and here is borges..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
SVN said:
loving to hate BB again.
If Borges could just take away those damn rings Belichick has won, he'd be a happy man.

Borges continues to solidify the fact that he is an utter jackass. Yup, Vinatieri won those superbowls...Nevermind that the offense and Brady got the team down the field to attempt the kick. Sure, Vinatieri nailed them, but he certainly is not the only kicker that could have made those field goals. He made some huge kicks (snow bowl), but he has also missed a bunch too. Geez.

Borges, what a clown.
Too bad we can't just let HIM become a free agent.
Now THAT would be progress.

Borges is the ultimate assclown of the Boston Press, he should stick to trying to beat up old men with canes....I cannot believe I read the article...

He gives the gloom and doomers someone to rally around.

You got to admit it thou, everyone still reads what he writes.
Thats what he gets paid for. Keeping everyone stired up.I know it`s the first
column i read although i don`t agree with him.

SVN said:
loving to hate BB again..

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...06/03/22/foxborough_is_becoming_a_flee_market

"Adam Vinatieri won every one of those kind of games when he was called upon by Bill Belichick, who was in Florida watching major league baseball games this week while the man who brought him two Super Bowl victories left town without so much as a final discussion about staying with his old boss."

Borges is right in this case, unless BB does in fact have a plan and blows us away with a bunch of big time impact moves in the next few weeks.

Anyone else also notice that Borges highlighted the Neil Cornrich as-agent-to BB link in this article, WHILE FOR THE SECOND TIME IN TWO WEEKS PUBLISHED INFO FED TO HIM FROM HIS OWN AGENT WITHOUT A DISCLOSURE?

1) "He fired his agent, Jonathan Hurst, who works for Belichick's old lawyer in Cleveland, Neil Cornrich, after Hurst apparently had no offer ready to present to the Packers. Less than a week later, Vinatieri came to an agreement with the Colts."

2) "The personnel department repeatedly asked David Givens to call Belichick in the final days before he left town but he refused to do so until his agent intervened and asked him to the night before Givens signed a five-year, $24 million contract with the Tennessee Titans that dwarfed New England's $17.5 million offer. Givens made the call, but it made no difference in his decision.

Where is the Globe management in all this?

Last edited:
Jacky Roberts said:
Borges is right in this case, unless BB does in fact have a plan and blows us away with a bunch of big time impact moves in the next few weeks.

No he is not. And why do we need to be "blown away by a bunch of big time impact moves"? This theme is getting tired. big impact moves.

SVN said:
loving to hate BB again..

"Adam Vinatieri won every one of th...itting on a beach watching the world go by...

the man who brought him two Super Bowl victories

Um, I'm pretty sure that if any ONE man brought New England two Super Bowl victories it was some guy by the name of BILL BELICHICK. Don't remember Adam Vinateri being the mastermind behind the gameplan of Superbowl 36. Borges is a steamy pile of crap.

Dank Franklin said:
Um, I'm pretty sure that if any ONE man brought New England two Super Bowl victories it was some guy by the name of BILL BELICHICK. Don't remember Adam Vinateri being the mastermind behind the gameplan of Superbowl 36. Borges is a steamy pile of crap.

I disagree. The man who brought three Super Bowl titles to New England is Mo Lewis. Do any of us really believe the Patriots would have three rings right now if Lewis didn't knock out Bledsoe? I know I don't.

CrazyDave said:
No he is not. And why do we need to be "blown away by a bunch of big time impact moves"? This theme is getting tired. big impact moves.

Well, the way things are going, they'll be fighting for second in the AFC East behind Miami and, maybe, Buffalo. This team today is .500 at best. Let's see what the genius has in mind. Maybe he should take a break from Spring Training Baseball and get to work. Just sayin'.

Jacky Roberts said:
Well, the way things are going, they'll be fighting for second in the AFC East behind Miami and, maybe, Buffalo. This team today is .500 at best. Let's see what the genius has in mind. Maybe he should take a break from Spring Training Baseball and get to work. Just sayin'.

Howyadoin' Ron?

BB is a lazy slacker? Yeah, you've got great credibility.

shmessy said:
Howyadoin' Ron?

BB is a lazy slacker? Yeah, you've got great credibility.

Tough for anyone to defend the perception that while Vinatieri was trying on his new jersey, the genius was sitting at a ballpark with a bag of peanuts in his hands. Vinatieri's loss is a killer and when his replacement misses a chip shot FG and the Patriots lose, BB will hear about it.

Jacky Roberts said:
Tough for anyone to defend the perception that while Vinatieri was trying on his new jersey, the genius was sitting at a ballpark with a bag of peanuts in his hands. Vinatieri's loss is a killer and when his replacement misses a chip shot FG and the Patriots lose, BB will hear about it.

He's down there meeting with Urban Meyer, conducting personal workouts with Seminoles, Gators and Hurricanes. It's been well-documented in the papers.

If you want to home in on one afternoon of R+R go ahead, but you're not being a help to anyone's understanding of the situation.

In fact, you are just messing with people's perceptions and that is not an honorable thing to do. Borges did EXACTLY the same thing in the last line of his article today and it is plainly wrong.

shmessy said:
He's down there meeting with Urban Meyer, conducting personal workouts with Seminoles, Gators and Hurricanes. It's been well-documented in the papers.

If you want to home in on one afternoon of R+R go ahead, but you're not being a help to anyone's understanding of the situation.

In fact, you are just messing with people's perceptions and that is not an honorable thing to do. Borges did EXACTLY the same thing in the last line of his article today and it is plainly wrong.

Maybe he should be more concerned about the Patriots than the Canes, Gators, and Noles. Just a thought.

Jacky Roberts said:
Maybe he should be more concerned about the Patriots than the Canes, Gators, and Noles. Just a thought.

Oh, he's not concerned with the Pats now?

they ALLOWED AV to leave. Get it?
He left of his own free will. Not because anyone was slacking.
Maybe you should get a clue. Just a thought.

Jacky Roberts said:

And if he doesn't what will you do? Stop being a Patriots fans? Stop posting here?:eek: I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes