Welcome to PatsFans.com

And now there are book burnings..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jul 29, 2010.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

From the extreme religious right, now they are going to burn another faiths sacred book.. guess theirs if more sacred than others.. once again Mohandus Gandhi words resonate.. " It like your christ, but I do not like your christians".

Mindful of the last significant book burning in May of 1933 when Jewish Authors were purged in Germany.. how did that work out.

Even Judas Iscariot has god on his side...

Florida 'Church' Demonstrates How Christians Should Burn Koran (VIDEO) | TPMMuckraker

2. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +505 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Significant? A church close to where I lived in New Brunswick, Canada held a pretty substantial book burning in 1999. It just wasn't covered.

I find it funny that an "outreach" center is holding a book burning. Nothing brings in the crowds like a good old-fashioned book burning.

Stay classy, Moral Majority.
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

The christian right may be the most dangerous group in the country. All that separates them from the Taliban is they don't outright kill people and women have more rights.

If not watched by the government might the religious right pose more danger to the country?

IMO they are more dangerous than an atheist ... which in essence kind of makes the atheist more moral after all.
  4. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +181 / 2 / -2

how is an atheist dangerous at all? or immoral?
  5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn that those little Hemorrhoids at 4chan have made up this whole thing by hacking the church's site and just making up the Islamic site. This sort of behavior is not at all beneath them.

I'm dubious for the time being.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

What a world we live in, God created religion to make people fight and kill each other.

After observing us the UFO"s can't get out of here fast enough, we must scare the sh!t out of them.

I wonder what they (ufo's) thought if they watched the Battle Of Midway or D-Day.

When God Created all living things why did he create us in a manner that we have to "kill and eat each other" in order to stay alive, watch a Cat torment a little mouse for an hour before he eats it, why did God do that to that little mouse, watch a lion eat a little gazelle's rectum while the poor little bastard is calling his mother.

Yea Though I walk Through The Valley Of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

If those nuts Burn a Koran they better get ready for a fight, anybody can treat the Bible as though it was
    sh!t but if they mess with that Koran somebody will die in that church.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

That's what I am saying ... they're not.

Technically they're not crazy as they're not entranced with a god who may or may not exist.

I would think (I'm not an atheist) that they spend more time on useful endeavors.

Most of the crazies in the world are religious fanatics and they're not going away anytime soon.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  9. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

IMHO - the Christian "Left" is far more dangerous - Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, Brian McLaren, the Emergent Church, Robert Schuller, C. Peter Wagner(among others) are yoked up with the United Nations, have adopted New Age doctrine ala Theosophy/HP Blavatsky/Alice Bailey/"working together for the common good", and are all doing their darnest to form a One World Religion.

BTW - both the Christian "Right" and the Christian "Left" are really on the same team - they just have a FACADE of playing both sides of the fence to get everyone into a debate over "Who's really correct?".(ie-Jerry Falwell, when he was alive, was good buddies with Rick Warren and C. Peter Wagner)
  10. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +505 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Isn't Christianity all about bringing about one world religion (Christianity)?

Matt 28:16-20
  11. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Isaiah 42:8

Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, Brian McLaren, the Emergent Church, and the rest of the so-called neo-evangelical movement are doing the exact opposite of this bible verse.

Anyhow - back to the OP - I would beware of any of these evangelicals getting alot of airwave time. The MSM is very good at playing both sides of the fence(the false left/right paradigm) - they're very good at doing it with politics, now they're doing it with religion by bringing out these so-called "social justice" preachers ala Jim Wallis to fuel to fire.

I would think this particular preacher in the OP is to further fuel the debate playing the other side.
  12. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

Oh man ... the same as Muslim's with Islam.

the more things change the more they stay the same.

How many years has the world been fighting over these issues now?

We have many racism discussions in this forum but the real racism is religious racism and it's very rampant around the world. How many people are killed due to race vs how many people are killed due to their religion ... the numbers I bet are not even close.
  13. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Koran....

What a joke of a book, should not even be in print.
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

That adds a lot of value and insight into this conversation..

Religious extremism is as dangerous as any extremism, except it denotes a higher level of fervor as they await rapture all the while believing in false prophets...
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Athiest's are not dangerous or immoral unless they become like Organized Religion trying to shove their Athieism down the throats of others or start making Money off their Athieism.

I myself am a borderline Athiest, Bible Thumping Reverends, Ministers, Priests, all nothing but "Barnum & Bailey Con Men" the Pope himself, the man world leaders visit then go their knees and kiss his ring is nothing but a man like myself Dressed Up Like Batman.

If there is a God, I have to sometimes wonder and say "yes there might be" when I look around at Nature and the Universe, if their is a supreme being he or "it" is in our souls, our heart or even sitting in our garage, He/It is within us................

Organized Religion is really Organized Crime all dressed up.

I believe in something, all of this didn't just happen with a big bang (what caused the big bang, and what caused that)..........:confused:

Shall We Gather At The River
    That Flows By The Throne Of..."What"..........:confused:
  16. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pretty sure every single religion is all about becoming the one and only religion.