Welcome to PatsFans.com

And Coming Soon: The Idiot Files

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Jun 6, 2011.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 5 / -8

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +110 / 7 / -10

3. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

Only if you want the nation to become even more stupid than any pubbie who thinks she was somehow correct in her blunderings about Paul Revere.

The only way for somebody to take her comment and pretend it is correct is for that person to be stupid or a liar.
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I don't blame you. If I was a liberal (and thank the Good Lord I am not) I'd be doing everything I could to distract from the mess Obama is making - and making worse day by day.

So I totally understand why you're starting threads about the former governor of Alaska. I wouldn't want to talk about the economy, gas prices, foreign affairs, unemployment, or anything significant either.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

They said I was obsessed with Palin, liberals can't let go of her, she's driving them all nuts.

:rofl::rofl:
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +110 / 7 / -10

Tell it to the History prof at Brown who said she was right andf the loons are wrong. Link was already provided to the article quoting him in another thread.
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

He is not a history professor at brown, he is a tool for a right wing think tank..

Is this one of those famous right wing instances that says if you tell a lie often enough, then it becomes truth????

Some folks must have ingested massive amounts of Sarah Kool-Aid either that or it is a cult...
  8. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +287 / 5 / -8

Read your own link, if you are able to.

You quoted a partisan rightist whose credits are only from rightie blogs, news sites, and "think" tanks.

He quoted a guy from Cornell, not Brown, who said something very general about the historical value of Longfellow - without any reference to Palin's inaccurate statements.

Then your shill says "But is Palin right?"

He answers himself by alluding to -- but not quoting -- the very same accounts that Revere himself left of the night.

These accounts were discussed in the very thread you posted this rubbish to, prior to your posting of the rubbish.

And no, Revere's first-hand accounts do not establish the purpose of his ride to be warning the enemy of American firepower. And no, he fired no warning shots, nor did he ring bells.

Revere's purpose was to warn the Colonists, not the Redcoats.

Longfellow's details are all wrong. We all know this. That's the only thing the Cornell prof even spoke to, and from the looks of things, well before the current idiocy.

Classic strawman: Your partisan says "the other guys must think the Longfellow poem is the history."

Your partisan then quotes an academic who says "The Longfellow poem isn't the history."

He then concludes that the history is what Palin says it is -- without quoting the source that purportedly establishes that as fact.

Not even close, as anybody who bothers to read the material can tell.

Read the thread. Read your link. Become smarter.

PFnV
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Facts become confusing for some, much easier to spew the lie that Peter Roff is a Brown University Professor, therefore whatever he says is true. even though he is a fellow at a right wing think tank and probably have never even been on the Brown Campus..

Simpler is better for some.. some folks walk away when they mispeak, others make an effort to rewrite history or create hysteria. Or better still try to rewrite Wikipedia to suit falsities..

The more that is said, the less intelligent she and her minions appear.. and only shows the desperation of the right to find another hero.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +110 / 7 / -10

Wrong article btw I was wrong the guy was from BU plus another guy from the PR museum

Experts back Sarah Palin’s historical account - BostonHerald.com
  11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Yeah, boy....that's some ringing endorsement alright. Both guys gave great big - "ummm. maybe...but not really," concluding remarks.

Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said, “Basically when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, ‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting,’ and the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringing — she was right about that — and warning shots being fired. That’s accurate.”

Patrick Leehey of the Paul Revere House said Revere was probably bluffing his British captors, but reluctantly conceded that it could be construed as Revere warning the British.

“I suppose you could say that,” Leehey said. “But I don’t know if that’s really what Mrs. Palin was referring to.”

McConville said he also is not convinced that Palin’s remarks reflect scholarship.

“I would call her lucky in her comments,” McConville said

Once again, telling your captors at gunpoint that people are ready for them does not mean your mission was to "warn the British," it constitutes cracking under pressure at the very least and treason at the most.

Unless you consider that part of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed's "mission" was to warn Americans of Bin Laden's couriers and locations.

In which case, waterboarding him was totally unnecessary since it was part of his master plan to give up names and locations without it.
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Here's a time where we agree. It's not so much about Palin as it is about the distraction from important problems that drives me nuts. It's like Weiner's weener, the royal wedding, and Casey Anthony. PLEASE SANTA, MAKE IT STOP!
    Sincerely,
    Mitt Romney
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  13. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

Yes, and in the other thread it was clear that you were wrong, too.

I'd gladly enter into the discussion with the Brown prof were he or she on this board. Are you intimidated by a university professor, or think they are infallible? LOL

otoh, you are on this board, and you just keep insisting she is right when it is clear as day that she was not. No surprise, you just parrot whatever headlines suit your opinion, without actually thinking it through.
  14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Well, we all know how impressed he is at Obama's Magna-cum-laude degree from Harvard.

Guess everything Obama says is infallible, too.
  15. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +287 / 5 / -8

I believe he also taught Constitutional Law at Harvard.

So obviously, his views on all things constitutional trump yours.

Yay Obamacare!

In all seriousness, 13, give it up.

He didn't "ride around and ring them bells and fire them warning shots to warn the British."

He warned the colonists. He got captured and bragged/babbled/whatever that "yeah well our guys will just shoot your guys hah."

That wasn't his mission, DUH. I mean, HUGE DUH. Bragging was not Paul Revere's mission, or the mission of the many other riders who were also out warning the actual colonial leadership and average joes.

THE GOAL WAS NOT TO WARN THE BRITISH.

Damn.

PFnV