PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andre Carter the most JACKED man alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did you bother to read anything on that page before you posted it? A contraction against resistance is resistance training, it doesnt matter if it's hydraulic or elastic, or with using weights, one is still resisting the opposing force they exert.

Furthermore, when I click on the link provided for strength training wiki says "Strength training is the use of resistance to muscular contraction to build the strength, anaerobic endurance, and size of skeletal muscles. There are many different methods of strength training, the most common being the use of gravity or elastic/hydraulic forces to oppose muscle contraction. See the resistance training article for information about elastic/hydraulic training, but note that the terms "strength training" and "resistance training" are often used interchangeably.

That brings me back to your quote "It's also a prerequisite for getting injured, a.k.a Bob Sanders. This is why most athletes are going the route of resistance training over strength training"

So, how is being a physical specimen a prerequisite for getting injured and what specifically are players doing that is resistance training but not strength training?

Most of the guys in the NFL are freak mesomorphs who also happen to have millions of dollars worth of trainers behind them. Compound that with flawless meal plans augmented with high end supplements (some more dubious than others) and you're going to see what is basically the pinnacle of physical male potential. The bodybuilder type builds like Gholston are pretty rare because most of the training is plyometrics and olympic style lifting for explosion and functional strength throughout the range of motion. Hypertrophy training is really bad for sports.

Most of the guys in the NFL are freak mesomorphs who also happen to have millions of dollars worth of trainers behind them. Compound that with flawless meal plans augmented with high end supplements (some more dubious than others) and you're going to see what is basically the pinnacle of physical male potential. The bodybuilder type builds like Gholston are pretty rare because most of the training is plyometrics and olympic style lifting for explosion and functional strength throughout the range of motion. Hypertrophy training is really bad for sports.

Agreed but you only alluded to HGH. There are more players tjat use it than don't in my opinion. Why not? Won't get caught unless you royally screw it up somehow.

If you have an extra $2,000 a month you too can get ripped very quickly. Just ask Ryan Gosling, Jake Gylenhaal, Brad Pitt (for Troy).

HGH is unbelievable.

Did you bother to read anything on that page before you posted it? A contraction against resistance is resistance training, it doesnt matter if it's hydraulic or elastic, or with using weights, one is still resisting the opposing force they exert.

Furthermore, when I click on the link provided for strength training wiki says "Strength training is the use of resistance to muscular contraction to build the strength, anaerobic endurance, and size of skeletal muscles. There are many different methods of strength training, the most common being the use of gravity or elastic/hydraulic forces to oppose muscle contraction. See the resistance training article for information about elastic/hydraulic training, but note that the terms "strength training" and "resistance training" are often used interchangeably.

That brings me back to your quote "It's also a prerequisite for getting injured, a.k.a Bob Sanders. This is why most athletes are going the route of resistance training over strength training"

So, how is being a physical specimen a prerequisite for getting injured and what specifically are players doing that is resistance training but not strength training?

This is what I am referring to:

Resistance training should not be confused with weightlifting, powerlifting or bodybuilding, which are competitive sports involving different types of strength training with non-elastic forces such as gravity (weight training or plyometrics) rather an immovable resistance (isometrics, usually the body's own muscles or a structural feature such as a doorframe)

I should not have used the term strength-training, weightlifting is probably the correct term to use here.

Bulk = Slow

Contrast a guy like that with Woodhead. Goes to show that muscle only means so much in the NFL. Athleticism, smarts and heart mean more.

Danny Woodhead may be short but he is stout. Pound for pound he may put up good numbers in the gym.

Thomas-Clayton-in-Drills.jpg

as i reach for my milk and cookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes