PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Analyst high on Chung

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this link in Reiss's pieces.

Diamonds in the rough: D rookies on faster track - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

What do our resident draft experts think? I've never seen him play, but it sure sounds promising.

(if this has already been posted, oops, didnt see it on pg 1) ;)

YouTube - Patrick Chung Blocking

this is all I needed to see on Patrick Chung.

after the INT watch for #15 on the upper left hand side of the screen.....

BAM!

then keep watching him.....

BAM!

I'm excited about Chung. A tough SS who runs a 4.5, works extremely hard, is bright, hits hard, tackles well, and loves football? Yes, please.

That sums up what I was about to say very nicely.

Well, doesnt that mean he mustve been pretty smart to enter that young? BB likes those smart guys who can hit. ;)

BB and all us fans are gonna love Chung, he knocks people into other zip codes and is a terrific open field tackler.....

I was hoping for Chung at #58, figuring that was a decent slot to get him. Maybe with our other mid-round second. When BB pulled the trigger on him at #34 anything reservations I may have had vanished. I'm really looking forward to seeing this kid in action.

If he turns out like this guys says we may see him pushing Sanders for
the start sooner than we might expect.

I'm probably the only person on this board that wouldn't be surprised if Chung started the season opener. In fact, I hope he starts. Chung does one thing that Sanders can't do and that is hit people. Although BB may say that Sanders knows the defense well, he is practically invisible on the field. Sanders can't cover, takes poor angles and rarely makes a play. The one play that did it for me was back in '07 at Indy when he had a clear shot at saving a Joseph Addai touchdown right before the half. Instead, Sanders took a poor angle and waited for Addai to juke him out of his shoes. When Chung picks up the defense is when Sanders will be with the second team.

Last edited:
YouTube - Patrick Chung Blocking

this is all I needed to see on Patrick Chung.

after the INT watch for #15 on the upper left hand side of the screen.....

BAM!

then keep watching him.....

BAM!

That's a great video of Chung... I believe that's 2 Michigan linemen he levels.
One of then was drafted pretty high too.... Just sayin' :cool:

I'm probably the only person on this board that wouldn't be surprised if Chung started the season opener. In fact, I hope he starts.

I'm right there with you. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does.

Everyone Wang Chung tonite!

Watching him sends a tingle down my leg!

no it doesn't...drinking too much BEER sends a tinkle down your leg...oh wait...tingle....nevermind

All this talk of Chung makes me want his jersey. Do they even make jersies for second-rounders?

Brother, they will make a jersey for players not even BORN yet if you want to pay the bucks. Go to the Patriot Store online and look for it. I'm sure they're already in stock.

All this talk of Chung makes me want his jersey. Do they even make jersies for second-rounders?

I just looked through the proshop online, and no, nothing yet on Chung. Ill go ahead and predict that by week 1, they have em for sale :D

I'm right there with you. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does.

I kind of suspect that all of the turnover at CB will put an extra premium on Sanders' knowledge/leadership early in the season.

Cant wait to get Sanders out of there I have him ranked about 30 across the league we definately needed an upgrade.

Hoping he starts the season.

Cant wait to get Sanders out of there I have him ranked about 30 across the league we definately needed an upgrade.

Hoping he starts the season.

Considering he just signed a three year deal, that sucks for you!

Just a follow up, from Gasper:

Christopher Gasper: I don't think James Sanders is inconsistent. I think he's a very steady, but not spectacular presence in the secondary. The one thing I think the Patriots would like to see out of Sanders is more game-changing plays. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes and executes his assignments, but he had just one pick last season. I don't think Chung will be able to overtake Sanders this season because Sanders knows the defense better and is the chief communicator in the secondary.

Somewhere out there, DW Toys is quietly wiping a tear from his eye.

Just a follow up, from Gasper:

Somewhere out there, DW Toys is quietly wiping a tear from his eye.
One of gratitude and joy I presume?

I'm excited about Chung. A tough SS who runs a 4.5, works extremely hard, is bright, hits hard, tackles well, and loves football? Yes, please.

It took Meriweather two full years before he started playing regularly with the defense during games. Chung has been on the field lots the past three games already as a rookie, making his presence felt on the defense.

Its amazing how all these threads start about a guy after a few highlight reel hits.

Chung looks very promising but its too early to be completely sold on the guy.

Yeah this thread necromancy was totally necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes