Welcome to PatsFans.com

An RB will definately fall to us in the draft

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by R_T26, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

if we want one.
  2. drpatriot

drpatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The only one I am interested in for the first round is Lendale White, the others are too small.

Plus, Addai is there in the 2nd.
  3. patsfan55

patsfan55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

addai might not be there by the time we pick

plus maroney and williams are pretty damn good
  4. drpatriot

drpatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Williams and Maroney are both good backs, but they don't fit our system as well. I'll concede for Williams, I suppose, because he impressed me at Memphis, but Maroney isn't as good as Williams or White.

Even if Addai isn't there, this draft is so deep at RB that we can take someone later.
  5. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Dont fit our system meaning they are not slow and have the ability to break an 80 yard run.

I remember watching the Super Bowl and seeing willie parker just jet through the seahawks D for 80 yards, and couldnt remember the last time a Pats RB did that. Even in 04 Dillon never gave us the breakaway threat.
  6. Feep_FLA

Feep_FLA Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If White falls to 21 it will be tough to not pull the trigger on him. I wouldn't mind seeing Lendale carrying the rock for us. Not sure how Corey would feel about it but I don't think he has more than 2 years production left in him.... No offense, Corey! :rocker:
  7. drewdagreat

drewdagreat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

1. White
    2. Williams
    3. Pick one later.
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +453 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm hoping, not expecting, to see the 2004 Dillon next year. I know he was banged up and the OL was changing a lot. But I can't help but think back to the opening game vs. Oakland when Brady got in his face and wonder whether Dillon came back as the same guy in 2005.
  9. smg93

smg93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm just hoping for the 2001 and 2003 A. Smith frankly. If Corey can do what Antowain did in those years and just keep people from discounting our run game altogether, not only will it help our passing game, it will see Tom get hit a lot less too.
  10. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +680 / 6 / -9

#75 Jersey

You shouldn't go out on a limb like that. :D
  11. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +680 / 6 / -9

#75 Jersey

You'll find most succesful teams use power runners.

That's because you can pass the ball for long yardage.
  12. Major **********

Major ********** Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

As much as I would love to see a young running back on this team I would much rather them draft for the D in the first and second. 3rd round is the soonest I would want them to get a RB. But that is just my preference.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  13. rookBoston

rookBoston Rookie

Ratings:
    +57 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

Dont see the need to spend our first round pick at RB when we have Dillon, Faulk and Pass under contract... plus we have a historic class at LB and McGinest, TJ and Phifer all needing replacement... why think RB at all?
  14. Major **********

Major ********** Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I tottaly aggree! I would love to see a combo of any of these guys in the first 3 rounds. Lawson, Marshall, Wimbley, Parham.
    I would also like for the pats to take a project gamble on Jon Alston in the 4th. But not at OLB. I would like to seee them try and convert him into a SS. A bit like the seahawks did with Boulware.
  15. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yes. We do need to draft for runningback this year. The runningback situation isn't that good at all. As far as linebackers go...I wouldn't rule out a pick in the draft...along with safety, cornerback, wide reciever, and even possibly kicker.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  16. Feep_FLA

Feep_FLA Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If Lendale White is available at 21 how in the world can they NOT draft him. He's the pefect back for the patriots. I have believed all along we would go defense in the first round and was all for it but it looks like he might be there at 21. What a dilemma!
  17. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Take it for whats its worth but scouts inc. said that if White is in reach the Patriots would take him. But the lack of a running game had a lot to do with the undoing in Denver (I know I know 5 turnovers will too). But Denver blitzed way to much because they had no fear of the run. Plus history shows us Dillon probably wont come back. 31 is the death age for RB's. look @ Martin he went from rush champ to fall off the map, eddie george etc. When you have a player special like Brady you should do everything to protect him and maximize his talents. The guy has been protected by undrafted and practice squad right tackles, a guard who didnt even play College football (luckily Neal is actually good). Plus the Pats cant take the chance that Dillon will return and rely on evans, zeroue, and pass types. Brady got blitzed way too much last year and they need the run threat back.
  18. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan On the Roster

Ratings:
    +235 / 22 / -10

Yeah so was fat ass Ron Dayne, except he had even better college stats...
  19. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

But if you remember, Dayne was a finesse back in a huge body in college. White is a pounder. Plus it appears Dayne will be the Broncos starting RB next year ( which I find ammusing
  20. shakadave

shakadave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

If top RBs in general, and Lendale White in particular, start dropping towards 21 in the draft, I think we'll see a team or two trade up and beat us to it. (Which will still be fine if it nets us a sweet LB!)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.