PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An Open Letter to Robert Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Note: I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch by posting this now, but this gives the most time for action. What action, I don't exactly know.

This is an open letter to Robert Kraft, even though I have no clue if he'd ever read this site. This is one I've wanted to post for a very long time.

Why can't the good, honest, life long Patriot fans get tickets for the Super Bowl?

I am like so many other fans on Patsfans.com. Most of us:

1. Have spent thousands of dollars on Patriots jackets, jerseys, caps, coats, etc. over the years.
2. Have spent thousands of dollars going to regular season Patriot games in Miami, Phoenix, Baltimore, Cinncinnati, Washington etc.
3. Supported our Patriot teams, that had overwhelming losing records, sitting on the cold aluminum benches, screaming our voices horse, in the old days.
4. Travelled to at least one (in my case New Orleans in '86 and Houston for Sbowl 38) Super Bowl location without tickets, and were shut out from getting into the game.

While down celebrating with other fans at the Super Bowl festivities, you bump into a slew of folks whose corporate connections got them tickets for the game, although they can't name a player on either team. The true fans watch the game at a bar.

The lowest price my wife and I found for tickets in Houston was $5000.00 for two tickets, so we chose to eat and keep our electicity on instead.

Mr. Kraft, corporate smoozing may help one's pocketbook, but we know you to be for the fan. We are the fans. We are the ones that can't get to most games.

What would give your team a better edge towards winning Super Bowl number 4? A stadium full of corporate slugs sipping hot chocolate, who couldn't care less about your team, or thousands of rabid, yelling and screaming Patriot fans, being the ULTIMATE 12th Man for your team?

The first 5 Super Bowls this team was in were for the the companies and corporations. Maybe you can see to it that this one is for we DIEHARD Patriot fans?

Thank you,

A Diehard, Real, Life Long, New England Patriot Fan

Note: I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch by posting this now, but this gives the most time for action. What action, I don't exactly know.

This is an open letter to Robert Kraft, even though I have no clue if he'd ever read this site. This is one I've wanted to post for a very long time.

Why can't the good, honest, life long Patriot fans get tickets for the Super Bowl?

1. Have spent thousands of dollars on Patriots jackets, jerseys, caps, coats, etc. over the years.
2. Have spent thousands of dollars going to regular season Patriot games in Miami, Phoenix, Baltimore, Cinncinnati, Washington etc.
3. Supported our Patriot teams, that had overwhelming losing records, sitting on the cold aluminum benches, screaming our voices horse, in the old days.
4. Travelled to at least one (in my case New Orleans in '86 and Houston for Sbowl 38) Super Bowl location without tickets, and were shut out from getting into the game.

While down celebrating with other fans at the Super Bowl festivities, you bump into a slew of folks whose corporate connections got them tickets for the game, although they can't name a player on either team. The true fans watch the game at a bar.

The lowest price my wife and I found for tickets in Houston was $5000.00 for two tickets, so we chose to eat and keep our electicity on instead.

Mr. Kraft, corporate smoozing may help one's pocketbook, but we know you to be for the fan. We are the fans. We are the ones that can't get to most games.

What would give your team a better edge towards winning Super Bowl number 4? A stadium full of corporate slugs sipping hot chocolate, who couldn't care less about your team, or thousands of rabid, yelling and screaming Patriot fans, being the ULTIMATE 12th Man for your team?

The first 5 Super Bowls this team was in were for the the companies and corporations. Maybe you can see to it that this one is for we DIEHARD Patriot fans?

Thank you,

what you dont understand is that the companies and corporations pay kraft millions of dollars, also they were responsible for building the staduim, which in turn produces revenue to sign key players,you should be happy you have a great team, stop your whining, and if you want to go , go buy some tickets

Why are you writing Kraft, the Patriots are the only team trying to police the resale of their teams tickets. They sued StubHub to get a list of sellers and buyers of Patriots game tickets. As a season ticket holder, the Patriots allow you to sell only through their WEB site with no markup except resale fees.

Companies always have been buying season tickets and always have been handing them out to whomever they please, that will never change.

Other then his commitee position within the NFL, he'll have little effect on preventing scalpers from sell SB tickets at over inflated prices. Unless of course if it's a Patriot season ticket holder using StubHub, think of how many season ticket holders will lose their rights after this year, it'll be interesting, since they won the StubHub case and got the names of everyone that bought or sold Patriots game tickets on StubHub.

If it's Patriots vs. Cowboys in the Super Bowl, my guess is that ticket prices will set a record beyond what even a fool like me is willing to pay. And I shelled out thousands for both Houston and Jacksonville.

Why are you writing Kraft, the Patriots are the only team trying to police the resale of their teams tickets. They sued StubHub to get a list of sellers and buyers of Patriots game tickets. As a season ticket holder, the Patriots allow you to sell only through their WEB site with no markup except resale fees.

The Patriots resell tickets for the Super Bowl at extreme markups through PrimeSport. The Patriots suing StubHub is not to protect the fans, it is to get their cut of the money.
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2005/02/01/fans_forced_to_tackle_big_markup/

Thank you,

another idea would be to get a part time job make 5 k and go to the game that way you can still eat and have your electricity on, sorry there is no freebies in this world,spend your time working rather than writing silly letters, thats the american way

If it's Patriots vs. Cowboys in the Super Bowl, my guess is that ticket prices will set a record beyond what even a fool like me is willing to pay. And I shelled out thousands for both Houston and Jacksonville.

I'm starting to think the Patriots vs. anyone is going to be record ticket prices simply because of the 19-0 implications.

Dear Kraft

I have had season tickets for years (early 90's) and have yet to see a sb. Please send me tickets.

Thank you :cool:

Last edited:
At the end of the day participating teams get a limited number of tickets that would never begin to satisfy season ticket holder demand, let alone fan demand. So they do with them what they feel will benefit the organization the most in the long run. It's not a situation unique to NE. It's life in the real world. Be happy Kraft has arranged for you to be able to watch your team play in multiple superbowls on TV in just the last decade.

I'm starting to think the Patriots vs. anyone is going to be record ticket prices simply because of the 19-0 implications.

I'm not so sure about that, I think it depends on who we play. Prices were cheaper vs. Carolina, higher vs. Philly, all due to how rabid and affluent the fan base is. If we end up playing Seattle, for instance, how many Seahawks fans will want to spend all that money and travel all that distance to see their team get waxed? But vs. Cowboys or Packers, tix will be outrageous. I'm pulling for Seattle in the NFC. ;)

I'm not so sure about that, I think it depends on who we play. Prices were cheaper vs. Carolina, higher vs. Philly, all due to how rabid and affluent the fan base is. If we end up playing Seattle, for instance, how many Seahawks fans will want to spend all that money and travel all that distance to see their team get waxed? But vs. Cowboys or Packers, tix will be outrageous. I'm pulling for Seattle in the NFC. ;)

Let's go Tampa Bay or Seahawks!

what you dont understand is that the companies and corporations pay kraft millions of dollars, also they were responsible for building the staduim, which in turn produces revenue to sign key players,you should be happy you have a great team, stop your whining, and if you want to go , go buy some tickets

If I am not mistaken the salary cap is a percentage of the TV revenue and the "corporate" revenue and stadium revenue is reserved for the team.

Fans inevitably pay the TV revenue by supporting the advertisers, buying Miller Light, etc.

It isn't whining that the average fan can't afford 10k for 2 tickets, not including transportation and hotel. It's the truth.

My concern for all major pro sports that ticket prices have outpaced the income of the majority of fans, and they, pro sports, receive some level of anti-trust protection. Allowing for what amounts to price fixing.

That said I think that the Pats and Mr. Kraft specifically have done more than other franchises protecting their fans, and the SB isn't a "team" game its a league game. You would be better served if your letter was directed to the NFL not the Pats.

Last edited:
That said I think that the Pats and Mr. Kraft specifically have done more than other franchises protecting their fans, and the SB isn't a "team" game its a league game. You would be better served if your letter was directed to the NFL not the Pats.

When you're writing that letter can you tell the league to stop telling people on the radio and TV they can't use the words "Super Bowl". That "Big Game in Arizona in February" crap is annoying.

The Patriots resell tickets for the Super Bowl at extreme markups through PrimeSport. The Patriots suing StubHub is not to protect the fans, it is to get their cut of the money.
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2005/02/01/fans_forced_to_tackle_big_markup/

But does it not prevent tickets from being sold at huge markups, which are not allow on their site ??? What cut, they already got their cut, the fees are for Ticketmaster from providing the service.

Also, that story is 2 years old, got anything recent ?

If I am not mistaken the salary cap is a percentage of the TV revenue and the "corporate" revenue and stadium revenue is reserved for the team.

Fans inevitably pay the TV revenue by supporting the advertisers, buying Miller Light, etc.

It isn't whining that the average fan can't afford 10k for 2 tickets, not including transportation and hotel. It's the truth.

My concern for all major pro sports that ticket prices have outpaced the income of the majority of fans, and they, pro sports, receive some level of anti-trust protection. Allowing for what amounts to price fixing.

Thanks Wretch! Alot of great points.

Come on, come on, letttt me give you money,
come on, come on, lissssten to the money talk .....

to hell with football, I'm becoming a Revs fan - those tickets are easy to get

wait soccer is football.......I'm so confused

another idea would be to get a part time job make 5 k and go to the game that way you can still eat and have your electricity on, sorry there is no freebies in this world,spend your time working rather than writing silly letters, thats the american way

The American way is to spend time with your family & children...not to work 80 hours/week! The American way says if you work hard (not every waking hour) you'll have a good life. It's too bad that's not true 100% of the time.

But does it not prevent tickets from being sold at huge markups, which are not allow on their site ??? What cut, they already got their cut, the fees are for Ticketmaster from providing the service.

Also, that story is 2 years old, got anything recent ?

Yeah....2 years old....the time of our last Super Bowl appearance. I have no problems with the Patriots scalping their tickets through PrimeSport. Just don't be hypocrites by going after StubHub for doing the same thing.

Last edited:

You sound like me. I got picked in the lottery for the Rams but I didn't need to since everyone who went down without tickets got in for face. I shelled out thousands like you for both Panthers and Eagles as well. I remember how many people were outside Reliant before SB 38 without tickets. They all heard the stories about SB 36 and how everyone got in as long as you showed up. There must have been 5,000 pats fans (maybe more)looking for tickets with none available. The lottery seems to be about a zero chance since they guarantee the club seat holders and luxury boxes tickets.That leaves a small amount for the season ticket lottery. PM me after the AFCCG if you are flying solo on tickets and need to pair up with somebody to buy some since most don't sell singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes