Andre Johnson: "We Suck, We're The Worst Team In The NFL"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Andre Johnson: Houston Texans are 'worst team' in NFL - NFL.com

A little bit bold statement by the star WR,I can see him being frustrated by a 2-9 record but saying stuff like this doesn't make it any better,besides anyone who saw them play the Jags sunday clearly saw Andre playing without any emotion or reason to try and win that game...he has clearly given up on trying to be his normal dominating self.

With that being said,Anytime you have a guy like JJ Watt in your front 7 and if Andre finds a way to make plays instead of sulking this upcoming sunday,you have to be wary of them.

......this Texans team is playing with nothing to lose and could be a team you don't want to overlook at home,I am sure Belichick is prepping the team to get over the big win and not slack off against one of NFL's bottom teams.

re: Texans WR Andre Johnson : "We Suck, We're The Worst Team In The NFL"

they really are the worst team in the NFL and have given up IMO. Pats should win by 14 plus

they really are the worst team in the NFL and have given up IMO. Pats should win by 14 plus

Johnny Manziel was seen sunday in Reliant Stadium already signing autographs in the stands for the fans and looking forward to being the franchises new QB in 2014 ;)

I hope they prove it again this weekend....

Awwwhh. That's just so sad. Sounds like the Texans have lost their swagger. I think they just need to get up, dust off those swell letterman jackets, and listen to Stuart Smiley:

Stuart Smiley

I hope the Patriots aren't listening. They need to take care of business early for a change.

PAts beatup the texans last yr and then went to face the jags on the road and were sleepwalking the whole game and the jags of all team got on top of us...Every game is different and no game is gimme. If jags can go and win in houston, houston can beat us also.Plus pats are every team's superbowl game.

PAts beatup the texans last yr and then went to face the jags on the road and were sleepwalking the whole game and the jags of all team got on top of us...Every game is different and no game is gimme. If jags can go and win in houston, houston can beat us also.Plus pats are every team's superbowl game.

OTOH, it is "Homecoming" weekend, because that worked out for them so well last time. . . .

I welcome the opportunity for the Patriots to prove Johnson's comments true this weekend.

Johnny Manziel was seen sunday in Reliant Stadium already signing autographs in the stands for the fans and looking forward to being the franchises new QB in 2014 ;)

I'd be more worried by JJ Watt and Jadeveon Clowney rushing the QB. yikes!

With that being said,Anytime you have a guy like JJ Watt in your front 7 and if Andre finds a way to make plays instead of sulking this upcoming sunday,you have to be wary of them.

......this Texans team is playing with nothing to lose and could be a team you don't want to overlook at home,I am sure Belichick is prepping the team to get over the big win and not slack off against one of NFL's bottom teams.

I agree with you. The Texans still have a pretty tough defense last time I checked, although that was a few weeks ago so they may have dipped a bit.

We shouldn't be feeling overly-confident about anyone in my opinion. Why would the M.O. of Belichick and his coaching style change all of a sudden? We've had much better teams than this one and no one ever takes any team lightly, not to mention the fact that we've lost to way worse teams than the Houston Texans over the years.

Andre Johnson was probably just frustrated and speaking his mind, especially coming off a loss to the Jax Jags. I highly doubt that he won't be out there giving his all and posing a tough matchup on Sunday, and the same goes for JJ Watt too. Luckily for us, Case Keenum is starting again, and he is obviously limited in talent. Hopefully we can get ahead and win by 13-14+, but I also wouldn't be shocked in the least to see a closer game.

In the NFL you can throw all team records out about 90% of the time, with the exception of those teams who just have flat out sucked for years and years. If it were that easy to predict we'd all be wealthy from sportsbetting every weekend. That all said, I see no reason why we can't win at least 4/5 games to end the season at 12-4 in a worst case scenario, so I'm definitely expecting to win.

JJ Watt would run by Manziel in practice due to no hitting the QB rule and Manziel would go down with an injury...;)

I hope the Patriots aren't listening. They need to take care of business early for a change.

I'd think they'd be pretty motivated, using the whole homecoming thing to to play the disrespect card. I expect a spin along these lines:

Houston Texans peg Patriots for 'Homecoming' game - NFL.com

College teams traditionally schedule cream puffs on Homecoming weekend to all but guarantee a win. (We're not sure exactly what homecoming games mean at the NFL level, but that's for another post.)

Bill Belichick's Patriots have found motivation from far flimsier source material before, so we fully expect to hear about this again come late November.

The skid the Texans find themselves on began with that playoff beatdown last season. This team still has talent and is underperforming by a huge margin, and desperate teams can be dangerous.

The QB situation there seems to weigh against an offensive revival, so I would prefer to see a despondent team take another beatdown instead of finding itself this week.

Take the #1 draft pick, baby. Just a few more losses and you win by losing.:)

Someone needs to show Andre a Redskins game.

This is the Texans Super Bowl and a shot at revenge while gaining self respect. They have nothing to lose at this point.

I would not be counting the chickens just yet.

I have read several articles about a tactic Belichick uses when in these situations against teams with poor records....this is true from what I know.

During game meetings prior to playing a sub .500 team later in the season,Bill sits the team down to watch film of the MNF massacre at Miami in 2004 when a Patriots team rolling with wins to end the regular season with 14 wins,got caught napping against a 2-14 Dolphins team and lost.

If anyone ever asked Bill what his most embarrassing loss he ever had,it may not just be the 2007 SB ...it may be that game.

That game was relatively painful to be at. I was getting so much trash talked to me and I had to keep telling people that I root for the Jags if they're not playing the Pats. This game may be more of the same. Most teams would be emotionally drained after the kind of win the Pats just had Sunday night. The only thing we can hope is that they learned from that two game stretch last season because Watt is definitely capable of abusing our OL and making Brady's life miserable.

Am I the only one who saw this and wondered,
"Why is super Pats fan Andy Johnson bashing his team after a big win?"

I'd be more worried by JJ Watt and Jadeveon Clowney rushing the QB. yikes!

Clowney should change his name to Clown, he will definitely drop out of the top 10. He's been dogging it all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes