PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Analyzing the Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I'm watching their game against Seattle and a thought comes to mind.

Neither Rhodes or Addai bring Edgerrin James quality to the running game. Sure they have moments of good production, but neither initially seem like they'll be close to being as scary as James.

SO HERE"S WHAT I"M THINKING.

Let them try to consistantly run against you and concentrate on beating the pulp out of Manning, bringing sick pressure every down.

Manning is rattle-able as we know so bring the house every down.

It will be fun to at least watch him get beat up.

Slagathor said:

Neither Rhodes or Addai bring Edgerrin James quality to the running game. Sure they have moments of good production, but neither initially seem like they'll be close to being as scary as James.

Let them try to consistantly run against you and concentrate on beating the pulp out of Manning, bringing sick pressure every down.

are u watching it on nbc??

is it all weird and in spanish??

yes im serious,

Every team in every sport fall into the same trap. They think they can easily overcome the loss of a star player.

Sure we've had losses as well, Willie and Adam to name a few but losing a 1200-1500 yrd back is huge!

Only time will tell but I'm with and am going to enjoy watching them without a serious running attack!

Keegs said:
are u watching it on nbc??

is it all weird and in spanish??

yes im serious,

No, it sounds fine.

Actually Madden sounds like he speaking some other indecipherable language accompanied by lots of belching.

Other than that it sounds fine.

Last edited:
Slagathor said:
No, it sounds fine.

Actually Madden sounds like he speaking some other indecipherable language accompanied by lots of belching.

Other than that it sounds fine.
wtf.
here all the commercials and everything are fine and in english.......
but its spanish speaking people for the game.

when it first started it was all screwed up, the sound was completely messed up, there were player announcements when al michaels was trying to talk....

then it switched and it was spanish and a spanish guy was being shaun alexander for the interview...

weird. Sounds better than most madden games tho.

I see what you're saying but with Addai's speed, I don't think you can completely ignore their running game, that's just asking for a long TD run.

Watching this game though, even without a strong running game right now, they're making the passing game look easy.

The loss of James definately does make the team a little easier to defend but with all the talent they still have, defenses still better be ready to play or they're going to get smoked.

Slagathor said:

No running game nor defense will make even the best QB horrible. They have no idea how bad they are screwed without James.

Crazy Patriot Guy said:
I see what you're saying but with Addai's speed, I don't think you can completely ignore their running game, that's just asking for a long TD run.

Watching this game though, even without a strong running game right now, they're making the passing game look easy.

The loss of James definately does make the team a little easier to defend but with all the talent they still have, defenses still better be ready to play or they're going to get smoked.

They have great receivers, no doubt. Mannings passing ability is unquestionable.

But once you get Manning moving/rolling, that passing efficiency degrades in a big way.

From the Colts, here is what I see.

The bad (or rather the good from our perspective). Adai looks like total crap. Very indecisive when he gets the ball. Does not look like a day one pick let alone first rounder.

The good (bad from our perspective). Manning looks phenominal. The receivers are totally in synch with Manning. The defense look decent, probably good when you consider Seattle has a great offense.

Seattle looks very vanilla playing a lot of cover-2 which you don't do against Manning.

PS: Am I the only one who dislikes Shaun Alexander? He's dogging it tonight clearly and he always seems to have a me-first attitude. Remember two years ago when Holmgren wouldn't let him set the touchdown record? He complained like a little baby.

Slagathor said:
But once you get Manning moving/rolling, that passing efficiency degrades in a big way.

He nailed Harrison for a huge play while running and hopping off his back foot a few minutes ago.

Ichiro said:
Seattle looks very vanilla playing a lot of cover-2 which you don't do against Manning.

PS: Am I the only one who dislikes Shaun Alexander? He's dogging it tonight clearly and he always seems to have a me-first attitude. Remember two years ago when Holmgren wouldn't let him set the touchdown record? He complained like a little baby.

Agreed on all points.

Although even last year, other than Alexander, Seattle was not a scary team to me. Indy, Cincy, and Carolina seemed more formidable regardless of the eventual outcome.

Alexander is a ****y little turd.

Too funny, they are dogging out the officials from the SB saying the Hawks got screwed!

I'm envisioning that 4 TE offense of ours on 2nd and goal from the 3 against this small, quick Colt defense.

BOOM.

TD.

Maroney hits the hole like a freight train.

Addai hits it like a shopping cart on a windy day.

Colts are also gonna have a huge depth issue.

Last week and this one, their 2nd and 3rd stringers look weak.

My analysis:

Offense looked unstoppable for the second week in a row. They weren't clicking until about game 5 last year.

Rhodes showed some excellent moves. He had one long play called back on a bogus call.

Marvin Harrison is awesome.

Defense looked pretty good considering half the starters are missing.

Special teams so far - bad, gave the Seahawks a short field twice and 2 scores. Many starters missing from the special teams though.

Addai is starting slowly.

Sorgi stinks.

Colts are missing the punter, kicker and kick returner as well.

Addai, now with some excellent runs...

Last edited:
Yankees/Colts said:
My analysis:

Offense looked unstoppable for the second week in a row. They weren't clicking until about game 5 last year.

Rhodes showed some excellent moves. He had one long play called back on a bogus call.

Marvin Harrison is awesome.

Defense looked pretty good considering half the starters are missing.

Special teams so far - bad, gave the Seahawks a short field twice and 2 scores. Many starters missing from the special teams though.

Addai is starting slowly.

Sorgi stinks.

Colts are missing the punter, kicker and kick returner as well.

The offense looks very good, but unstoppable is a homerish stretch.

Addai has looked very slow, indecisive and not as powerful a runner as I thought he could be.

Rhodes looks OK but historically either runs very hot or disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back