PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

And another undeserving team is bounced out of the playoffs: Dolphins lose at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richter

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The Dolphins just had the nail driven in their coffin by the Ravens, at home no less, in a game they were totally dominated in. A 6 win team that used a gimmick to sneak their way into 11 wins and the playoffs being totally exposed by a completely superior team. Now that the wildcat has been figured out, the Dolphins should be back to mediocrity next year.

indiana_jones_temple_of_doom.jpg

"Only the Pennington man will pass".

All these arguments get settled on the field. Miami I've been telling people are a great story but they're not a playoff team. Ask the other 11 playoff teams who they'd rather play Miami or NE and none of them would hesitate. And my point was proven here on the field.

SD and Arizona won yesterday so thus far they've proven they belong.

All these arguments get settled on the field. Miami I've been telling people are a great story but they're not a playoff team. Ask the other 11 playoff teams who they'd rather play Miami or NE and none of them would hesitate. And my point was proven here on the field.

SD and Arizona won yesterday so thus far they've proven they belong.

It's just sickening to me. I'd be ashamed if I was a member of the Dolphins, with the awful display that was put on by them today. Totally proved everything their doubters said about them, and proved that they weren't deserving of a playoff spot by their play. It also shattered the rebuilt myth of Chad Pennington, quality quarterback. He somehow developed this reputation of being a dink and dunk, solid decision making quarterback, even though his career stats don't even come close to bearing that out. He routinely ranks at the bottom end of the bad decision statistics, yet surprisingly, is actually a decent downfield thrower (since you throw the deep ball with your legs and core, not your arm). With that noodle arm, he just can't throw those tight spirals needed in the mid-range game, when the windows are smaller and harder to hit, and he tries to force it and gets picked off at the worst times. You can't win in the playoffs with a quarterback like that, the defenses are just too good. People always wonder what-if, and I know people wonder about what would have happened if the Patriots had finished off the perfect season last year, but even sans Brady, I'll always wonder more what this team could have done in the playoffs this year. They really seemed primed for a deep run, with all three phases of the game clicking for them.

"The Dolphins just had the nail driven in their coffin by the Ravens, at home no less, in a game they were totally dominated in. A 6 win team that used a gimmick to sneak their way into 11 wins and the playoffs being totally exposed by a completely superior team. Now that the wildcat has been figured out, the Dolphins should be back to mediocrity next year."

Excellent, excellent post.

Just goes to show you how the NFL works; a pi$$ poor chicken sh!t 1-15 team gets the benefit of not only having the last place schedule, but also lucked out with the AFC West and NFC West marshmellow schedule and BOOM, they go 11-5, get into the playoffs, play a REAL effin team and get their ***eS handed to them.

And where was that rinky dink high school BS game plan today, why didn't pizza boy run more of those lame ***** plays to keep the Ravens honest, they just pinned their ears back and exposed Pennington and the Doofins as the frauds they both are.

As bad as fans were torked off about Peyton "7-8 in the playoffs, one Super Bowl win" Manning winning the MVP, can you imagine the blowback if Pennington had won it?

Why couldn't noodle arm have a God awful game like this one LAST week; oh well, thems the breaks.

We'll see how the Doofins do next year with the first place schedule and the AFC and NFC South teams on their schedule next year; it's back to the toilet for you Doofin fans.

I think it's obvious why the Phins fans weren't crowing here about winning the AFCE. Fluke is SO on point as the appropriate word to describe their season.

Last edited:
Good point; he clearly sank to the level of competition vs the Jets and got his lunch handed to him when he played a real team last weekend........

The Dolphins just had the nail driven in their coffin by the Ravens, at home no less, in a game they were totally dominated in. A 6 win team that used a gimmick to sneak their way into 11 wins and the playoffs being totally exposed by a completely superior team. Now that the wildcat has been figured out, the Dolphins should be back to mediocrity next year.

Same happened with Parcells' 1st year in Dallas-a bad QB(Quincy Carter), a worse RB(Troy Hambrick), and a mediocre DL...they nonetheless overachieved that year to finish 10-6 partly thanks to the lucky bounce of the ball and a few opposing coaches being morons, and not to mention too a joke schedule...and yes, Parcells and OC Sean Payton used some trickery in the playbook to get some success early in the year. They subsequently got bounced out in the WC game by Carolina in a blowout score.

What happened the year after? The mediocre talent on this squad showed its ugly read-end and their record flipped to 6-10. I mean this team was HORRIBLE...getting blown out in alot of their losses. Parcells ripped up the entire 53 man roster afterwards, but it took him 1 year to figure this out.

Sound familiar with the Dolphins this year? I'll bet anyone that this 11-5 record will fool Parcells/Sparano to infinity and they'll be naive enough to keep this roster the way it is. 5-11 next year...book it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back