PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

....and the NFL's media counter attack continuuuuuuuuues....

Status
Not open for further replies.

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Like I mentioned before I have Yahoo as my front page of my browser, so I couldn't help notice this. About 3 stories down from the top, was the headline, "Tom Brady would be a fool to sue the NFL". I won't bore you with the complete lack of any substance to justify the headline, but this short couple of paragraphs will tell you all you need to know about the author (someone named Chris Chase who I have never heard of, yet can get access to the top of Yahoo's newswire). and his bias.

Ridiculously, Brady has become a sympathetic figure in Deflategate, mainly due to the knee-jerk hatred of all decisions and comments coming from the NFL’s front office. He likely cheated in the 2015 playoffs en route to a Super Bowl, and possibly long before, yet many view him as the oppressed one.

Use that. Embrace that. Don’t become Al Davis. If Brady is in legacy mode (and he should be) then taking the NFL to trial over something he’s likely guilty of is the wrong move.

I start this thread not just because of tis ridiculous story, but given the topic First Take had on the "hated Patriots" today, and Sal Pal's retraction and blame switch; the NFL is clearly launching a counter attack to the justifiably bad press they had to endure the last few weeks. (FINALLY).

People are finally asking the NFL why its taking so long for it's decision. But I need someone to FINALLY ask them directly, WHY they never disclaimed the erroneous Mort Report. Why there wasn't a greater examination of Welles Report, and Why Brady was suspended without any credible evidence he'd done anything at all.

Apparently it never even occurred to this clown that Brady's probably fighting because he isn't guilty.

In any case, hacks like this are awfully predictable. The guy has no idea what he's talking about, but his opinion is supposed to matter because... reasons.

Heh, Chris Chase is an outsider who has made a career out of using attention-grabbing headlines and intense criticism of athletes and sports culture in order to get page clicks from furious fans. He's just an a-hole who knows how to bring in the advertising money for Yahoo and USA Today, not part of some NFL conspiracy to defame Tom Brady. We're not getting special treatment from him.

If you want him to stop writing about this topic, you're best off ignoring him and not clicking on his headlines.

ESPN's credibility is directly linked to the NFL's credibility and it is protecting it's investment. Coupled with continuing to feed the mainstream audience with intrigue, hate and scandal, this whole thing has been a circular motion feeding the machine.

Hours before the N.F.L. season began Thursday, ESPN demonstrated what “Monday Night Football” means to the cable empire by renewing it for $15.2 billion through 2021, according to a person briefed on the details. The completion of the contract was delayed by the league’s player lockout.

At $1.9 billion a year, ESPN will be paying 73 percent more than the $1.1 billion a year it has been spending for “Monday Night,” the highest-rated show on cable television. ESPN began carrying Monday night games in 2006, when its previous package of Sunday night games moved to NBC.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/09/s...xtends-deal-with-nfl-for-15-billion.html?_r=0

Last edited:
And again the NFL and media counter quickly with the Ravens and now Colts owner claiming they are not pressuring Goodell.

It's magical I tell you. Brady shouldn't sue, he has no chance, blah blah blah.

I think Mortensen went on a permanent vacation, NFL goodfellas style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back