PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

And so it begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanTheColtsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
If I think the Colts play better on the road than in the Dome, should I root for NE Sunday night? :)

I would expect a game similiar to the Broncos on Sunday. Seems like we've played a million times over the years cause i've made a ton of these Colts/Pats threads.

Post ya thoughts.

Tell me you you didn't get alittle nervous looking at that game last night. Before last night the running game was your biggest worry, now.....

And don't forget:
Denver owns the Pats
Colts own Denver
Pats own Colts

Last edited:
I dont put much stock into the Vikes. But it was impressive. The Pats will always scare me as long as BB is HC and Brady is behind center.

if anything we have seen so far...one week is different from another , for the pats the denver game and then the cincy game is one example and for the colts, the tennese game and then the denver game is another...i personally dont put too much stock to what the pats did against the vikings but it certainly is pleasing to see then throw the the ball efficiently.
I think ryan, the most cliched stat -"turnovers" will define the game sunday, i expect the colts to move the ball well and hopefully the pats can too...iam just curious how our defense plays...we have played coverage a lot this seasons but colts lead the league in 3rd down conversions so it should be interesting...

Even though i would have liked to see the running game more, with a short week to prepare for the colts, i like that both of our backs will be nicely rested and ready to go.

The game on Sunday should be another instant classic, two Hall of Fame QBs, a battle for first place, what more can you ask for.

I think in another couple of seasons Manning will be seen as the best passer in the history of the game, the conversation will go how did such great quarterbacks such as Marino, Manning, etc. never win a Superbowl?

cstjohn17 said:
The game on Sunday should be another instant classic, two Hall of Fame QBs, a battle for first place, what more can you ask for.

I think in another couple of seasons Manning will be seen as the best passer in the history of the game, the conversation will go how did such great quarterbacks such as Marino, Manning, etc. never win a Superbowl?

To paraphrase Parcells, I think it's a little premature to start moving Manning to Canton.

Compare him to Bledsoe as a prolific passer. Will Manning surpass Bledsoe's gaudy numbers? Maybe. Will Bledsoe make it to the Hall? Doubtful. If Manning can't win the big game and he doesn't exceed Bledsoe's numbers, he won't see the Hall either.

sieglo said:
To paraphrase Parcells, I think it's a little premature to start moving Manning to Canton.

Compare him to Bledsoe as a prolific passer. Will Manning surpass Bledsoe's gaudy numbers? Maybe. Will Bledsoe make it to the Hall? Doubtful. If Manning can't win the big game and he doesn't exceed Bledsoe's numbers, he won't see the Hall either.

Ok i am not a great fan of Manning, but he will EASILY make it into the hall of fame. He will surpass almost every passing record.

sieglo said:

i dislike the colts but if manning doesnt go the hall then so shouldnt marino...if he just plays 5 yrs he is going to break all statistical records....there may be reasons to dislike him but he is a great player ..just stating my opinion

The Patriots will come out with different looks on both sides of the ball. the Colts will come out and do what they always do.

It should be interesting. I'm not going to make any predictions as I feel punchy after being up til 2AM last night. Take this day off and then start thinking about the Colts.

Well, almost.

Last edited:
SVN said:
i dislike the colts but if manning doesnt go the hall then so shouldnt marino...if he just plays 5 yrs he is going to break all statistical records....there may be reasons to dislike him but he is a great player ..just stating my opinion

Let's wait until he plays those five years out and then see.

Manning could melt down like Kurt Warner for all you know -- if say Harrison and Wayne left for some reason. Or he could get injured, etc.

Last edited:
Gentleman, a little realisty for a minute.

I know people love using the phrase let's not put him in Canton yet.

But in all reality, both Manning and Brady's spots are being cleaned and prepped as we speak!

sieglo said:

Manning could melt down like Kurt Warner for all you know -- if say Harrison and Wayne left for some reason. Or he could get injured, etc.
If he melts down now, he goes to Canton anyway. His career to date is more than enough in my opinion to see him in the Hall, probably on a first ballot.

desi-patsfan said:
Ok i am not a great fan of Manning, but he will EASILY make it into the hall of fame. He will surpass almost every passing record.

Exactly.

Manning is a first ballot Hall of Famer, so is Brady, otherwise they should not even have a HOF.

sieglo said:

sure ..can happen to anyone, hypothetically can happen to brady too...lets give him props for what he has done...heck...this game against the colts this week is a game simply because of him , no one else on the colts really makes this matchup as competitive...

Two great teams, clearly. I'll be surprised if the Colts win though. Our pass defense is a little suspect but pretty good especially as we don't play man to man too much against the Colts. But with our passing game coming on and the difference in running games (combining offense and defense), I really think we're just the better team right now.

Hey Ryan, getting back on track.....I think that it'll be another great game between these two teams. I also think that Manning might be a tad dirtier come the 4th quarter, than he was in Denver, as he gets reacquainted with Green,Warren,Rosie et all. Somehow I doubt that Reggie Wayne will feel quite so lonely during his routes as he did last Sun!
Hope you enjoy the game, and see you on the flip side!

sieglo said:

Manning could retire in the middle of next week's game and still make the Hall.

Dragda said:

As far as I'm concerned, I couldn't care less if Peyton gets into the Hall. What I care about is the Patriots winning. If Peyton breaks every record in the books -- and adds NEW records that haven't even been thought of yet -- I say, good for him.

But if the Patriots keep winning championships, setting the bar for team results in an era when the gods of individual stats run so rampant, I'll be a happy camper.

As far as I'm concerned BB, Pioli, and company have injected some sanity in the modern NFL game, and that's a lasting contribution, far more important than any number of gaudy individual stats.

A great player may be great -- and good for him -- but that's only one man out of 54. To consistently put together a great team requires a higher level of genius. Btw, Red Auerbach exemplified that in his day with the Celts, may he rest in peace.

//

Dragda said:

Yes, he'll make the hall for largest body of annoying commercials. But, maybe hanging it up this year isn't such a bad idea. He's had 9 years. He's tried but, just can't play under real pressure. Perhaps it's time to pass the torch to Eli and be put out to pasture. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down