PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"And effectively the AFC East race is over today"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE_PATS_FAN_54

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
From Chris Collingsworth on NBC pre-game show...

Just saw that. Also, I hate Bob Costas. I can't stand him. He's just so stuck up and such an ass. I can't describe why, but I hate watching this show because of Bob Costas.

I liked the "I'm getting Brady sucks chants down here after we just beat them 38-14, that's what it's like at the Meadowlands" interview bit from Brady.

He also called Bill Belichick Bill Parcells

from Chris Collingsworth on NBC pre-game show.........

I think you mean POST- Game show... And I saw that. Honestly, I think Collinsworth is way over-reacting to how the Pats played...

While I believe in the Pats, I believe in taking it one game at a time.... Things happen...

I liked the "I'm getting Brady sucks chants down here after we just beat them 38-14, that's what it's like at the Meadowlands" interview bit from Brady.

I thought that was pretty funny. I guess there wasn't much else to say after the game. I think its a bit early to call the division won though. Still got 15 games to go, and the bills played pretty well today. And all it takes is one inury...*knock on wood*

I thought that was pretty funny. I guess there wasn't much else to say after the game. I think its a bit early to call the division won though. Still got 15 games to go, and the bills played pretty well today. And all it takes is one inury...*knock on wood*

While the Bills played well, they took 4 major injury hits, unfortunately.

I can't believe he called Belichick Bill Parcells.

I watched the end of that game, how in the name of Hell the Donks won that I still don't know, when Cutler threw that pass right before the FG I'm like "What the hell was he thinking." Kinda like when Hobbs started out from 8 yards deep, but they both worked out well for the Pats. :D

Costas is a lousy guy to do highlights. He made Hobbs' TD runback sound almost unremarkable, throwing the "longest ever" part in almost as an afterthought. He also diluted the glory Hobbs should get by how he described it was tied for longest NFL play ever with two Bears.

Even if you think Chris Berman's "He could... go... all... the... way!" schtick is over the top, you have to admire how exciting Berman makes it sound. Berman sounds like a fan, Costas sounds like he's pissed at having to work weekends.

Well let's face some facts here.

Mr. Collinsworth saw a dismantling of a [last year] playoff team Jets. He watched the Dolphins lose to a mediocre Redskins team and the Bills lose a tough game to Denver.

Was it a stupid thing to say? Yes.
Farfetched ... Not really

After the Pats beat the best division opponent from last year and are a game up on the others. This is good.

BTW if you add up the total points scored by the other three AFCE teams they only beat NE by a field goal......41-38

It's unfortunate when a coach loses a game for their team. That call to go deep with Evan's on 3rd and 2 was absolutely the wrong call and cost them and their fans the game. Essentially if they would of run the ball,worst case they wouldn't get the first down and Denver would of had to waste a timeout to stop the clock. That was the difference,teams like the Bill's have no business going for knockout punches when they are up by 1 point against a team like the Broncos.

The team will play one game at a time. The coaches will keep them focused, and doubly focused on division games.

HOWEVER, the patriots opened as 1-6 favorites to win the division. We won handily over our primary competition. The other two teams in the division lost, and one suffered four significant injuries. What YOU put as the probability of the patriots winning the division, 80%? 90%? Of course anything can happen, but a lot of questions were answered today, for us, for the jets, for buffalo, and for Miami.

Don't listen to the pundits, boys. They're paid to be idiots. The Patriots have what it takes to have their greatest season of all time. That puts bulls-eyes on them, and every other team, and every sportscaster will be aiming for those bulls-eyes.

The Pats need to keep their poise, play their game, and not get too taken with themselves. Belichick and Brady can keep the rest of the team grounded. We don't need Hobbs dancing on other team's logos; we don't need lots of useless penalties, and we don't need turnovers...so far so good, but next week will be a real test. The Chargers ain't the Jets.

Hang tough, Pats. This is THE year.

Just saw that. Also, I hate Bob Costas. I can't stand him. He's just so stuck up and such an ass. I can't describe why, but I hate watching this show because of Bob Costas.

I like walking around my house talking like Bob Costas: "It's a BEAUTIFUL day for FOOTBALL, Mother Nature giving us BRIGHT, SUNNY skies for this DIVISIONAL MATCHUP between the JETS and the PATRIOTS, an often CONTENTIOUS rivalry in THE AFC EAST DIVISION."

As you might imagine, my wife is a very patient woman. :D

Collinsworth is right. The division is totally the Patriots'. I'm sure all the "it's a long season" stuff sounds good, but the Patriots are so clearly better than every other team in the division that they will win it. The "who will win the AFC East" bet will come off the board because even at 1-10, it's still easy money. What the hell, I'd plop down 500 bucks to make 50. 10 percent return guaranteed in 3 months ... gravy.

It's not just that they won, or even that they won big, it's that they did absolutely anything they wanted to whenever they wanted to. They wanted to run the ball down their throats, they ran the ball down their throats. They wanted to go deep, they went deep. The Jets were completely intimidated by the end. If Chad Pennington didn't play so well (he had a really good game), it would've been historically ugly. And the Jets aren't a bad team, that's the amazing thing.

Of course, for the Patriots, it was never about a divisional crown anyway ...

Barring Tom Brady dying or somehow ending up on the IR, the AFC East is over.

Bulletin board material for every other team... Thanks very much.

The good thing is, Belichick keeps himself and the team constantly insisting on humbleness and respect for opponents publicly, so that this type of media hype tends to be diffused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes