Welcome to PatsFans.com

And the Republican Party begins throwing John McCain under the Bus.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Nov 15, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Is this supposed to be news or something wes? Most old school, principle driven republicans have openly felt this way. A lot of people think McCain is a RINO, or a liberal, etc. The entire point behind nominating someone like Palin was to lure the base to rally behind McCain. DeMint doesn't say anything that most real pubs haven't.

Wow, I wonder if DeMint reads the Patsfans political forum or something. Sheesh, how many of us in here have made that same exact point? The bailout could have been McCain's salvation. Instead, it was the final nail. I think DeMint's right in what he says. That party needs to get back to it's principles. Even if it means a lesser market share in the short term.

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,998 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Good post RW ... we had 8 years of Bush who is not really a conservative and then they tried to ram McCain at voters who also is not a conservative. Not to say that being a conservative is the absolute best thing to be ... just saying that republicans need to get back to being conservatives and they need to push aside those in the party who are not.

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

I threw McCain under the bus a long time ago, he's an old Left Wing Liberal Democrat Mole, he is what Lieberman is to the Democrats, they both should change Partys, if it wern't for Religous Bigotry and Democrat Liberal Racism Mitt Romney would have been the next president.

Don't you Democrats ever whine about "Racism" your party elected Barack Hussein Obama on racism, racism and bigotry runs rampant within the democratic party but being the type of bigotry & racism that it is, it is politically incorrect to even whisper it.

You just witnessed some of the "Hateful Bigotry" towards Homosexuality by California's two leading "Minority Community's" 75% of the hypocrit bastards voted against Gay Marriage but the rats want Justice, Equality and Freedom for themselves.

God Damn Mormons
    God Damn Bush
    God Damn Sarah
    Now The Black/Hispanic's say "God Damn Homosexuals"
    Obama's Uncle Jeremiah says "God Damn America"

5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +564 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

But you would ever vote for a conservative ritht Icypat? I think you've said that you're moderate independent if I'm not mistaken. So if the pubbies put a conservative candidate out as the front runner, would you ever vote conservative-republican?

I'm just curious to see where you stand. I'd vote for a moderate republican, but he'd have to be out of the norm for the party. I voted for Weld when he became governor of Massachusetts.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

Only reason I voted for McCain is because of Palin, and how bad BO will be, Bush was good with the tax cut and the WOT but that was it. I voted for Steve Forbes in the primary not Bush, he had the virtue of not being Algore or Kerry.