PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andre Davis @ Dime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Box_O_Rocks said:
Not at this level.

Edit: Givens took some reps at D-back a couple years ago, but wasn't used in a game to my knowledge. Davis isn't as quick as D-Giv, he doesn't run his routes as tightly, relying more on speed, so I think he's going to be better on STs for us and Childress is the better choice to emulate Troy Brown.

You beat me to it Box, but doesn't look like Bam Childress just the kind of guy to be Troy Brown once Troy can't be him any more?

RayClay said:
I think Givens has college experience, (Could be wrong). Childress was fulltime DB in high school and Troy has experience.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Too late and lazy to research.
All I remember about D-Giv and college is he played WR for a Notre Dame team that didn't like to pass. D-Giv was some kind of receiving demon coming out of Texas, then Notre Dame hid his light under a basket until Pioli found him. I'd bet he played some DB in High School,but I don't know.

Agreed, Childress also played DB at Ohio State, so he like Troy had some college experience. Bam moves more like Troy, if he can do it consistently and be as clutch as Troy we've got another steal. For those noting the 'knock' on him at Ohio State, just remember who his mentors are here, both coaching and playing....

Speaking of Troy, TD number 1, he came through again, while we waited for the rest of the team to settle down.

Speaking of Davis, we only have him signed through 2005. I wonder if we're going to re-sign the guy. I personally hope we do. I feel like he's just starting to come around and may be able to contribute as a 3rd/4th WR as well as kick returner. Anybody know if there are any option years on his contract. On another note, we do have BJ signed through till 2007. Anybody else think we're just going to cut BJ?

I didn't realize how big he was. I knew he was tall, but for some reason he really looked imposing last night. That size with his speed could make valuable if he ever "gets" it.

I think that bb wants to re-sign Davis. However, he is a free agent. We will have to play the free agent dance with him and Givens and Dwight and even have to deal with Branch if we don't want him to go to free agency after 2006. The team seems to beleive that wide receivers are realtively easy to secure and aren't worth the big money. While I agree, I also think that wide receiver is by far the biggest challenge for 2006 and 2007. We have next nothing signed for the future.

We could cut BJ if need the roster spot, but certainly not before August. Alternatively, we also could keep him again as the #6 receiver and backup kick returner. He is inexpensive and even now has potential. It is a matter of attitude. If he is willing to work as hard as Davis, then bb will find a spot at the bottom of the roster.

OntarioPatsFan said:
Speaking of Davis, we only have him signed through 2005. I wonder if we're going to re-sign the guy. I personally hope we do. I feel like he's just starting to come around and may be able to contribute as a 3rd/4th WR as well as kick returner. Anybody know if there are any option years on his contract. On another note, we do have BJ signed through till 2007. Anybody else think we're just going to cut BJ?

mgteich said:
I think that bb wants to re-sign Davis. However, he is a free agent. We will have to play the free agent dance with him and Givens and Dwight

I don't think we have to worry about Dwight... I think he's very happy being a Patriot, remember he loves the cafateria food so much he'd rather eat at work than go home. :D

:) I will definitely feel better about the position when we have Dwight and Davis re-signed. If need be, I think both can be counted on for many receptions, and for special ST play.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
I don't think we have to worry about Dwight... I think he's very happy being a Patriot, remember he loves the cafateria food so much he'd rather eat at work than go home. :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Ummm.. did you see this madman on Special Teams? The dude can tackle, why the heck isn't he out there playin' dime back? Not that Troy isn't getting it done, I'm just worried about how much gas he's got left in the tank.

:D

How much gas does Troy have left in the tank? Enough to get it done. Sit back and appreciate what Troy brings to the table.....leave your gas shortage worries to Belichick.

He had me at "fumble recovery"

That was a heads up veteran play to save the score

Nice to have a vet like that this time of year

Andre was a disappointment out of camp - but he's working hard to atone for it and is peaking at just the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes