Welcome to PatsFans.com

Anarchy in the GOP

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mcgraw_wv, Jun 24, 2011.

1. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +548 / 2 / -9

I was a democrat once, they left me, for the last several years I have leaned republican (not registered) now they are self destructing, I thought I had been saved when the Tea Party started up now I don't know what to think of them, I think now it is time for me to retire from voting, whatever will be will be.

Liberal Diverse Airline:
    Pilots Wanted
    No Experience Necessary
    Illegal Aliens Welcome
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +266 / 10 / -26

"Liberty" is open to interpretation.. unfortunately, as it is often substituted for religious fervor and indoctrination. Often it is defined by the power elite and folks do not understand their crusade...

Maybe someone could write a song, "Anarchy in the GOP"... and have it played by a band called "We Don't Like Sex Pistols"...
  4. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So did either of you read the article?
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

It's an interesting article, yes. But it makes me wonder what you (or anyone else) thinks will be accomplished by a schism or a splintering. I can't help but be reminded of the old adage, "A house divided cannot stand," and I fail to see how this can be helpful to any factor in The Republican party or any other hopeful party.

I understand The "old" Republican way which wants to disallow any criticism - it's kinda like family -- I can say whatever I want to or about my kids in the privacy of my home - but criticizing them outside, in front of strangers, it's just not done. It undermines our cohesiveness as a famil unit. Hence, the threat, "Just wait til we get home, Mister," when and if they acted out in public. (Which they didn't often do since they, too, understood the rules early on.)

Squabbling in public among the members of a group only reaffirms an outsider's opinion that none of them really knows what's going on and makess them all too aware that if they cannot manage to negotiate amongst themselves that they are certainly not going to be able to negotiate with outsiders.

I think that the article is trying to say that these select few newcomers (for lack of a better word) don't really care since they do not really identify themselves as Republican party members who are bound by the "rules" of the Republican party. (Have I got that right? I admit to reading through the article rather quickly and very tiredly so I could be wrong.)

If that's the case, and I am reading it correctly, then perhaps they ought to have the courage of their convictions and not run under the auspices of The Republican Party.

This is not to say that all members of a political party must (or even should) agree on everything - all members of a group are, first and foremost, individuals. However, when presenting themselves to the public they should at least attempt to show a united front and keep their squabbling mostly internal.

If the party is that odious to them - then it's probably time to leave the party.
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +887 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

Both parties are fractured, splintered ... whatever. They end up going in the direction of where the big money comes in - money decides it. Romney is getting the lion's share of the $$$ - for better or worse the party is headed in his direction with a slight flavor of Bachman ideals thrown in.
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

I think you're right to a large extent....but The Dems have always had contention among themselves. It's one of the reasons they often fail to accomplish anything.

Republican's strongest suit has always been, traditionally, to stick together and vote as a block.

If they lose that they will accomplish much less.

Not a bad thing from a liberal point of view.
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +266 / 10 / -26

Yea I did...

Is there going to be a pop quiz????
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011