PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An Unlikely Compliment for TB12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of a defensive player's perception of a QB's toughness is how calm he is in the face of a hit. And Brady of course excels at that. To that I'd add:
  • In his entire career, Brady has had only one injury that caused him to miss games and only one other that caused him to miss more than a play or two. (And few if any even of those.) (Knock-on-Joker's-head that the streak continues.)
  • Brady excels at QB sneaks, and gladly calls his own number on them. I'm pretty sure that those typically get the QB hit harder than do other kinds of rushing plays, although a "running QB" will of course take more hits overall.

Tom Brady is a tough son of a .............

This is very similar to what Strahan and Tuck both said about Brady after the SB that shall not be mentioned (though I'm mentioning it LOL). The only people who call Tom a cry baby are people who hate him. The man is a warrior, among many many other incredible things.

Pom Pom Pete. Unreal that guy

Here's a quote from Justin Tuck :

"He’s not [a clean-cut guy],” Tuck said of Brady. “Obviously me playing against him it sounds like I’m throwing shade at him, but it’s not. He’s the ultimate competitor. It’s hard for me to say this, but he’s one of the quarterbacks that I respect in this league.

“Just to give you an example: in [Super Bowl XLII] I think we hit him 26 times. It didn’t flap him at all. It was like, ‘Okay you hit me for the 23rd time, well I’m still here.’ And I’ve seen quarterbacks quit, especially back in those days. Me, Osi [Umenyiora] and [Strahan] used to have quarterbacks literally tap out. That night I got a lot of respect for Tom, and I still do, because he’s the ultimate competitor.”

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/29/justin-tuck-tom-brady-is-the-ultimate-competitor/

Bottom line:

Nobody knows who the tough QBs are in this league the way the pass-rushing DTs do. And those guys are highly impressed with Brady.

More verbosely, I'd add:
  • Brady is pretty perfect in toughness for his role. He takes hits when it makes sense, without fear, and he avoids them when it makes sense and he can do so.
  • I've always thought this is probably a big part of why his teammates respect him so. I can't be sure; when they explain why, they rattle off long lists of admirable qualities. But I think this one is very high on the real list.

uumm... And it is the Carson Palmer rule that they are thinking of. That's the rule about not hitting the QB's knees.

They should call it the Pittsburgh Steelers rule. They're the team that got Palmer and almost got Brady in 2001.

Last edited:
That one in 01 still pisses me off, so late and so cheap.

Yup, but they couldn't stop the Pats or Brady. They did manage to derail Carson Palmer's career though.

That whole article was actually a pretty good piece of quotes from Bennet, he's an interesting person. Huge compliments for Brady and he also disses Tannehill pretty good. I like him right now.

That whole article was actually a pretty good piece of quotes from Bennet, he's an interesting person. Huge compliments for Brady and he also disses Tannehill pretty good. I like him right now.

But he also said Brady should have been suspended for 8 games, so get your hate back.

haters don't want the truth. they don't want to hear the truth. they don't want to see the truth. they saw brady asking for calls few times and they just made up their mind that he is a weak crybaby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes