PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anatomy of the flea flicker play

Status
Not open for further replies.
that throw was off, but thats ok

really good play though, really good, other than baker's ineptitude at blocking that time, great execution

Nice play - I just wonder why BB does not employ the Flea Flicker more?

Flea Flicker last week = BJGE back to TB for a TD to RM
Flea Flicker in 2007 = Moss back to TB for a TD to JG

Why not use it more when its obviously VERY successful for this QB?

Because unlike Miami, most tricks don't work when done too much.

Because it's too easy for teams to scout and shut down if they use it more and more. It is very effective when used in moderation though.

"Moss comes off the line slowly..." aka "doggin' it" to some people. :cool:

Last edited:

really good play though, really good, other than baker's ineptitude at blocking that time, great execution

The safety actually did a pretty decent job in recovering from the initial run fake and he nearly broke that play up because the pass was a wee bit under thrown. Could have been thrown a bit deeper.
I don't know how they ever gave Brady offensive player of the week.:snob: :D

Moss does a great job on this play. The more I watch it the funnier it is. Really masterful.

When the play was actually happening I was worried about having a line man too far downfield. The video is to jumpy on my computer to tell but I think some of the lineman were driven the D back so much they had to regroup and back up.

lol. I thought I was the only one who caught that.

How was Baker inept at the block? His job is to block away from Brady. Brady, at the time he threw, didn't have anyone within 3 or 4 yards of him, which looks like a good job. He was not supposed to block for BJGE if that's what you were thinking, BJGE didn't need to go that far, but he did.

The key to that flea-flicker was selling it hard enough. You could see the safeties draw down for the run play, but BJGE sold it so well, he drew the FS further in, and gave Moss the head start he needed.

I don't know if that throw was off the mark. Moss didn't have to alter his speed or stretch for it, and it hit him right in the chest.

Nice to see a trick play work ... the double and triple reverse simply does not work at all anymore.

How was Baker inept at the block? His job is to block away from Brady. Brady, at the time he threw, didn't have anyone within 3 or 4 yards of him, which looks like a good job. He was not supposed to block for BJGE if that's what you were thinking, BJGE didn't need to go that far, but he did.
Because apparently if you are a tight end and you don't average a large amount of catches and yards per game.. you are useless. Not everyone needs to be Tony Gonzalez.

Personally I don't subscribe to that theory, as Daniel Graham was pretty serviceable. ;)

I thought the wind knocked it down a bit, Brady absolutely "lasered" that throw.

Remember it was into the wind

Man you don't even get the full beauty of the play on TV until you actually see how well everyone executed to pull it off. Looked almost too easy at first, but there's a reason for that. Randy was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back