PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An RB will definately fall to us in the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only one I am interested in for the first round is Lendale White, the others are too small.

Plus, Addai is there in the 2nd.

addai might not be there by the time we pick

plus maroney and williams are pretty damn good

patsfan55 said:
addai might not be there by the time we pick

plus maroney and williams are pretty damn good

Williams and Maroney are both good backs, but they don't fit our system as well. I'll concede for Williams, I suppose, because he impressed me at Memphis, but Maroney isn't as good as Williams or White.

Even if Addai isn't there, this draft is so deep at RB that we can take someone later.

drpatriot said:
Williams and Maroney are both good backs, but they don't fit our system as well. I'll concede for Williams, I suppose, because he impressed me at Memphis, but Maroney isn't as good as Williams or White.

Even if Addai isn't there, this draft is so deep at RB that we can take someone later.

Dont fit our system meaning they are not slow and have the ability to break an 80 yard run.

I remember watching the Super Bowl and seeing willie parker just jet through the seahawks D for 80 yards, and couldnt remember the last time a Pats RB did that. Even in 04 Dillon never gave us the breakaway threat.

If White falls to 21 it will be tough to not pull the trigger on him. I wouldn't mind seeing Lendale carrying the rock for us. Not sure how Corey would feel about it but I don't think he has more than 2 years production left in him.... No offense, Corey! :rocker:

Feep_FLA said:
Not sure how Corey would feel about it but I don't think he has more than 2 years production left in him.... No offense, Corey! :rocker:
I'm hoping, not expecting, to see the 2004 Dillon next year. I know he was banged up and the OL was changing a lot. But I can't help but think back to the opening game vs. Oakland when Brady got in his face and wonder whether Dillon came back as the same guy in 2005.

BelichickFan said:
I'm hoping, not expecting, to see the 2004 Dillon next year. I know he was banged up and the OL was changing a lot.

I'm just hoping for the 2001 and 2003 A. Smith frankly. If Corey can do what Antowain did in those years and just keep people from discounting our run game altogether, not only will it help our passing game, it will see Tom get hit a lot less too.

R_T26 said:
Dont fit our system meaning they are not slow and have the ability to break an 80 yard run.

I remember watching the Super Bowl and seeing willie parker just jet through the seahawks D for 80 yards, and couldnt remember the last time a Pats RB did that. Even in 04 Dillon never gave us the breakaway threat.

You'll find most succesful teams use power runners.

That's because you can pass the ball for long yardage.

As much as I would love to see a young running back on this team I would much rather them draft for the D in the first and second. 3rd round is the soonest I would want them to get a RB. But that is just my preference.

Last edited:
Dont see the need to spend our first round pick at RB when we have Dillon, Faulk and Pass under contract... plus we have a historic class at LB and McGinest, TJ and Phifer all needing replacement... why think RB at all?

rookBoston said:
Dont see the need to spend our first round pick at RB when we have Dillon, Faulk and Pass under contract... plus we have a historic class at LB and McGinest, TJ and Phifer all needing replacement... why think RB at all?
I tottaly aggree! I would love to see a combo of any of these guys in the first 3 rounds. Lawson, Marshall, Wimbley, Parham.
I would also like for the pats to take a project gamble on Jon Alston in the 4th. But not at OLB. I would like to seee them try and convert him into a SS. A bit like the seahawks did with Boulware.

rookBoston said:

Yes. We do need to draft for runningback this year. The runningback situation isn't that good at all. As far as linebackers go...I wouldn't rule out a pick in the draft...along with safety, cornerback, wide reciever, and even possibly kicker.

Last edited:
If Lendale White is available at 21 how in the world can they NOT draft him. He's the pefect back for the patriots. I have believed all along we would go defense in the first round and was all for it but it looks like he might be there at 21. What a dilemma!

Take it for whats its worth but scouts inc. said that if White is in reach the Patriots would take him. But the lack of a running game had a lot to do with the undoing in Denver (I know I know 5 turnovers will too). But Denver blitzed way to much because they had no fear of the run. Plus history shows us Dillon probably wont come back. 31 is the death age for RB's. look @ Martin he went from rush champ to fall off the map, eddie george etc. When you have a player special like Brady you should do everything to protect him and maximize his talents. The guy has been protected by undrafted and practice squad right tackles, a guard who didnt even play College football (luckily Neal is actually good). Plus the Pats cant take the chance that Dillon will return and rely on evans, zeroue, and pass types. Brady got blitzed way too much last year and they need the run threat back.

Feep_FLA said:
If Lendale White is available at 21 how in the world can they NOT draft him. He's the pefect back for the patriots. I have believed all along we would go defense in the first round and was all for it but it looks like he might be there at 21. What a dilemma!

Yeah so was fat ass Ron Dayne, except he had even better college stats...

AzPatsFan said:
Yeah so was fat ass Ron Dayne, except he had even better college stats...

But if you remember, Dayne was a finesse back in a huge body in college. White is a pounder. Plus it appears Dayne will be the Broncos starting RB next year ( which I find ammusing

If top RBs in general, and Lendale White in particular, start dropping towards 21 in the draft, I think we'll see a team or two trade up and beat us to it. (Which will still be fine if it nets us a sweet LB!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots