An open letter to Bill Belichick about the 2007 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomezcat

Grumpy Englishman.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Dear Mr Belichick,

Allow me to introduce myself. I am a poster on this board and something of an expert on the draft that just passed. I spent literally MINUTES looking at game tape from si.com, analysing hits (looking at them, and saying "ouch!"), seeing guys make as many as four or five catches (some of them had to jump for those passes, which is really cool. See, I told you I could do in- depth analysis) or throw some really wicked passes.

In some cases, I spent as many as two or even three minutes looking at highlights on you tube. Yes, I went to that depth of research, astounding as it may seem. I spent quite a long time looking at draft sites and seeing stuff on paper.

Imagine, then, my horror when you traded away #28, the second and a fourth round pick for 2008, some bloke from Texas Tech and a guy with character issues from Marshall.

Bill, the draft is NOT about doing what is best for the team in the long term. It is NOT about looking at value and deciding that guys from places can be drafted from places that are nowhere near New England like "Central Colorado". I mean, I googled this guy and found nothing.

Then there's one of them who kills and skins coyotes. I hope you realise that killing your opponent would draw a 15 yard personal foul, Mr "Back street boys" Rogers?

Then you picked a guy called Oscar. Wasn't one of the characters on Sesame St. called Oscar? I mean, fair play to Sesame St. They taught me how to count. I still say, "VON, HA HA HA " "TWOOO HA HA HA" etc. But, Oscar is NOT a name for a football player. Try Jeff, Dave or De Marcus.

Bill, the draft is about us on patsfans. We have interactive mocks and "pick 'em" contests. This is life and death stuff for us. I spent hours watching the first round, listening to inane commentary from guys like Deion "I know nothing about football or winning Superbowls" Sanders, or Marshall "no, I don't either" Faulk. I, on the other hand, have won countless Superbowls on Madden with the AI fiddled to help me so you really need to listen to me.

A guy has to eat. I was forced to live on noodles (super noodles- they're the quick cook, flavoured ones that we get over here), diet coke and coffee. THAT is passion and a sign of my unstinting devotion to patsfans, the streaming of the 1st round and replying to Box_O_Rocks' posts. You then disrespected me by not picking guys I had heard of.

Do you people, who have won 3 superbowls in the past six, who have been in the game for the last 30 years, who employ teams of full time scouts, who spend their lives watching games, interviewing, analysing and breaking down game tape, know anything?

Why didn't you just look on nfldraftcountdown, or footballsfuture or something? It's got top x lists so you can just copy and paste them into excel. Make sure that the pick doesn't have good fit for cover 2 though, 'cos that would be silly.

Oh, and next year, can you do a secret list of your draft board? Go on, I'll be your best mate. Then I can do the pick 'em contest with some degree of accuracy.

Cheers,
G.Cat (Mr)

(Warning: the above post MIGHT be satirical in nature)

Dear Mr. G. Cat (MR)

I have read your Letter and I would like to say that you possess the insight I need to run my organization. If you could send you address to me I'll send out the contract immedatly Thank you for your time

Mr. Al Davis

LOL! Best. Post. In. MONTHS. Perfection.

IT'S ALL BRILLIANT, but here's a bunch of my favorite parts:

"I spent literally MINUTES looking at game tape from si.com"

"In some cases, I spent as many as two or even three minutes looking at highlights on you tube."

"guys...from places that are nowhere near New England like "Central Colorado". I mean, I googled this guy and found nothing."

"I, on the other hand, have won countless Superbowls on Madden with the AI fiddled to help me"

"THAT is passion and a sign of my unstinting devotion to patsfans, the streaming of the 1st round and replying to Box_O_Rocks' posts. You then disrespected me by not picking guys I had heard of."

"Do you people, who have won 3 superbowls in the past six, who have been in the game for the last 30 years, who employ teams of full time scouts, who spend their lives watching games, interviewing, analysing and breaking down game tape, know anything?"

"Why didn't you just look on nfldraftcountdown, or footballsfuture or something? It's got top x lists so you can just copy and paste them into excel."

Gomez, you've outdone yourself. Just complete and total GENIUS.

Last edited:
Justin Rogers DOES look like that Backstreet Boy though....

Funny stuff. Well I heard that the Texans need a GM. You probably can't do worse. :D

AWESOME post...Gomez, you rock :rocker:

:rofl:
post of the year!!!

Cat, if you are going to write letter to BB, you should refain from embellishments.

Everyone here who followed your draft work knows that you spent seconds, not minutes, on your draft work. You didn't even spend enough time to develope a man crush on any player,as some others did.

Cat, if you are going to write letter to BB, you should refain from embellishments.

Everyone here who followed your draft work knows that you spent seconds, not minutes, on your draft work. You didn't even spend enough time to develope a man crush on any player,as some others did.

:mad: That's libel. I spent WAY OVER 60 seconds, deciding on what players I would pick in the mock draft. It took me ages to type "Box, can you pick my players for me?", as he did with two of them.

:mad: That's libel. I spent WAY OVER 60 seconds, deciding on what players I would pick in the mock draft. It took me ages to type "Box, can you pick my players for me?", as he did with two of them.

Are you going to tell Mr. Belichick that you were playing Polian instead of Pioli? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes