PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andre Carter was sorely missed last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I watched several plays that Eli made as he had plenty of time to make crucial passes in that 3rd quarter and wondered what if we had Carter last night.....I bet his pressure on the edge might have made a difference as Eli was way too relaxed in completing passes and Wilfork had a tough night.

If there was a player that was missed and could have made a difference, it might have been Andre.

Ras-I Dowling might have helped quite a bit this season too. Note that Ihedigbo was the 3rd FS behind Barrett and Dowling.

I watched several plays that Eli made as he had plenty of time to make crucial passes in that 3rd quarter and wondered what if we had Carter last night.....I bet his pressure on the edge might have made a difference as Eli was way too relaxed in completing passes and Wilfork had a tough night.

If there was a player that was missed and could have made a difference, it might have been Andre.

Giants had a ton of injuries dating all the way back to training camp. Can't hang this one on injury to Carter. Anderson basically filled in for him and did a nice job.

If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his booty when he hopped.

There are a number of plays that if one went the other way, the Pats might have won or would have probably won. If a certain player was healthy, the Pats might have won. You can say these things about a lot of games.

I hate playing these games. I might bring it up to counter an argument that trashes the team. But I don't want to play the game that "if this happened, we would have won". It is a waste of time.

I was thinking, in general, the only draft pick that contributed anything of value this postseason was Solder and he was replaced in the second half last night. (I can't remember if he started or not.) That can't happen next season.

I dunno, I don't think his presence would have made much of a difference. Carter's a 4/3 DE and the PATS played better defense in the 3/4.

I dunno, I don't think his presence would have made much of a difference. Carter's a 4/3 DE and the PATS played better defense in the 3/4.

We're better suited for the 3-4. Vince at the nose with an outstanding backup in K. Love who was forced to start this year. ILB's are the strength of our defense IMO. Mayo and Spikes. Each forced a fumble we couldn't recover. Patrick Chung played like a man possessed last night. Best game as a Pat IMO. Him and Spikes were sorely missed when they were out. We need a veteran FS and we'll be extremely strong down the middle.

I was gutted for Carter not being able to play in the Superbowl having been such a good player all these years.

Actually health at the back end of the season has a huge bearing on the outcome IMO. In isolation Andre Carter was not such a big deal but losing your best three pass rushers in Mike Wright, Myron Pryor and Andre Carter has to hurt somewhere down the line. But it is what it is. And injuries are part of the game.

The Giants had their full complement of pash rushers and were very healthy on the D-Line. And they made it count and that is all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes