PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

And the picks are in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
ESPN has listed their expert picks for the season. New England, Brady, Belichick, and Adalius Thomas all receive some votes. I think Michael Smith purposely tried not to be a homer and didn't pick the Pats for anything other than the division. The bad news is that John Clayton did.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview07/news/story?id=2984130

Re: And the picks are in.....

I am completely shocked that Merril Hoge did not pick New England, shocked.

Only one person had the NFC winning the Super Bowl.

I am completely shocked that Merril Hoge did not pick New England, shocked.

Good. He usually has one of the worst records in the weekly pickoff. I'm sure Steelers fans are happy that he picked two teams from the AFC North to get to the playoffs and neither were the Steelers. He hates the Steelers more than any other team.

Why don't they call this "last year's results with a few minor tweaks"? The most new division winners anyone predicts was two, and that was only by a couple guys. Other than one vote for Jax and one for Pitt, the only votes for non-playoff 2006 teams winning a division were in the NFCW, and less than half even picked that!

Sal Palantonia does pick two non-playoff 2006 teams to win divisons, so at least he went out on a limb, but the most turnover anyone - including Sal - picked in the entire playoffs was 3 of 12. When was the last time 75% of playoff teams were the same as the year before?

It is the same everywhere. Don't go out on a limb. Even the "surprises" are team like San Fran (everyone's pick for Cinderella) and Jax/Pitt.

Karma forces me to point out two things about the results:

1. There is only one thing everyone agrees on: the Patriots will win the AFC East.

2. WE'RE DOOOOOMED! :bricks:

Woah, Tom Jackson and John Clayton pick the Pats to win the Super Bowl? Bad karma there...

Adalius Thomas will not win defensive player of the year if he plays primarily inside linebacker.

My vote for Defensive Player of the Year is for Ty Warren... With 8 teams running the 3-4 defense, the league has to look at those players differently. And I think that if Warren puts up another high tackle total like he did last year, and puts up 7.5+ sacks, and continues to be a terror to o-lines, that he should get consideration over the likes of a Freeney or Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back