PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An Open Letter to Robert Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sound like me. I got picked in the lottery for the Rams but I didn't need to since everyone who went down without tickets got in for face. I shelled out thousands like you for both Panthers and Eagles as well. I remember how many people were outside Reliant before SB 38 without tickets. They all heard the stories about SB 36 and how everyone got in as long as you showed up. There must have been 5,000 pats fans (maybe more)looking for tickets with none available. The lottery seems to be about a zero chance since they guarantee the club seat holders and luxury boxes tickets.That leaves a small amount for the season ticket lottery. PM me after the AFCCG if you are flying solo on tickets and need to pair up with somebody to buy some since most don't sell singles.

Now Crowpointer, you are a true fan (you also know football I might add, as I have a feeling you'll be winning this years predict the score contest:)), and I'll keep that in mind regarding contacting you. I'm more likely to pay thousands for a ticket this time, than I was two months before my very expensive wedding.:)

Alot of great posts (with the exception of one maroon who will remain nameless). The point is, that real Patriot fans have such limited access to tickets, or less access than non-fans with corporate ties and that kind of blows. Can it be fixed? Don't know. Should it be? Definitely.

I just don't understand why an open letter to Bob Kraft isn't a thank-you note. I mean really, I expected to be able to come in here and add my thank-yous as well. And instead it's whining about SB tickets. We've played/won Superbowls!!!! Thank the man!

Now Crowpointer, you are a true fan (you also know football I might add, as I have a feeling you'll be winning this years predict the score contest:)), and I'll keep that in mind regarding contacting you. I'm more likely to pay thousands for a ticket this time, than I was two months before my very expensive wedding.:)

Alot of great posts (with the exception of one maroon who will remain nameless). The point is, that real Patriot fans have such limited access to tickets, or less access than non-fans with corporate ties and that kind of blows. Can it be fixed? Don't know. Should it be? Definitely.

I don't think Kraft had any idea that he would be guaranteeing club seat holders SB tickets for so many Super Bowls when he sold them the club seats. I remember going into my office after we beat the Colts in the AFCCG and this guy who had club seats already knew he had SB tickets. I went online later to find out I didn't:( . The whole SB ticket market is like it's own little stock market. You have to know when to pull the trigger. For SB 38 the price bottomed out on Saturday morning at $1000 a ticket. I got nervous saturday afternoon and pulled the trigger at $1500. My buddies who waited til sunday morning ended paying $2500 early and by game time it was well over $3000. With Philly I went to a Broker before I left since I found waiting it out whether I was going to get a ticket ruined my saturday in Houston the SB before. Lets go Tampa/Seattle ect and keep those prices down.

You are not entitled to go to the Super Bowl just because you root for the Patriots.

You are not entitled to have the laws of supply and demand supplanted just because you sat through rough years and bad weather.

It would be nice if the Patriots made an effort to make sure every ticket they controlled went to fans who were hardcore-Lord knows the crowd and Gillette sucks balls when it comes to enthusiasm for the team. But the reality is that this is a business and you need to be content with the idea that you either need to pay out the ass to get tickets or enjoy the game in the comfort of your own home.

If you don't have connections the SB is definately for those with deep pockets.

For guys like me, we get the parades. Been to all 3. :rocker: And both World Series parades. I'll take what I can get.

There is no way in hell that I will be able to afford Super Bowl tickets. I live near enough to Arizona that I could get there easily enough, but the tickets are just too expensive. I don't mind, though, since, assuming that the Pats make it to the SB, I'll be too busy being happy that they're there to be disapppointed that I can't see it in person.

Businesses and rich people are willing to pay more than regular joes can afford, and can you really, honestly blame the Pats for taking more money? I know I can't.

If I am not mistaken the salary cap is a percentage of the TV revenue and the "corporate" revenue and stadium revenue is reserved for the team.

No, you are mistaken. Almost all revenue is included in the leaguewide "total revenue" figure, and the salary cap is a percentage of that figure (59% or so). That includes ticket revenue, advertising revenue, parking and concession revenue, merchandise and licensing revenue, internet and NFL Network revenue, and most game stadium revenue. I think there are still some minor exceptions here and there but in general the last CBA eliminated most of them.

Businesses and rich people are willing to pay more than regular joes can afford, and can you really, honestly blame the Pats for taking more money? I know I can't.

Your premise is wrong.
It's not the Pats geting that money.
It's the people re-selling the SB tix that are geting the money.

Even though I personally have no desire to go to the SB even at 'list' price I sympathise with ordinary folks being victimized by profiteers.

No, you are mistaken. Almost all revenue is included in the leaguewide "total revenue" figure, and the salary cap is a percentage of that figure (59% or so). That includes ticket revenue, advertising revenue, parking and concession revenue, merchandise and licensing revenue, internet and NFL Network revenue, and most game stadium revenue. I think there are still some minor exceptions here and there but in general the last CBA eliminated most of them.

Thanks for the correction.

However it is still the "average" fan who buys jerseys, buys advertised products, buys pizza and beer at the stadium and pays for parking that provide the lion's share of the revenue to teams.

I have been a season ticket holder for many years.

In 1985 we went to the SB and EVERY season ticket holder got a seat. I went, and well, you know, it was a disaster. But I went, and it was an experience regardless of the loss.

The fans that support this team DESERVE the tickets.

I know much more than I am saying, but there are people that I know that are "connected" and get to go to the SB every year. While others, like me, and many others that go to every game get the short end of the stick.

It stinks. I do not like it.

The lottery should include minimum 5000 seats. Those tickets should be drawn upon in a fair and square method. If you won the prior year, you should be OUT for the following year.

Kraft, you used to be a season ticket holder. You should know better. Remember, there are good years and bad. When the bad years come, people will remember.

I wish I was the owner of the Pats. There would not be one single seat sold to anyone that was not a season ticket holder. So, I make less money. Well, when you are worth millions, it is hardly a problem.

Fix it Kraft.

Great points. Since Kraft touts the "I was a ST holder and a fan" mantra he should fix this abuse of power, if he still really cares about the fans. Save seats for the 'beautiful people' since it's your business but put a decent number out in a lottery for long time ST holders.

Note: I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch by posting this now, but this gives the most time for action. What action, I don't exactly know.

This is an open letter to Robert Kraft, even though I have no clue if he'd ever read this site. This is one I've wanted to post for a very long time.

Why can't the good, honest, life long Patriot fans get tickets for the Super Bowl?

I am like so many other fans on Patsfans.com. Most of us:

1. Have spent thousands of dollars on Patriots jackets, jerseys, caps, coats, etc. over the years.
2. Have spent thousands of dollars going to regular season Patriot games in Miami, Phoenix, Baltimore, Cinncinnati, Washington etc.
3. Supported our Patriot teams, that had overwhelming losing records, sitting on the cold aluminum benches, screaming our voices horse, in the old days.
4. Travelled to at least one (in my case New Orleans in '86 and Houston for Sbowl 38) Super Bowl location without tickets, and were shut out from getting into the game.

While down celebrating with other fans at the Super Bowl festivities, you bump into a slew of folks whose corporate connections got them tickets for the game, although they can't name a player on either team. The true fans watch the game at a bar.

The lowest price my wife and I found for tickets in Houston was $5000.00 for two tickets, so we chose to eat and keep our electicity on instead.

Mr. Kraft, corporate smoozing may help one's pocketbook, but we know you to be for the fan. We are the fans. We are the ones that can't get to most games.

What would give your team a better edge towards winning Super Bowl number 4? A stadium full of corporate slugs sipping hot chocolate, who couldn't care less about your team, or thousands of rabid, yelling and screaming Patriot fans, being the ULTIMATE 12th Man for your team?

The first 5 Super Bowls this team was in were for the the companies and corporations. Maybe you can see to it that this one is for we DIEHARD Patriot fans?

Thank you,

A Diehard, Real, Life Long, New England Patriot Fan

You need to write your Congressman and ask why tickets to entertainment, like sports tickets, are tax deductible.

The average person doesn't get to deduct their enjoyment from their taxes.

i will spend more than 50 bucks for a ticket. 5000 dollars.? it is a house down payment and a paycheck.

i go to the bar or stay home to watch NFL. There is no reason to make these rich people richer.

You are not entitled to go to the Super Bowl just because you root for the Patriots.

You are not entitled to have the laws of supply and demand supplanted just because you sat through rough years and bad weather.

It would be nice if the Patriots made an effort to make sure every ticket they controlled went to fans who were hardcore-Lord knows the crowd and Gillette sucks balls when it comes to enthusiasm for the team. But the reality is that this is a business and you need to be content with the idea that you either need to pay out the ass to get tickets or enjoy the game in the comfort of your own home.

I agree, too many on this thread are ignoring the supply and demand factor. Yes, it'd refreshing to see only the most 'loyal' of fans get to go to the best games like the Superbowl, but that is pretty far from realism since the demand for tickets to a game like the superbowl is relatively unparalleled. The fact that tickets to NFL games and the superbowl sell for so much doesn't indicate that the prices will fall anytime soon, whether it alienates the 'loyal' or not.

When I first clicked on this thread, I hoped the open letter to Mr. Kraft would be to thank him for guiding this franchise to be the best in all of sports and that we appreciate his efforts and wish him and his family good health.

I agree, too many on this thread are ignoring the supply and demand factor. Yes, it'd refreshing to see only the most 'loyal' of fans get to go to the best games like the Superbowl, but that is pretty far from realism since the demand for tickets to a game like the superbowl is relatively unparalleled. The fact that tickets to NFL games and the superbowl sell for so much doesn't indicate that the prices will fall anytime soon, whether it alienates the 'loyal' or not.

When I first clicked on this thread, I hoped the open letter to Mr. Kraft would be to thank him for guiding this franchise to be the best in all of sports and that we appreciate his efforts and wish him and his family good health.

If you had been a season ticket holder for years and saw "corporate" getting tickets without thought, I think you might think different.

You are wrong, 100% wrong.

I'm starting to think the Patriots vs. anyone is going to be record ticket prices simply because of the 19-0 implications.

You are STARTING to think?
Dude, I came to that realization about week 9 when the Pats were gearing up for Indy. Which is why I went through insane measures to go to 5 games this year. And I live in Chicago!

Apart from divine intervention, none of us is going to get a ticket to that game.

Was it this year that the team sent out a letter to the FOTYs saying that due to circumstances that they would not be able to get tickets to the SB should the Pats make it? I have only heard of 2 season ticket holders to win a chance to buy tickets to the SB at face value in the team lottery.

I wish I was the owner of the Pats. There would not be one single seat sold to anyone that was not a season ticket holder. So, I make less money. Well, when you are worth millions, it is hardly a problem.

Fix it Kraft.

Yeah THAT would fix it.

I personally know several people who ARE season ticket holders who rarely attend games. And they live locally to the stadium. Selling the tickets to STH is not the way to make sure that real fans go.

I out myself on the waiting list for tickets some years ago while I was still living in Japan (15 years) so that when I got back to America I would hopefully be able to get a ticket in my life time. I also know of people who have season tickets who have been offered more. How is THAT right? All I want is a single ticket. And I figure it will be 2025 before I get that.

All that said, having sat down in end zone, 4th row for the playoffs last year, there are a lot of people who are there with no idea what is going on. Yes, you can blame some of it on Club seating and boxes, but the people around me were acting like they were at the freaking opera. Passive and quiet.

After this thread I will likely be black listed from ever getting tickets.
:bricks:

I have missed all Patriots Super Bowls so far. I'm going to the next one they're in, regardless of cost, and I'm going to fly up to 9000 miles to get there. But then again, I don't mind if my kids miss a meal or two. And so what if they need to sleep outside. Daddy needs his Pats.

Great points. Since Kraft touts the "I was a ST holder and a fan" mantra he should fix this abuse of power, if he still really cares about the fans. Save seats for the 'beautiful people' since it's your business but put a decent number out in a lottery for long time ST holders.

Exactly! Somebody else who gets it. Understand now that the normal whiners are going to call you a whiner for taking this postion. :)

Your premise is wrong.
It's not the Pats geting that money.
It's the people re-selling the SB tix that are geting the money.

Even though I personally have no desire to go to the SB even at 'list' price I sympathise with ordinary folks being victimized by profiteers.

Yep, you're right about the premise being wrong (no offense to the poster to whom you responded). The corporate types that are sold the tickets pay face value. And these tickets go to them collectively by the thousands. I submit that reserving less for them, and providing more for the fans that support your team every week, will give your team some edge in the Super Bowl.

I also disagree with those that say the "real fan" isn't entitled to tickets. I at least think we should be more "entitled" to them than some non-fan corporate stuffed shirt.

I challenge anybody to go to the Super Bowl, and have discussions like the following: "My company got me the tickets through the Patriots. They're on the 35 yard line about 20 rows up. I hope Tim Brady and Pete Moss do well. Now Lovie, where's the shrimp bowl and hot totties?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes