PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andre Brown - RB - NC St.....hmmmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfaninpa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Looks very good in the Senior Bowl. 6'2" 220lb. Looks very fast. Can catch the ball out of the backfield. Where the hell has this kid been the last 4 years? Looks a little like a young
Ottis Anderson. Before Ottis got fat. Checked out when he was recruited out of hs. Rivals
had him as a 4star. 5tops. So, that's a pretty high ranking. If he falls to the 3rd round.
Either our pick or supplemental pick. I think he might be someone to consider.

From Todd McShay:

North Carolina State RB Andre Brown has admittedly had durability and academic issues, but he's healthy now and shining in this environment. In fact, of all the South backs we saw Wednesday, he made the best impression. Brown is a decisive downhill runner who has good size, shows good burst to the hole and runs with enough forward body lean to pick up yards after contact. Although he's not the most elusive back, he catches the ball well and can contribute as a receiver out of the backfield. We now think he has a chance to come off the board early on Day 2 of the draft, and that's noteworthy because he didn't put up great numbers in college.
---

Word is, round three, to a strong run blocking team.

NC State was awful post-Rivers, so Brown may have been the victim of a poor supporting cast.

Brown's been injured a lot so he hasn't played a lot of snaps. He looked great tonight. In fact, he looked like the best RB out there on both teams.

I've tried to keep an eye on him this year and have been impressed with his consistency and his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. My only concern, Pats-wise, is that they already have a bunch of downhill runners. Do they add Brown to the stable, or look for a quicker RB/KR like Devin Moore?

Looks very good in the Senior Bowl. 6'2" 220lb. Looks very fast. Can catch the ball out of the backfield. Where the hell has this kid been the last 4 years? Looks a little like a young
Ottis Anderson. Before Ottis got fat. Checked out when he was recruited out of hs. Rivals
had him as a 4star. 5tops. So, that's a pretty high ranking. If he falls to the 3rd round.
Either our pick or supplemental pick. I think he might be someone to consider.

Andre Brown is currently ranked as a 3rd/4th round pick.

Here are the negatives that NFLDraftScout says about this kid:

NFLDraftScout.com said:
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Runs tall. Lacks elite speed, taking a few steps to get going. Inconsistent hands out of the backfield, body-catches too often. Tends to dance in the hole if there is anyone in his sight. Does not have the quickness to make defenders miss once stopped. Must have more awareness of blitzers off the edge. His left foot must be checked out medically, as he fractured it in 2007 and had another surgery in spring 2008.

Half those things are what people complain about for Maroney. Running tall. Dancing. Inconsistent catching. Injury Flag as well.

A few too many blemishes for my taste.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

On the positive side, caught 29 passes for NC State this year. That's more than Benjamin Watson this year. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes