PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Analyzing the Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
sarge said:
He nailed Harrison for a huge play while running and hopping off his back foot a few minutes ago.

True enough, but it's not like Seattle's been running tight coverage either. Especially on a guy like Harrison which boggles the mind.

Manning is good as always. Addai made a few good plays like the catch and run but other times it was just bad. Like 3rd and 1 and he just stops and gets pounded back....

THE COLTS BACKUPS ARE TERRIBLE. And to win a SB you should have some good backups to your starters.

Off Topic but, boy is the NBC halftime crew embarrassingly bad.

Just looking at some halftime stats. Addai is averaging just less than 2 yards per carry...lol. Rhodes a little above two. Some great RBs they have.

Slagathor said:
True enough, but it's not like Seattle's been running tight coverage either. Especially on a guy like Harrison which boggles the mind.

Your right, guys have been wide open.

Problem is, these guys get open in the regular season as well.

And besides, this is the Colts, if a defender stands within 5 yards of a colt receiver they are flagged.

Its a good thing we've already won 3 huh? How bout them Colts? Number 4 is on deck

Yankees/Colts said:
Patriots proved that last year.

Injuries did kill our depth last year, but 2nd round of the playoffs is not bad considering.

It's not like we choked....again.

If the only thing you have to worry about with the Colts running game is stopping the big play, there's nothing stopping teams from starting in the nickel and just adding DBs from there. Geez, Rodney Harrison can keep the big plays away from the running attack practically all by his lonesome.

I still have nightmares of that opening game in Foxboro a few years ago when Edgerrin James ran for 6-9 yards on every single carry he got. Now that's a running attack to go with the Colts play-action passing.

Gee, Peyton Manning looking good in a preseason game. I'm so impressed.
;)

Rhodes a little above two

The stats don't tell the whole story. Rhodes looked really good. He showed some good moves and had one long play brought back on a bogus call. His average was low because he got killed in the backfield a few times on offensive line breakdowns - no fault of his own.

He looked better than Edgerrin James did yesterday.

Beyond all that, the Colt offense is not and has never been about the running back. Seattle was in the Superbowl last year and Peyton is able to go up and down the field pretty much at will against them, even with 2 yards a carry from the backs.

The pass sets up the run with the Colts not vice versa.

Yankees/Colts said:
The stats don't tell the whole story. Rhodes looked really good. He showed some good moves and had one long play brought back on a bogus call. His average was low because he got killed in the backfield a few times on offensive line breakdowns - no fault of his own.

He looked better than Edgerrin James did yesterday.

Beyond all that, the Colt offense is not and has never been about the running back. Seattle was in the Superbowl last year and Peyton is able to go up and down the field pretty much at will against them, even with 2 yards a carry from the backs.

The pass sets up the run with the Colts not vice versa.
Yeah, all because the Patriots front seven is so good. Plus we had backups in at some spots. :)

Geez, refs still love the Colts, DB with the cheap shot. :rolleyes:

It's not like we choked

You did choke against Denver - your nemesis.

Who are you kidding?

Brady choked and handed them the game on a silver platter.

How many other turnovers did you have? That was the dictionary definition of a choke. It wasn't simply a hard fought game you happened to come up short in. You gave the game away.

Yankees/Colts said:
Patriots proved that last year.

The 2003 Pats SB team had the most games by different starters then any other in SB history.

THey had 80 something.

The next closest was the 49ers with 40 something.

So the Pats have absolutely proven what depth means.

The 2004 Pats SB team had freaking Troy Brown at defensive back! I would wager they had one of the highest injury rates in the league as well.

That team smoked the Colts with Seymour out due to injury.

So the Pats have absolutely proved it!

Yankees/Colts said:

Who are you kidding?

How many other turnovers did you have? That was the dictionary definition of a choke. It wasn't simply a hard fought game you happened to come up short in. You gave the game away.
He said "At least we didnt choke AGAIN"

I'd rather have 3 SB's and choke once then have 0 SB's and choke every year. ;)

Yankees/Colts said:

Who are you kidding?

Patriots own the longest regular season win streak at 18.

They own the longest post season win streak at 10.

They own the longest win streak period at 21.

Eventually, you will lose at some point. You don't just continue to win for ever.

But it is nice to know that when you finally do lose, you have set every major winning steak record in the history of the NFL!

Yankees/Colts said:

Who are you kidding?

Manning looks amazing!
Brady looks about 2 months behind in terms of being ready for the season. But then again, Brady has only a few weapons compared to what Manning does at WR! I am sure Brady will come around and show us all again, why he is the guy you want to win that one game....but Manning is just the better QB full out...sorry, but it's true. I wouldn't trade Brady due to the Clutch factor, but when I watch Manning I find myself saying 'wow' too many times to ignore!

Yankees/Colts said:

Who are you kidding?

A mark of a great QB is succeeding in pivotal games more than you fail.

Montana, Favre, Elway didn't win all the big games but won most of them.
At times they got their butts handed to them.

After 3 great playoff/SB performances, I think Brady can get the benefit of the doubt for one bad performance.

Drewwho said:
Manning looks amazing!
Brady looks about 2 months behind in terms of being ready for the season. But then again, Brady has only a few weapons compared to what Manning does at WR! I am sure Brady will come around and show us all again, why he is the guy you want to win that one game....but Manning is just the better QB full out...sorry, but it's true. I wouldn't trade Brady due to the Clutch factor, but when I watch Manning I find myself saying 'wow' too many times to ignore!

Listen to yourself. Give Peyton Reche Caldwell, Bam Childress and 3 guys he's never heard of at WR and he self destructs. He persistently can't win when it matters with the most elite offensive weapons in the AFC. The best QB is the guy who wins the most, and can win with the least. Manning is just a prolific passer, and in the playoffs he isn't even that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back