Welcome to PatsFans.com

Analysts Upbeat about the economy...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Dec 22, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

As much as people want gloom, doom and failure.. here is some good news on the economy for a change.

Analysts upbeat at year's end | POLITICO 44

2. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

And

I'm not knocking it. We're all hoping things will get a lot better and sooner rather than later. But even Roger Bootle, the head of the UK based Capital Economics, says no one can be certain what will happen. And he predicts real estate (in the UK at least) to go down even further next year. There's still no real consumer confidence and without that there will be no substantial recovery.

3. Kdo5

Kdo5 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +140 / 8 / -7

Tell it to my father whose worried about his business not making any money in the next six months due to clients unable to pay up. Or tell it to the hundreds of thousands losing jobs each month. Tell it to my uncles all of whom are now out of work. Talk about the percentage of economic growth, I'll believe the economy is getting better when I start seeing the results first hand.

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Depends what you consider "upbeat" I guess. GDP growth and no official recession, sure. But most analysts expect very slow growth compared to what we normally get coming out of recessions.