And So It's The Giants...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMike

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
discuss....

Speechless..yeah they played us tough but we made the mistakes while they played their best effort and without our 2 starters on the right side of line and our blocking TE. plus their coach has frostbite.

It's not quite Yankees-Red Sox, but its still New York versus Boston.

I can't believe Coughlin let his face turn to leather jsut to prove he is tough... I call it foolish.

I like the matchhup against the Giants since we have seen them before. it will be warm weather and hopefully no wind. Like remix stated we had players out.

the one thing that concerns me is the lack of pass rush with a 3-4 man rush. In the second half we blitzed which is what causes Eli to panic and create turnovers.

I'm hoping some familiarity will cause the pats to blitz a bit more in the first half.

I expect a close game and pats pulling away in middle of the third.

Coughlin went from lising his jobb to keeping it.

Headline
It is Brady Vs. Manning AGAIN.

This has all the makings of another Superbowl 38.

Are all the Giants weird? You've got quarterhick junior; Strahan, who loves to hear himself talk a little too much; the truly creepy Plexiglass Furnace; and Tom "Plastic Face" Coughlin. What a crew.

Last edited:
Both the Patriots and Giants play on turf. University of Phoenix Stadium has natural grass, so the field is a wash as far as advantage is concerned.

I hate Miss Eli, I just can't take another Manning winning the super bowl, so GO PATS.

As for the match up, I think it could be a close game, so Pats in a close win.
Did I say I really hate Eli? :D

Brady v. Manning! Boston v. New York! The media is going to have a swell time, although they lost out on their Favre dream.

I have to say I'm happy for Eli. Good job by the little brother, hope you rub it in Peyton's face.

And I'm happy that Tiki Barber has to deal with the Giants and Coughlin's success. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Everyone's familiar with the Sports Guy's Ewing Theory, it fits perfectly here.

It should be a great Superbowl matchup.

Question? Why does FOX keep lying saying the Giants 10 straight road wins are a NFL record, when there is at least 4 other teams with longer win streaks on the road including the 49ers who won 18 in a row on the road?

Question? Why does FOX keep lying saying the Giants 10 straight road wins are a NFL record, when there is at least 4 other teams with longer win streaks on the road including the 49ers who won 18 in a row on the road?
Patriots have 8 in a row and who was that eighth game against.....the New York Giants!

Maybe it's in a single season.

we played the giants in the preseason, season and now post season.
How rare is that?

So glad I don't have to hear about farve for 2 weeks

I'm glad it's the Giants, because I think on most days the Packers are a better team, especially in a dome where they could air it out against our secondary.

I expect a similar gameplan on defense to what we've seen the last two weeks, commit to stopping the run and make Eli beat us. I think we actually match up pretty well against them since they're not as deep at receiver.

As for the previous matchup, I'm not sure it has much bearing on this game. The Pats played fairly vanilla on both sides of the ball, and I don't expect that to be the case in the Super Bowl.

The Giants are no doubt playing well, but my first reaction is that this is a better matchup for the Pats than the Pack would have been.

I think they mean road wins in a season - which is really a dubious distinction. To get the record you had to do worse at home and enter the playoffs as a low seed! But whatever - it's one of those stats we'll hear BB mention:
"Good team. Good in all three phases of the game - offense, defense, special teams. Well coached. Won 10 straight road games. Played us tough earlier. Good team."

This has all the makings of another Superbowl 38.
The Giants are a good team.I'm not taking anything away from them.Don't kid yourself.BB will come up with a ton of defensive schemes to confused the crap out of Eli.On the other side,I think the Offense will be as explosive than ever.I also think this will be Moss & Stallworth's break out game.Brady will be very sharp in this one.Don't expect to see 3 Brady INT's on Super Sunday.Each of our 3 SB wins have been by 3 points.I think we'll win this one by a large margin.

2 things

playing the giants is better cuz we played them already, so we have that, plus giants film was already studdied once this year, so that helps

plus, I CANT WAIT to see our offense in warm weather again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes