PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An unrelated ESPN scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN edited a Goodell story wherein they STATED that Goodell was a lawyer. He is not nor has he ever even been CLOSE to a law degree.

This raises an interesting question of how pages on their website get made and edited.

Let me simply say this: it's more likely that you actually do have a rogue here changing the pages than there is that the Patriots were intentionally deflating the balls.

ESPN edited a Goodell story wherein they STATED that Goodell was a lawyer. He is not nor has he ever even been CLOSE to a law degree.

Editing out a factual error is always the right thing to do. Opinions can differ strongly about how clearly you should leave acknowledgment of the previous error, but editing in such cases is right.

This anecdote, however, is about editing previous opinions, with the only effect of that editing being to make the opinion writer look better.

I see the difference you allude to but I would like to add this...Goodell sat for and subsequently saw the original ESPN piece and did NOTHING to dispel the notion that he WAS a lawyer. It was not until complaints were made TO ESPN, and believe it or not, I was ONE of the complainers, that the network finally edited their original piece. This is 100% true and I have the documentation archived to prove it, as I'm sure the others who complained do also.

ESPN is not having a good week. There is also a rumor going around that Merrill Hodge has been moonlighting for years as a Crash Test Dummy !

SOURCES BELIEVE PATRIOTS BEHIND DRAFT RANKINGS EDIT
By Chris Mortensen/ESPN

Sources close to ESPN NBA analyst Chad Ford have confirmed that they are investigating claims that the New England Patriots retroactively changed pre-draft rankings to make Chad Ford look better. The Patriots are renowned for pushing the envelope on what's legal and what's not although it remains unclear what their end game was here. Although the Patriots beat the Colts comfortably in last weeks AFC Championship game sources close to the NFL are said to be furious that they may have done so after altering Chad Ford pre-draft rankings and are sure to punish the Patriots for this latest crime against integrity. Speaking at the ProBowl Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said "It's the Patriots, they knew what they were doing. I don't know how it helped them, but it probably did. The league should obliterate them for this, I'm so angry about this and I don't know why, I just hate the Pats, man" before later adding "I love the Patriots, Bill Belichick is a great friend and true inspiration".

Respected ESPN football analyst Mark Brunnell, who has always been used by the network and hasn't just been wheeled out to pile on the Patriots, said he doesn't believe New England, who claim ignorance when it comes to this latest scandal to affect their franchise. "Look, New England say they have nothing to do with this, but I don't believe them" sobbed tinfoil hat wearing Brunnell, "I mean I didn't have a job last week, no-one knows who I am. Hating on New England gets me paid, so yeah, they did this." Although no evidence has surfaced as yet to even remotely link New England to ChadFordGate sources tell me they are likely to be fined, lose all their draft picks and be suspended from the Superbowl for 5 years if found guilty.

More to follow

Poll: Do you think the Patriots are guilty of retroactively tampering with ESPN pre draft NBA rankings?

* Yes
* Of Course

What a dope I am, always thought that Goodell had a legal background... guess being a Jet's rumpswab is close..

Actually, in the past he has acted as judge, jury and executioner. That's close.

By Chris Mortensen/ESPN

Sources close to ESPN NBA analyst Chad Ford have confirmed that they are investigating claims that the New England Patriots retroactively changed pre-draft rankings to make Chad Ford look better. The Patriots are renowned for pushing the envelope on what's legal and what's not although it remains unclear what their end game was here. Although the Patriots beat the Colts comfortably in last weeks AFC Championship game sources close to the NFL are said to be furious that they may have done so after altering Chad Ford pre-draft rankings and are sure to punish the Patriots for this latest crime against integrity. Speaking at the ProBowl Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said "It's the Patriots, they knew what they were doing. I don't know how it helped them, but it probably did. The league should obliterate them for this, I'm so angry about this and I don't know why, I just hate the Pats, man" before later adding "I love the Patriots, Bill Belichick is a great friend and true inspiration".

Respected ESPN football analyst Mark Brunnell, who has always been used by the network and hasn't just been wheeled out to pile on the Patriots, said he doesn't believe New England, who claim ignorance when it comes to this latest scandal to affect their franchise. "Look, New England say they have nothing to do with this, but I don't believe them" sobbed tinfoil hat wearing Brunnell, "I mean I didn't have a job last week, no-one knows who I am. Hating on New England gets me paid, so yeah, they did this." Although no evidence has surfaced as yet to even remotely link New England to ChadFordGate sources tell me they are likely to be fined, lose all their draft picks and be suspended from the Superbowl for 5 years if found guilty.

More to follow

Poll: Do you think the Patriots are guilty of retroactively tampering with ESPN pre draft NBA rankings?

* Yes
* Of Course
Brilliant^

Really not surprised. This maybe a little OT too but does anyone else read the comments under ESPN's articles? I have no idea why I do that to myself. That corporation attracts the dumbest people ever.

Username and Dikembe should be working at The Onion.

Not OT at all, given ESPN's retroactive scrubbing of Mortenson's initial report from their national site and their total elimination of the Sports Science video with the results positive to the Patriots case.

History belongs to those who write it and they intend to create that.

By Chris Mortensen/ESPN

More to follow

* Yes
* Of Course

This is awesome, but it should be noted that you unfairly omitted the "Probably" option at the end.

What a dope I am, always thought that Goodell had a legal background... guess being a Jet's rumpswab is close..
What's interesting is that he was a PR/Ops guy...two of the leagues biggest problems.

Really not surprised. This maybe a little OT too but does anyone else read the comments under ESPN's articles? I have no idea why I do that to myself. That corporation attracts the dumbest people ever.
I stopped reading those. The number of uneducated people in this country is astounding.

What's interesting is that he was a PR/Ops guy...two of the leagues biggest problems.

Here's an interesting tidbit also. I remember having a conversation with Joker about this when I first arrived here.

In 2007 I was arguing with Jets fans about Goodell's first job being as a Jets intern, and when I went back to Wikipedia to confirm what I already knew, the timeline had been radically changed. Instead of being listed as a Jets intern in 1982 and then in the league office in 1984, it had been changed to league office in 1982, Jets intern in 1983 and back to the league office in 1984. Why would anyone change that or believe it?

Here's an interesting tidbit also. I remember having a conversation with Joker about this when I first arrived here.

In 2007 I was arguing with Jets fans about Goodell's first job being as a Jets intern, and when I went back to Wikipedia to confirm what I already knew, the timeline had been radically changed. Instead of being listed as a Jets intern in 1982 and then in the league office in 1984, it had been changed to league office in 1982, Jets intern in 1983 and back to the league office in 1984. Why would anyone change that or believe it?
Downright strange. Very insecure man.

I washed dishes and bused tables at a restaurant and worked for a mason in 1988. Big deal?

Seriously, do you think he could pass a Bar exam????

I stopped reading those. The number of uneducated people in this country is astounding.

But they, apparently, are unaware of their deficiencies since they feel free to parade them in front of the entire country on the intertubes thus making utter fools of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back