PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andre Davis @ Dime

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
Ummm.. did you see this madman on Special Teams? The dude can tackle, why the heck isn't he out there playin' dime back? Not that Troy isn't getting it done, I'm just worried about how much gas he's got left in the tank.

:D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Ummm.. did you see this madman on Special Teams? The dude can tackle, why the heck isn't he out there playin' dime back? Not that Troy isn't getting it done, I'm just worried about how much gas he's got left in the tank.

:D
He doesn't have the quicks for the WRs, on STs he's fast enough to get down there before the ball at camp on the lane.

He stepped up tonight and played better then he has in the regular season - that is what we need and I love to see the no-names buying into the Patriot mystique.

I saw him make at least 2 ST tackles. Wow! I'm really on the Andre bandwagon.

Think that Andre Davis could play some DB when needed. He looked really good out there and it seemed like he made all the ST tackles.

shmessy said:
Good, they need someone on harmonica. :singing:

shmessy said:

There was that one on punt coverage in the 2nd half, where the whole time the ball was in the air, I couldn't see any way the punt returner was not going to get tackled by Davis!

Has he been on the coverage teams before ? He made a huge impact there tonight.

BelichickFan said:
Has he been on the coverage teams before ? He made a huge impact there tonight.
For several games now, Stone and Izzo have been the ones who stood out before now, tonight Andre stepped it up!

Has Davis played Defensive Back before? :confused:

RayClay said:
Has Davis played Defensive Back before? :confused:
Not at this level.

Edit: Givens took some reps at D-back a couple years ago, but wasn't used in a game to my knowledge. Davis isn't as quick as D-Giv, he doesn't run his routes as tightly, relying more on speed, so I think he's going to be better on STs for us and Childress is the better choice to emulate Troy Brown.

Last edited:
He even played QB in high school! He's from my hometown, so I have to be on his bandwagon.

primetime said:
He even played QB in high school! He's from my hometown, so I have to be on his bandwagon.
Got an instrument or do you want to be the baton twirler? :D

Box_O_Rocks said:
He doesn't have the quicks for the WRs, on STs he's fast enough to get down there before the ball at camp on the lane.

Actually, it's my understanding that Andre Davis is "Bethel" fast. He DEFINITELY has "the quicks." I'm sure it's a matter of experience and/or other technique issues, not his footspeed.

Andre Davis has great straightline speed. I would love to see him get better on his routes so he could play more WR for us. Any idea if we will have to give Cleveland a pick for him? But how about we just get DBs to play DB? No more converting. Brown is enough. He was getting picked on out there in coverage, but came up and made several solid tackles.

We already did give Cleveland a pick for him. A 5th or maybe 6th if I remember right.

patsox23 said:
Actually, it's my understanding that Andre Davis is "Bethel" fast. He DEFINITELY has "the quicks." I'm sure it's a matter of experience and/or other technique issues, not his footspeed.
Dwight and Branch have "the quicks", Bethel and Andre have great speed, but don't have that turn on a dime quickness to make seperation.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Not at this level.

Edit: Givens took some reps at D-back a couple years ago, but wasn't used in a game to my knowledge. Davis isn't as quick as D-Giv, he doesn't run his routes as tightly, relying more on speed, so I think he's going to be better on STs for us and Childress is the better choice to emulate Troy Brown.

I think Givens has college experience, (Could be wrong). Childress was fulltime DB in high school and Troy has experience.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Too late and lazy to research.

Don't forget about recovering Watson's fumble inside the 5 yard line just before the Givens TD. It was a 7-3 game then, HUGE PLAY.

AD played really well last night making several key plays - step right up we welcome all contributions....

forget the special teams play the fumble recovery was HUGE. It was literally the turning point of this game. I thought Jacksonville was playing a great game defensively the only thing they didn't do was create turnovers. If they got one on that play it might have given them some hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back