PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andre Carter: "The Pass Rush Is Almost There"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pass rush almost there?

Change you can believe in.

Any chance that a DE could be available during the trading deadline.I know nothing never seems to happen but maybe our picks can be enticing for a team.I wish Chris Long was available.:rolleyes:The rams are not going anywhere.I would give them a first round pick and a second for him.

And what if they don't execute the more conservative startegy with the same level of success and end up punting after running a 1:30 off the clock and lose 24-21? Everyone is killing them for going away from their core offense that was working.

We aren't talking about what the strategy should be with 8 minutes left and a 2 score lead. We are talking about going away from what has been working very early in the game.

This is classic 20/20 hindsight. If they score on either drive where Brady got picked in the red zone, the defense would still be a problem but no one is suggesting this is the answer. So what people are suggesting, is they should have pulled in the reins and tried to kill the clock with an offense that had already put up 21 points. They should have feared their QB, one of the handful of best ever, who had thrown 6 picks in 19+ games, would throw 4 in the next 32 minutes and the defense would not be able to overcome it.

It's very possible to run a hurry up offense, and even pass quite a bit, while taking plenty of time off the clock, Manning does this all the time.

It's very possible to run a hurry up offense, and even pass quite a bit, while taking plenty of time off the clock, Manning does this all the time.

The Colts don't run a hurry up offense with Manning under center. They run a no huddle offense - not the same thing.

The Patriots have been running an offense that stresses a fast tempo. A big part of the offense they have run this year is using that tempo to confuse and tire out the defenders on drives. Changing to what the Colts do would be changing the offense from what is working in the first half of a game.

The Colts don't run a hurry up offense with Manning under center. They run a no huddle offense - not the same thing.

The Patriots have been running an offense that stresses a fast tempo. A big part of the offense they have run this year is using that tempo to confuse and tire out the defenders on drives. Changing to what the Colts do would be changing the offense from what is working in the first half of a game.

If you can keep the other team from making substitutions by quickly getting to the line and calling plays without a huddle you will tire out the opposing defense much quicker and be able to dictate what the defense can do to a much greater extent.

Also, uust because something had been working previously doesnt mean it's the smart thing to do at that moment, teams make adjustments and you need to adjust to counter them. If the defense is conceding the pass, that's what you take, likewise with the run.

Our running game with Green-Ellis was garbage, I think that was why they were so pass happy. Ridley looked really slick when he was in there. Anyway, I think the main issue on offense was the lack of an effective running game, I think a combination of Woodhead and Ridley, along with passing, would have gotten them a lot more success in that drive.

BUMP: Well....Carter at least has kept his promise today,he got there twice

Last edited:
BUMP: Well....Carter at least has kept his promise today,he got there twice

More important was when and how. Just willed himself with toward the qb with an individual move and enveloped Romo, leaving no doubt.

I hope Cunningham was watching. We'll see what he's made of now too, by the way. He no longer gets by as a fit in the 3-4 so he'll need to scramble and find a role. The best players do.

The last two weeks - Jets and Cowboys at home - were both steps forward. It looked like the interior linemen were shifting into gaps or specific matchups that favored the Patriots frequently. The result was a shorter passing game in both contests when longer routes would have made sense. But the pass rush forced the ball out of there quickly or resulted in real pressure and hits on the passer.

Two weeks to get ready to go after Ben Roethlisberger, now. The Steelers' offensive line is its weakest link. Should be fun.

IMO the pass rush is improving but it's still not even close to being good. I'm pretty sure Jets/Cowboys have some of the worst O-lines in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back