guy could be our late 2nd round steal, allowing us to focus on RB and the pass rush with the 1st 3 picks. This guy sounds like a perfect fit for our offense.

I was reading some stuff about Roberts a few weeks ago and he seemed like someone we would be interested in. Solid player and citizen. Belichick loves those guys from the military acadamies. About 6' 200 lbs. Decent size, excellent speed, smart, good route runner. When Belichick likes guys he goes and gets them and he doesn't care if draftniks don't have them rated as high. It would not surprise me, I think this kid could flourish in our system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back