PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

And so it begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
emoney_33 said:
No one on the pats has forgotten the embarassment last year when the colts came to town... Watch out indy (with that awesome 5.1 ypc run defense)... watch out

your talking crazy and I like it!

I'm already starting to get jacked up for that game and it's only Tuesday!

I better start planning some food to grill, this is gonna be a great game!!

emoney_33 said:
No one on the pats has forgotten the embarassment last year when the colts came to town... Watch out indy (with that awesome 5.1 ypc run defense)... watch out

really? the colts win one regular season game against NE and its an embarassment? i understand colts fans putting way too much stock into that one game but i expect better here

TomBrady'sGoat said:
really? the colts win one regular season game against NE and its an embarassment? i understand colts fans putting way too much stock into that one game but i expect better here

you misunderstand.
he meant their performance was embarrassing, no tthe fact that they lost a game. they couldn't put up much of a fight and were pretty much dominated - that's what was embarrassing.

if you fight the good fight and come up short, your not embarrassed.

SamBam, you've got Ryan pegged wrong. He wasn't making excuses, he was making a joke whose subtext was that the Patriots looked incredibly strong last night. He is a good guy, a fellow poster here, and deserving of respect and the benefit of the doubt.

If Brady and Manning never played another game, they would be left out of the Hall of Fame ---- if this were baseball. Baseball has no clue, and favors Don Sutton's 24-year totals over the best-15-year average of a better player.

But since football has a clue, Brady and Manning are already in.

Last edited:
RyanTheColtsFan said:
If I think the Colts play better on the road than in the Dome, should I root for NE Sunday night? :)

I would expect a game similiar to the Broncos on Sunday. Seems like we've played a million times over the years cause i've made a ton of these Colts/Pats threads.

Post ya thoughts.
I am not much of a Peyton Manning fan, but that game against Denver impressed me more than anything I've seen him do. He had to battle the whole game - and did so right up until the last play. And the passes that he completed - outstanding example of QB talent.

arrellbee said:
I am not much of a Peyton Manning fan, but that game against Denver impressed me more than anything I've seen him do. He had to battle the whole game - and did so right up until the last play. And the passes that he completed - outstanding example of QB talent.

And playing in the altitude at Denver for 4 quarters is no piece of cake either.

Unfortunately perhaps for Denver is the game wasn't played in late November or December (or January) when the cold, plus the altitude really becomes a factor for a dome team.

But we know all about that here....

patsox23 said:
SamBam, you've got Ryan pegged wrong. He wasn't making excuses, he was making a joke whose subtext was that the Patriots looked incredibly strong last night. He is a good guy, a fellow poster here, and deserving of respect and the benefit of the doubt.

1)I believe he WAS giving himself an excuse if they lose next week. you believe otherwise if you so choose.
2)I don't lack any respect for him, just responding to his post. It's the organization he roots for that I don't respect.
3)he can speak to me himself, he doesn't need you to watch out for him. what are you his mother?

I understand he was joshing around when he made his original post, but he was also stating something in kidding that I believe stems from concerns with this weeks game. nothing wrong with calling him out on that.

DisgruntledTunaFan said:
My gut tells me Indy, for some reason. Peyton lit up Denver's #1 D-me thinks he has figured out BB's schemes.

You gut has **** for brains.

DisgruntledTunaFan said:
My gut tells me Indy, for some reason. Peyton lit up Denver's #1 D-me thinks he has figured out BB's schemes.

Denver's defense does not equal the Patriots defense.

Yes, Peyton took apart the Denver defense, but much of it was due to poor clock management by Denver as well as Denver not making any adjustments on defense. They went into a prevent and that plays right into Manning's strengths. Had Denver continued to stay aggressive, as they had early in the game, they could have prevented the debacle that occured.

DaBruinz said:
Denver's defense does not equal the Patriots defense.

Yes, Peyton took apart the Denver defense, but much of it was due to poor clock management by Denver as well as Denver not making any adjustments on defense. They went into a prevent and that plays right into Manning's strengths. Had Denver continued to stay aggressive, as they had early in the game, they could have prevented the debacle that occured.

Perfectly said. That game was incomprehensible to me. I was cursing Shanahan watching that last quarter, and was just envisioning the article Dr Z would write about how, yet again, playing conservative loses a game. They got so tentative they were even missing tackles .... like they were the Colts D.

That said, the thing that you have to keep in mind is that Manning had an incredible day ... AND STILL BARELY WON, because as good as the O is ... that D sucks. If that game was a 2min longer or shorter, the Colts would have lost. How BAD is that D ? I think we are going to find out Sunday.

R

Last edited:
SamBam39 said:
1)I believe he WAS giving himself an excuse if they lose next week. you believe otherwise if you so choose.
2)I don't lack any respect for him, just responding to his post. It's the organization he roots for that I don't respect.
3)he can speak to me himself, he doesn't need you to watch out for him. what are you his mother?

I understand he was joshing around when he made his original post, but he was also stating something in kidding that I believe stems from concerns with this weeks game. nothing wrong with calling him out on that.

I dont make excuses. I have the Clots losing 38-24. I had this AND the Denver game as L's. So relax. :)

I am not kidding when I say the Colts play better on the road. I do not want them to have a sense of security playing inside come January. Thats no excuse. Just what I want to see happen.

RyanTheColtsFan said:
I am not kidding when I say the Colts play better on the road. I do not want them to have a sense of security playing inside come January. Thats no excuse. Just what I want to see happen.

I don't get your reasoning because it's not like the Colts have ever won the Superbowl without homefield advantage either.

zippo59 said:
I don't get your reasoning because it's not like the Colts have ever won the Superbowl without homefield advantage either.

Correction: The Indy Colts have never won a Super Bowl. The Indy Colts have never won an AFC Championsip.

Those old ones belong to the old Batimore franchise. Johnny U even said that he had no connection with the Indy Colts.

PATSNUTme said:
Correction: The Indy Colts have never won a Super Bowl. The Indy Colts have never won an AFC Championsip.

Those old ones belong to the old Batimore franchise. Johnny U even said that he had no connection with the Indy Colts.

I think you misunderstood. I was saying that the Colts have not won a Superbowl with homefield advanatge, and have not won it without. Basically this is saying they have never won the Superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back