PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andre Johnson: "We Suck, We're The Worst Team In The NFL"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I get and enjoy the joke here, the Jets have actually earned just a thimble-sized amount of respect from me this season. They could have easily mailed it in this season, but they haven't. They've looked pathetic in some games because they are a bad team. However, they've shown grit in other games and won a few they were "supposed" to lose.

With all that said, carry on piling on the humiliation for the Jets. They suck.

They beat the Patriots and Bucs on penalties that shouldn't have been called. They should be a 3 win team.

Re: Texans WR Andre Johnson : "We Suck, We're The Worst Team In The NFL"

I think a lot of teams may downgrade him for the exact reasons you are offering as excuses.

I don't follow college ball and can't even tell you what the kid looks like and I got the same feeling as I read that post.

Though I get and enjoy the joke here, the Jets have actually earned just a thimble-sized amount of respect from me this season. They could have easily mailed it in this season, but they haven't. They've looked pathetic in some games because they are a bad team. However, they've shown grit in other games and won a few they were "supposed" to lose.

With all that said, carry on piling on the humiliation for the Jets. They suck.
Not sure I'd give them that much credit. The win over the Saints is a good one, but bad teams get upsets.
Take away bad calls against us and Tampa and they are 3-8 and probably deciding whether to blow the season for a draft pick.

As far as not folding the tents, they have lost 2 in a row to teams with losing records by a combined score of 56-17.

9-3 next Sunday.

Come now, Andre. As long as the Jets are out there, you won't be the worst team in the NFL.

By saying this..Johnson has told all of us he has given up. You don't come out and say we suck..worst team ect. What example does that set to the young guys? This team is worse then the jets

I actually feel sorry for Andre Johnson. He's one of my favorite non-Pats players. Here's a guy with HOF numbers who has played most of his illustrious career on bad teams with worse QB's. Like JJ Watt, he's a try hard guy who is nothing less than professional in his approach to the game and his effort on the field. He would have made a fantastic Patriot and with Brady could have had Rice like numbers.

By saying this..Johnson has told all of us he has given up. You don't come out and say we suck..worst team ect. What example does that set to the young guys? This team is worse then the jets

There's nothing inaccurate with what Johnson said. The Texans do suck and they are among the worst teams in the league.

They beat the Patriots and Bucs on penalties that shouldn't have been called. They should be a 3 win team.

That's kind of like saying the Pats only won on Sunday night because of the ball hitting the DEN player. Games are seldom won or lost on one play. Yes, certain plays can swing momentum and be talked about as pivotal moments, but we know there's always more to the story than that. The fact that the Jets even took the Pats to overtime was a bit ridiculous to me. Remember, the Pats had a big enough lead in that game to have won it pretty comfortably. The Jets battled back. They again allowed a mobile QB to gash them for big gains on 3rd and longs. Being that the Pats are a far superior team, one could argue that it should not have even come down to a 50+ yard FG attempt in OT to win the game for the Jets.

I understand you all not wanting to give the Jets any credit. However and with all jokes of them aside, they earned that win. The call was BS, but it shouldn't have come down to that. That's a reasonable thing to expect when the Pats are so much better than the Jets. I know I'm not the only one who is at least a little surprised that they are in serious contention for a Wild Card spot. We all had them written off and Rex Ryan fired. That could still happen, but I've heard people saying that he has earned another season according to whispers. I guess I have only to speak for myself, but that's shocking.

That's kind of like saying the Pats only won on Sunday night because of the ball hitting the DEN player.

No, it's not. It's exactly like pointing out that two bad calls led to Jets wins, or that the bad non-call on the Gronk PI resulted in the Patriots loss to Carolina.

And games are, quite often, won or lost on one play.

Ok Andre, we'll let you play for the Patriots just stop begging.

Andre is one of my all time favorite receivers. Just a freakish talent who was the best or second best wr in the league for years, despite having clowns throw at him. He would have had TO numbers with a real qb.

The biggest problem with the texans, is that they are really poorly coached. They have a ton of talent, even now, but are trivial to game plan against.

No, it's not. It's exactly like pointing out that two bad calls led to Jets wins, or that the bad non-call on the Gronk PI resulted in the Patriots loss to Carolina.

And games are, quite often, won or lost on one play.

As much as some what to discard it, there is usually 1 defining play in a game that can affect it. 1 play in each SB lost us 2 SB's IMO. It was 1 defining play.

Re: Texans WR Andre Johnson : "We Suck, We're The Worst Team In The NFL"

This is the Texans Super Bowl and a shot at revenge while gaining self respect. They have nothing to lose at this point.

I would not be counting the chickens just yet.

Sounds like the team has given up. I don't see them like the bucs. Bad team playing their hearts out. If we jump out to a lead early texans will fold.

Ten losses in a row pretty much proves that Andre is an excellent judge of professional football teams.

Andre had a big game, but falling short by a field goal is becoming a habit for the Texans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes