PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andre Davis signs w/Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMoulds80Fan

Rookie
Reaction score
Per my V-coach from the Bills. This guy is from around my home area(Niskayuna NY he played HS ball). Can you guys provide me w/ some insite on him? Im not sure of the parameters of the deal yet but I'll return when I get them. I also don't see EM staying but that will be determined by Tuesday according to the reports out of Buffalo.

Im not in Buffalo Im on the Eastern NY / VT border.

EMoulds80Fan said:
.... Can you guys provide me w/ some insite on him? ....
Im not in Buffalo Im on the Eastern NY / VT border.

Cambridge (NY) or Greenwich, perhaps? LOVELY countryside!

Oh, Andre.
Very fast, as reported.
Used sparingly here. All i really remember is some fly patterns ... not many of which connected.
I think you'll find him acceptable. Many of us had hoped he would stay here.

flutie2phelan said:
Cambridge (NY) or Greenwich, perhaps? LOVELY countryside!

Oh, Andre.
Very fast, as reported.
Used sparingly here. All i really remember is some fly patterns ... not many of which connected.
I think you'll find him acceptable. Many of us had hoped he would stay here.

Thank you. Cambridge and Greenwich are about 20 minutes from me. As is Manchester VT...Im a Bills fan in Pats territory.....believe me I hear about it... :D

But I do respect your club and respect this site.

And remember, if Davis ever gets facemasked like this, and Jeff Tripplette is the referee, it isn't a penalty:

ImgDyn.cfm

EMoulds80Fan said:
Per my V-coach from the Bills. This guy is from around my home area(Niskayuna NY he played HS ball). Can you guys provide me w/ some insite on him?
Like f2p said... good speed guy. More fast than quick, good straight-line speed. We really didn't get to see too much of him, and I think many of us were hoping that he'd have a chance to develop some rythm with Brady this offseason. Many times he just didn't look to be on the same page as Brady, and that kind of thing sometimes just takes time.

Also really started to shine towards the end of the year on kick coverage.

If we don't sign Givens... all we have is Branch. Guess we better draft Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson.

Davis is a good WR, kept "just" missing on fly patterns last year with Brady. I do recall a number of times Brady showing disgust for the two not connecting - he was wide open, yet they did not execute. Says to me , one of the players was not where he was supposed to be more often than not.

I do not recall seeing him go short or over the middle too many times.

Both of those boys can flat out play. I think Holmes has better speed but Jackson has better size and hands...IMHO.

drew4008 said:
If we don't sign Givens... all we have is Branch. Guess we better draft Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson.
Davis wasn't an option for the #2 WR anyway, IMO.

Kind of a useless signing if the Bills don't have a QB good enough to get it to them.

drew4008 said:
Actually that is NOT true...Branch may be the only QUALITY receiver..but there are others signed..Remember Bethel Johnson?? Granted..he may be gone after TC..but he is still signed. There's NFLE's Musinski and ZSmith as well as off injured vet Stone and Ired rook Mcgrew.

I cannot disagree w/ you at all. Big progression year for Losman. This kid (JP is the epitome of arrogance). Look out if he ever succeeds....no doorway will be big enough for this egomaniacs melon.

Was P.K. Sam cut last TC?
For some reason, I thought he was on IR again.

Pats726 said:
Actually that is NOT true...Branch may be the only QUALITY receiver..but there are others signed..Remember Bethel Johnson?? Granted..he may be gone after TC..but he is still signed. There's NFLE's Musinski and ZSmith as well as off injured vet Stone and Ired rook Mcgrew.
Please don't tell me you want us to field any of those receivers. I meant capable guys who can play.

borisman said:
Was P.K. Sam cut last TC?
For some reason, I thought he was on IR again.
Bengals I think?

drew4008 said:
Please don't tell me you want us to field any of those receivers. I meant capable guys who can play.
Did you read what I said?? Did you understand what you said?? "all we have is Branch"....I was just pointing out that there are others who are under contract to the team and will have a shot at the team. Did I also not say that "Branch maybe the only QUALITY receiver"? I thought I did...I agree they need to resign a few receivers and certainly bring in a 1-2 wideout..that is absoluete and pretty obvious. With Davis now signed by the Bills? It does mean that BethelJ and ZSmith and Bam, might be vying for a KR role as well as speedy receiver.
I really hoped the earlier report that Givens had re-signed was true; that would have made a big time difference. Troy, Dwight?? They could be in the mix as well, but a more impact player is needed.
And I am sure the Patriots FO know this as well....even with Givens and Branch, on Day one last year, they made a play for Derrick Mason. I think they know they have to do something.

NEM said:
I had very high hopes for Davis in the upcoming season. He was just beginning to show what he can do, and his size, his height, was a key factor. I dont like the idea of him going to the Bills. He can be a game breaker.

NEM, you make me sick. Doesn't matter if that billboard says "impeach Bush' or "Bush- greatest president ever', this is the FOOTBALL forum.

You are not a football fan or a Patriots fan. You have no respect for football or the Patriots or fans who just want this forum to be about football. If you were a football and Patriots fan, you wouldn't be repeatedly posting political crap on the Football Forum.

Having a Political Forum is just not good enough for you.

You are only a fan of NEM. It's all about NEM in your view. You are just a selfish and hateful old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots